ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. It's generally more internalized than what we associate with bargaining, but it can be outwardly projected as well.

So true, but you know the last thing he really wants to do is help the killer get away. It strikes me that we are all kind of going along for the ride with him. We are grieving too, and you can see a lot of the five stages playing out in our own postings.
Thing about those stages is that they are not in a straight line and any and all of them can be recycled in real time and well out of sequence. They never entirely finish until acceptance arises but it often comes with bits of the others tagged on, sometimes interminably.

It was discussed little how the killer moved around in darkness albeit assumption is that they were somehow familiar with the interior of the house. Even in my own house on the new moon night i would not be able to see well in the dark. He must have had some night vision tool used also as a mask covering large part of his face, he was too arrogantly confident to walk around the house full of people without taking precautions not to be recognised if confronted by one of the tenants.
Snipped.

Has LE confirmed that the killer moved around in darkness? There could have been some lights on. It is not uncommon for people to leave a bathroom light on at night in case they need to get up up to use the bathroom (the loo). Even one light left on could provide enough reflected light for a killer to be able to see his way around. He might have also used a flashlight (a torch).

@Knox :) .

(not to be confused with the interview by Brian Entin that airs tonight)

INTERVIEW WITH KAYLEE'S MOM AND DAD

3rd December.

Reporter - Joining me now on set, the parents of Kaylee Gonsalves, C. and S. Thank you all so much for being with me. You guys have been so transparent and strong for the public. C., you called the person that did this, the bogeyman.

Mom - Yeah.

Reporter - What did you mean by that?.

Mom - It's literally like what nightmares are made of. Like when you're a little kid and you think of the bogeyman. That's just how I feel. Like, that's just.. the horrific details of everything. Them just having a good time, going home and going to bed and this happening to them.

Dad - Best friends crawling into bed.

Mom - Just crawling into bed and the bogeyman comes.

Dad - Every girl in America knows what that's like.

Mom - The bogeyman doesn't meet you at McDonald's. I mean, the bogeyman comes and snatches you out of your bedroom.

Reporter - S., we've been talking. I've been talking to folks in the community. You said something that stuck with me. You said, until this person is caught, you can't sleep in your bed.

Dad - No. I can't just lay in my bed and do nothing. That's not the way I raised my family. That's not the way I raised my girls and my son. You don't be a victim. You stand up for yourself and you do everything in your power to make sure people hear you. They're going to hear Kaylee. They're gonna hear Maddie. They're gonna hear these..

Mom - The other 2 as well.

Dad - I'm careful saying anything about them because I need to be careful because I can't speak on somebody else's child. But these two girls, I'm not trying to be a glory hound, but these two girls, I'm going to do what I can do. And we're not being victims. We're going to fight. We're going to figure out how to make sure that we hold everybody, you know, accountable and we keep eyes and attention on this and get this thing resolved.

Reporter - S., you have made it very clear to our audience that you are supportive of law enforcement. You support the investigation, but recently I've been watching and talking with you and you're getting frustrated. What does that frustration come from, Sir?.

Dad - They put certain people between you and the officers that are making things happen. And those people are like lawyers and they don't want to say anything and they don't have the guts to come up and be alpha and be like leaders and say, 'hey, we might say something that's wrong, we're going to take that hit'. So the officers, they looked me straight in their eyes, the lead detective look me in his eyes. I have no doubt he's working as hard as he can, but somebody isn't communicating. There's nothing being released. It seems like they're trying to suppress the story. We want to put rewards out. They're like, 'don't do that'. Yeah, I get it your town doesn't want to have reward posters posted all over when you come and you do, your rush (?). You're not gonna get a lot of students if they see those things, but this community is not gonna heal until this guy's pulled off the streets. It ain't gonna happen. Think it through. It's not gonna happen. He has to be off the streets. We all are working for the same thing.

Reporter - When was the last time you all heard from the police?.

Mom - Thursday.

Dad - Thursday, we looked at phone records. We want to be accurate. We don't want to sell anyone out.

Mom - About 3:00 o'clock on Thursday.

Reporter - And then did you all get an update from the police about the investigation?.

Mom - There was nothing. We have no updates for you.

Dad - There was no update. They needed us to sign a waiver form so that they could investigate something..

Mom - Some mail.

Dad - ..that was mail related. So, we're working with them, we're not selling them out. We love our law support.

Mom - And the FBI, everybody that's here. We just have no information, as family, and it gets tough day after day after day. I mean, everyday you just wake up and think today's the day we're going to hear something and you see these 'oh, there's a break in the case', and it'll just be something stupid.

