ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture was of the lighted kitchen and the focus was the counter and kitchen sink area with bowls and dishes… What I also saw in the picture, was potting soil on the counter next to a small upright houseplant beneath the window, left of the sink.
It has been said that there are earlier pictures showing the counter without soil on it, and the dishes etc less disturbed. The thinking was that this was done by the investigators. I'll see if I can find the source, they seemed pretty confident in what they were saying.

It stands out to me that he repeated "he didn't have to go up the steps" twice.

Seems like he believes Ethan and/or Xana were targets.

But if Kaylee and Maddie's cause of death don't match, then I'd think the person who was more severely attacked (which is what her dad seems to have been implying) was a target. Piecing this together - were Xana and Maddie the targets? As others have pointed out, they worked together and were part of the same sorority.

Hopefully the parents are being provided with some counseling. Can understand LE would not be happy with Kaylee’s dad, but can’t imagine how awful a parent’s mental state would be after losing their child like that. Would be a lot of trauma for any person to deal with

From the Fox Interview discussion about if it was targeted:

Steve: “I’ll cut to the case, their means of death don’t match”

Jones: Maddie’s and Kaylee’s cause of death does not match based on the autopsy report?

Steve: “They don’t match”

Jone’s: Would it indicate…

Steve: “He doesn’t have to go up the steps. Let’s stop playing games guys. I need somebody to step up and be an alpha; be somebody to be a leader. Don’t make me do it. I don’t want to do it. He doesn’t have to go up those steps. Their points of damage don’t match. I’m just going to say it. It wasn’t leaked to me. I earned that. I paid for that funeral. I paid for that. It’s my right. They ain’t taken that from me.”

No link yet. Will post when available.

Last edited:
ya know... now that I reread that, how about this:

the killer prepped a couple of different exits and the window was a plan b.

That would actually be very smart, would explain the block and screen, etc.

once I was there and had my plan detailed and burned into my memory, I'd want to make sure that getting out was as foolproof as possible. Preparing for exit points would be among those things.

what do you think?
Or this would account for multiple killers

That's the way I read it. The cause of death was different for M in comparison to K.

He also said they didn't have to go up the stairs. Possibly indicating that K or M was the target. But I don't really know what I make of that. It's the difference in cause of death that has piqued my interest.
could this potentially mean either M or K actually had a different cause of death from the others - for example blunt force trauma to the head? Then the knife work was saved for the possible "target" & remaining two -- with the target individual sustaining far more "attention" than others.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but can anyone provide any insight on what device this might be and what its used for?

Source

Caption: "A member of the Idaho State Police forensics team works at a house in Moscow, Idaho, last Friday. Four University of Idaho students were found dead in the home on Nov. 13. (Ted S. Warren / Special to The Seattle Times)"

Thanks in advance!
In my opinion, this equipment is used to detect blood - it is called steam thermography and is better than trying to use luminol in certain applications - in this photo you can see the person is going outside with it. My guess is they were trying to find traces of blood outside the home. Here is an article that discusses steam thermography, fyi: Forensics, law enforcement | Homeland Security Newswire

But if Kaylee and Maddie's cause of death don't match, then I'd think the person who was more severely attacked (which is what her dad seems to have been implying) was a target. Piecing this together - were Xana and Maddie the targets? As others have pointed out, they worked together and were part of the same sorority.
No, my take is the father is pleading to our common sense that K&M were the targets because “he didn’t have to go up the stairs” if they weren’t.

And the father implied that he paid for a second, private autopsy. JMO.

Killer entered the house knowing at a MINIMUM FOUR people would be present..perhaps more. Think about that....
They wouldn't leave anything to chance and this is why they waited for the victims to retire in their beds. This wasn't simply a *roll of the dice* for this killer. Perhaps the only *fly in the ointment* was either missing the two survivors or failing to access them with the doors locked. Cold...calculating killer. This isn't someone they would have casually encounter previously. Just MOO.

I would like to hope that they are looking into anyone that just came to that neighborhood like a visiting relative or visiting friend. Maybe somebody that was left in charge of a house while the owners were away.

I hope this doesn't become cold. Just the fact that many of the people in that area would disperse over the next few years due to graduating college. That would make it a tough cold case.

Random Jmo

But, Xana's name is most comparable to Xena: Princesss Warrior. A more feminine version with the 'a' than the 'e' (Xana vs Xena, respectively). I don't know this family or the origin of her name, so idk for certain. But, I find more peace with that comparison and origin than the other possibility of origin. Plus, as I understand; Xana's a Warrior.

Again, idk for certain her name's origin. So, I'm not egging to be argumentative. I just think it's a more honorable comparison than the other possibility, especially given the circumstances.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

All JMO

From the Fox Interview:

Steve: “I’ll cut to the case, their means of death don’t match”

Jones: Maddie’s and Kaylee’s cause of death does not match based on the autopsy report?

Steve: “They don’t match”

Jone’s: Would it indicate…

Steve: “He doesn’t have to go up the steps. Let’s stop playing games guys. I need somebody to step up and be an alpha; be somebody to be a leader. Don’t make me do it. I don’t want to do it. He doesn’t have to go up those steps. Their points of damage don’t match. I’m just going to say it. It wasn’t leaked to me. I earned that. I paid for that funeral. I paid for that. It’s my right. They ain’t taken that from me.”

Guess I'll have to see the clip but until then some questions:

1) M and K cause of death does not match X and E, or is it M cause of death does not match K?
2) He doesn't have to go up steps. This probably means he believes X and E were the targets? Reiterates that and also that the damage doesn't match.
3) Not sure what the "stop playing games", "be an alpha/leader" or "don't make me do it" is about. Is he frustrated with LE?
4) "It wasn't leaked to me. I earned that" very interesting, not sure what it has to do with a funeral though?

Without seeing it live I can already sense the emotions. What a horrible time for these families, can't even imagine.

Killer entered the house knowing at a MINIMUM FOUR people would be present..perhaps more. Think about that....
They wouldn't leave anything to chance and this is why they waited for the victims to retire in their beds. This wasn't simply a *roll of the dice* for this killer. Perhaps the only *fly in the ointment* was either missing the two survivors or failing to access them with the doors locked. Cold...calculating killer. This isn't someone they would have casually encounter previously. Just MOO.

I would like to hope that they are looking into anyone that just came to that neighborhood like a visiting relative or visiting friend. Maybe somebody that was left in charge of a house while the owners were away.

I hope this doesn't become cold. Just the fact that many of the people in that area would disperse over the next few years due to graduating college. That would make it a tough cold case.

If X and M were targets, that would make sense in that E and K were not supposed to be there since they didn’t live there (or anymore). They ended up being collateral. And perhaps why the “points of damage” do not match. But then the “didn’t have to go up the steps” starts to NOT make sense… if M was indeed the target, her bedroom was always upstairs, therefore the killer would have to go upstairs. I don’t know. My head is spinning.

I saw that the LE officials left the house with paper bags. I’m leaning towards evidence but couldn’t tell if the bags were sealed. I know every state is different, but this is what MA says about packing evidence.

Link to site: https://www.mass.gov/doc/evidence-packaging/download

Attachments

• 78D57FCB-337C-4199-8A0A-B204876E8142.jpeg
    78D57FCB-337C-4199-8A0A-B204876E8142.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 23
I think it’s interesting.

But AFAIK, LE hasn’t changed the statement that there was no forced entry?
If the window was unlocked or had a non-operational lock, would opening it to gain access be considered forced entry more so than entering through the sliding door? Or are you saying the disturbed plant would have been considered possible evidence of forced entry such that the statement of no evidence of forced entry would not have been made? I truly don’t know the nuances.

Random Jmo

But, Xana's name is most comparable to Xena: Princesss Warrior. A more feminine version with the 'a' than the 'e' (Xana vs Xena, respectively). I don't know this family or the origin of her name, so idk for certain. But, I find more peace with that comparison and origin than the other possibility of origin. Plus, as I understand; Xana's a Warrior.

Again, idk for certain her name's origin. So, I'm not egging to be argumentative. I just think it's a more honorable comparison than the other possibility, especially given the circumstances.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

All JMO
Well, for that matter, it's only one letter away from Xanax also. Failing to see the point here.

But re: another recent "reveal"....gee, who is Mrs G referring to? Silent speculation only, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53