Dad - A 6th person on the lease that was never there. Stop playing games. This is serious. These are peoples lives and this is the future of this community. There's going to be 10,000, 15,000 kids that come into this community next year, or they don't. So, be serious.

Reporter - I had the opportunity to speak to some of my sources and I've been told that there were differences in the way that the victims were killed. Some were more severe than the other and this week we heard the targeted attack walk back and then reverse it back to him being a targeted attack. What can you tell us about the targeted attack?.

Mom - They have told us that it was targeted but they told us they can't tell us who. We asked specifically and they said 'we'll try to get that information to you' and they got back to us a day or so later and they said 'we're sorry we can't give you that information', but then a day later we saw on the news that it was not targeted, or they think the whole house was targeted, but..

Dad - I'll cut to the chase. Their means of death don't match, they don't.

Reporter - Maddie's and Kaylee's cause of death, it does not match based on the autopsy report?.

Dad - They don't match.

Reporter - Would it indicate that one of them..

Dad - It doesn't have to go up the steps. Let's stop playing games, guys. I need somebody to step up and be an alpha. Be somebody to be a leader. Don't make me do it. I don't wanna do it. It doesn't have to go up those steps. Their points of damage don't match. I'm just going to say it. It wasn't leaked to me, I earned that. I paid for that funeral. I paid for that it's my right. You ain't taking that from me.

Mom - Calm down.

Dad - If you don't want to say nothing, that's your bit, but don't say I'm leaking anything. I paid that bill. Sent my daughter to college to get an education, she came back in a box and I can speak on that.

Reporter - I was also told from sources that are close to the investigation because there was a lot of roommates in there, and this was horrific for those roommates that were there as well.

Mom - Yeah, absolutely.

Reporter - The preservation of this crime scene. Witnesses tell me that it may have well been been preserved because the phone was passed around between one of the fraternity members and the girls. One of them, unfortunately witnessed the death.. the body there. Can you confirm that?.

Mom - We cannot actually. We know nothing about that whole phone call. We've asked and I mean I know that a lot people want to know but that's just not urgent, we're just like, somebody called 911. Somebody was reported unconscious. We don't really know. I mean we've heard so many different things and nothing has been clarified or been told to us at all. I don't know if I personally have asked anything about that. I don't know if you've asked anything about that, but we know that this is getting three weeks in and it's starting to get.. we don't want it to go cold. We're reaching out. I reach out to friends down in California today that have connections that we're hoping to raise some money to get a reward to get a private investigator.

Dad - Third party.

Mom - Third party.

Reporter - Why go the private route. Do you all worry that at the end of this week that this case may be cold?.

Dad - We're scared.

Mom - We're scared, we're scared.

Dad - You tell me you don't want a photo up there with the reward offering information - that kind of sounds like you're trying to like suppress the story. I mean, why do you not need help?. But hey, I could be wrong and you officers, I apologise if I'm wrong, please forgive me, please forgive me. But if you don't have the information - people do know, if they don't. Then you know.. this is a community that is IT based. These guys live a digital footprint like we've never.. all us older people, we don't know how much that digital footprint could be helpful. So, that's what we asked for. I hope like a DNA family lineage - if they could come out here and just start taking.. this town is not that big, we could figure out this. And it might not be him, it might be a family member. We have family all going to the school together, you know, there's cousins, there's aunts, there's uncles. We could find this guy just with volunteers.

Mom - Lineage companies where our..

Dad - Put Idaho on the map.

Reporter - C., S., we're going to stay on this case.

Dad - Thank you.

Mom - Thank you.

Reporter - We're not going anywhere. You guys have been candid with us. We'll keep asking questions. Any resource that we have available. Our audiences is praying for you guys. Thank you all. It was big for you guys to come back to Moscow tonight. I know it took a lot of courage to do it.

Mom - Yeah, it took a lot.

Reporter - I'm hoping we can get some answers for you. Thanks so much for joining me tonight.
Dads going from the heartbreak/shock phase to the downright pi$$ed off stage.

JUST MY UNWANTED OPINION
You don’t have to call me Mr. President or Mr. Spock but I do know something about loss. That being said, if the parents don’t keep up the pressure and stay on the news, and the case goes 3 more weeks without any more apparent progress, most of you newcomers will lose interest enough to be proactive. That is why it is important for the parents to never stop. This isn’t a stage of grief it’s a brutal mysterious mass murder of their daughter and they need justice. jfif

We might be speaking of two different things.

Yes, the interview is to keep the profile up.
Some of the content of the interview shows the signs of the stages of grief - understandably.

imo

I'm putting it our there......Ive followed this horrendous crime since the very first thread...
What are the facts.... 4 young people were stabbed to death between 3am and 4am in a multi story home that had an unusual layout. For what ever reason Two students were 'spared'...the coroner witnessed a lot of blood at the crime scene, the weapon a fixed blade knife....yet no sign of break in, the murderer was swift managing to kill two at a time, then he was gone, no blood outside of the house, no one heard a sound, no video footage....nothing.....three weeks later not much else......I am starting to contemplate this being a possible 'hit' ....someone paid some to do this because of the method and the secrecy...
Whereas there is wide speculation that there was no blood outside of the house I don't recall LE ever sharing that so I'm taking it as RUMOUR.
It does look like a 'HIT'.

I believe that a brutal crime like this perpetrated against students by an unknown person or persons who generally targeted them in their home while they likely slept, according to official accounts, should come with substantial warnings to students and the immediate public, and that the school should have issued a strong warning while at the same time implementing either mandatory online coursework or at a minimum, imposed a curfew, until the suspect is caught or known.

Ambiguously sharing generic information with the public about a crime of this magnitude is not enough, and isn't conducive to cultivating public trust in community officials.

My opinion.
We have to remember they have to be able to prosecute this case too. Sometimes what we think we need to know, we don’t and it can help a killer go free.

He probably has no idea if any of the cleared subjects were involved. He's likely just frustrated with LE. I mean, he's been openly critical of them before, hasn't he?
I can’t imagine what it’s like for any of their families, but they aren’t being quoted as officials with the investigation. Their opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.

The five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. It's generally more internalized than what we associate with bargaining, but it can be outwardly projected as well.

So true, but you know the last thing he really wants to do is help the killer get away. It strikes me that we are all kind of going along for the ride with him. We are grieving too, and you can see a lot of the five stages playing out in our own postings.

he's in major pain.In a fantasy world, I''d rather they announced that they'd made an arrest tomorrow morning if it gave him ( & all bereaved) a scintilla of relief

I really hope somebody he's talking to privately ( such as one of these P.I.s he's mentioned in the past cause he's never mentioned any other kind of 'professional' ) will help him with clarifications so that misinformation is not adding to his distress.

Snipped.

Has LE confirmed that the killer moved around in darkness? There could have been some lights on. It is not uncommon for people to leave a bathroom light on at night in case they need to get up up to use the bathroom (the loo). Even one light left on could provide enough reflected light for a killer to be able to see his way around. He might have also used a flashlight (a torch).
plus all those fairy lights and neon wall pix etc - they give off a lot of interior light. ( can't imagine anybody switched those off)

I will share very personal thoughts about this case. When SG had his first interviews I was not convinced he is doing right thing, I was even a little bit irritated with his persistence.

Do not get me wrong, deep sympathy for kids and their parents, feeling with them was there, I had some mussgivings about him overexposing himself, I questioned his motives.

But I gradually started understating him better, feeling his hurt, the impossible burden to wake up 21 mornings to the shocking reality that his beautiful Keylee is not with his family anymore. He is very brave man, he comes along as a man who always protected his family, all of them and this is how he sees his purpose as a husband and a father.

What also striked me during last night interview was how nicely he and his wife - K. mom - work togeher as a team, each others suporters. I could see K. personality in theirs, her loving easy-going hard-working attutude being result of what her parents are made from and stand for.

I am impressed by them, i am hurt with them, i feel their loss much stronger.

What i am trying to say is: Lets not criticise parents, even in our minds, none of us is in their shoes.

Keep the good vibes that this investigation will end up soon and the murderer will face his miserable future behind the bars.

Link to transcription of the interview
Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20' ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Last edited:

I'm putting it our there......Ive followed this horrendous crime since the very first thread...
What are the facts.... 4 young people were stabbed to death between 3am and 4am in a multi story home that had an unusual layout. For what ever reason Two students were 'spared'...the coroner witnessed a lot of blood at the crime scene, the weapon a fixed blade knife....yet no sign of break in, the murderer was swift managing to kill two at a time, then he was gone, no blood outside of the house, no one heard a sound, no video footage....nothing.....three weeks later not much else......I am starting to contemplate this being a possible 'hit' ....someone paid some to do this because of the method and the secrecy...
I’m also thinking some scenario where someone…so extremely jealous of everything this close-knit group represented: love, deep friendships, their own in-crowd, futures to be proud of… something she (?) never would have, said to so-called friend (boy), do this for me. Prove your allegiance to me. Just thinking out loud folks. Stranger things have happened. Jealousy is an extreme motivator.

@Knox :) .

(not to be confused with the interview by Brian Entin that airs tonight)

INTERVIEW WITH KAYLEE'S MOM AND DAD

3rd December.

Reporter - Joining me now on set, the parents of Kaylee Gonsalves, C. and S. Thank you all so much for being with me. You guys have been so transparent and strong for the public. C., you called the person that did this, the bogeyman.

Mom - Yeah.

Reporter - What did you mean by that?.

Mom - It's literally like what nightmares are made of. Like when you're a little kid and you think of the bogeyman. That's just how I feel. Like, that's just.. the horrific details of everything. Them just having a good time, going home and going to bed and this happening to them.

Dad - Best friends crawling into bed.

Mom - Just crawling into bed and the bogeyman comes.

Dad - Every girl in America knows what that's like.

Mom - The bogeyman doesn't meet you at McDonald's. I mean, the bogeyman comes and snatches you out of your bedroom.

Reporter - S., we've been talking. I've been talking to folks in the community. You said something that stuck with me. You said, until this person is caught, you can't sleep in your bed.

Dad - No. I can't just lay in my bed and do nothing. That's not the way I raised my family. That's not the way I raised my girls and my son. You don't be a victim. You stand up for yourself and you do everything in your power to make sure people hear you. They're going to hear Kaylee. They're gonna hear Maddie. They're gonna hear these..

Mom - The other 2 as well.

Dad - I'm careful saying anything about them because I need to be careful because I can't speak on somebody else's child. But these two girls, I'm not trying to be a glory hound, but these two girls, I'm going to do what I can do. And we're not being victims. We're going to fight. We're going to figure out how to make sure that we hold everybody, you know, accountable and we keep eyes and attention on this and get this thing resolved.

Reporter - S., you have made it very clear to our audience that you are supportive of law enforcement. You support the investigation, but recently I've been watching and talking with you and you're getting frustrated. What does that frustration come from, Sir?.

Dad - They put certain people between you and the officers that are making things happen. And those people are like lawyers and they don't want to say anything and they don't have the guts to come up and be alpha and be like leaders and say, 'hey, we might say something that's wrong, we're going to take that hit'. So the officers, they looked me straight in their eyes, the lead detective look me in his eyes. I have no doubt he's working as hard as he can, but somebody isn't communicating. There's nothing being released. It seems like they're trying to suppress the story. We want to put rewards out. They're like, 'don't do that'. Yeah, I get it your town doesn't want to have reward posters posted all over when you come and you do, your rush (?). You're not gonna get a lot of students if they see those things, but this community is not gonna heal until this guy's pulled off the streets. It ain't gonna happen. Think it through. It's not gonna happen. He has to be off the streets. We all are working for the same thing.

Reporter - When was the last time you all heard from the police?.

Mom - Thursday.

Dad - Thursday, we looked at phone records. We want to be accurate. We don't want to sell anyone out.

Mom - About 3:00 o'clock on Thursday.

Reporter - And then did you all get an update from the police about the investigation?.

Mom - There was nothing. We have no updates for you.

Dad - There was no update. They needed us to sign a waiver form so that they could investigate something..

Mom - Some mail.

Dad - ..that was mail related. So, we're working with them, we're not selling them out. We love our law support.

Mom - And the FBI, everybody that's here. We just have no information, as family, and it gets tough day after day after day. I mean, everyday you just wake up and think today's the day we're going to hear something and you see these 'oh, there's a break in the case', and it'll just be something stupid.

Dad - A 6th person on the lease that was never there. Stop playing games. This is serious. These are peoples lives and this is the future of this community. There's going to be 10,000, 15,000 kids that come into this community next year, or they don't. So, be serious.

Reporter - I had the opportunity to speak to some of my sources and I've been told that there were differences in the way that the victims were killed. Some were more severe than the other and this week we heard the targeted attack walk back and then reverse it back to him being a targeted attack. What can you tell us about the targeted attack?.

Mom - They have told us that it was targeted but they told us they can't tell us who. We asked specifically and they said 'we'll try to get that information to you' and they got back to us a day or so later and they said 'we're sorry we can't give you that information', but then a day later we saw on the news that it was not targeted, or they think the whole house was targeted, but..

Dad - I'll cut to the chase. Their means of death don't match, they don't.

Reporter - Maddie's and Kaylee's cause of death, it does not match based on the autopsy report?.

Dad - They don't match.

Reporter - Would it indicate that one of them..

Dad - It doesn't have to go up the steps. Let's stop playing games, guys. I need somebody to step up and be an alpha. Be somebody to be a leader. Don't make me do it. I don't wanna do it. It doesn't have to go up those steps. Their points of damage don't match. I'm just going to say it. It wasn't leaked to me, I earned that. I paid for that funeral. I paid for that it's my right. You ain't taking that from me.

Mom - Calm down.

Dad - If you don't want to say nothing, that's your bit, but don't say I'm leaking anything. I paid that bill. Sent my daughter to college to get an education, she came back in a box and I can speak on that.

Reporter - I was also told from sources that are close to the investigation because there was a lot of roommates in there, and this was horrific for those roommates that were there as well.

Mom - Yeah, absolutely.

Reporter - The preservation of this crime scene. Witnesses tell me that it may have well been been preserved because the phone was passed around between one of the fraternity members and the girls. One of them, unfortunately witnessed the death.. the body there. Can you confirm that?.

Mom - We cannot actually. We know nothing about that whole phone call. We've asked and I mean I know that a lot people want to know but that's just not urgent, we're just like, somebody called 911. Somebody was reported unconscious. We don't really know. I mean we've heard so many different things and nothing has been clarified or been told to us at all. I don't know if I personally have asked anything about that. I don't know if you've asked anything about that, but we know that this is getting three weeks in and it's starting to get.. we don't want it to go cold. We're reaching out. I reach out to friends down in California today that have connections that we're hoping to raise some money to get a reward to get a private investigator.

Dad - Third party.

Mom - Third party.

Reporter - Why go the private route. Do you all worry that at the end of this week that this case may be cold?.

Dad - We're scared.

Mom - We're scared, we're scared.

Dad - You tell me you don't want a photo up there with the reward offering information - that kind of sounds like you're trying to like suppress the story. I mean, why do you not need help?. But hey, I could be wrong and you officers, I apologise if I'm wrong, please forgive me, please forgive me. But if you don't have the information - people do know, if they don't. Then you know.. this is a community that is IT based. These guys live a digital footprint like we've never.. all us older people, we don't know how much that digital footprint could be helpful. So, that's what we asked for. I hope like a DNA family lineage - if they could come out here and just start taking.. this town is not that big, we could figure out this. And it might not be him, it might be a family member. We have family all going to the school together, you know, there's cousins, there's aunts, there's uncles. We could find this guy just with volunteers.

Mom - Lineage companies where our..

Dad - Put Idaho on the map.

Reporter - C., S., we're going to stay on this case.

Dad - Thank you.

Mom - Thank you.

Reporter - We're not going anywhere. You guys have been candid with us. We'll keep asking questions. Any resource that we have available. Our audiences is praying for you guys. Thank you all. It was big for you guys to come back to Moscow tonight. I know it took a lot of courage to do it.

Mom - Yeah, it took a lot.

Reporter - I'm hoping we can get some answers for you. Thanks so much for joining me tonight.

I think it is evident that SG knows info that LE knows about why they believe it was targeted and is saying that if someone from LE doesn’t step up and say why, then he is going to do it. That if he does, he isnt leaking anything, and they do not have a right to be upset with him because it was his family that has paid the price with their daughter’s life.

Possibly two different murderers?
thank you! Excellent post! I vacillate between fixation on one woman and / or just wanting to commit this type of crime on a Ted-Buddy-like level or... I hope LE does have a read on his motivation.
or one was also strangled or in some other way 'marked'
thats What I thought
I had that feeling, too, tonight.

The killer is watching every time Steve speaks. He is sitting there gloating, sadistically, enjoying the father's grief.

He is a coward, harming innocent unarmed kids in their sleep. He is a sneak, a thief, and a liar, and has been like that his whole life.

His sins will find him out.
And a down right low life, with nothing to show for his miserable life, to do this, to four kids, that had so much life to live And so much to give. Jealous bitter rejected COWARD.

We have to remember they have to be able to prosecute this case too. Sometimes what we think we need to know, we don’t and it can help a killer go free.
“ I believe that a brutal crime like this perpetrated against students by an unknown person or persons whogenerally targeted them in their home while they likely slept, according to official accounts, should come with substantial warnings to students and the immediate public, and that the school should have issued a strong warning while at the same time implementing either mandatory online coursework or at a minimum, imposed a curfew, until the suspect is caught or known.”

I agree, and this public info can help the public feel safe. None of this info harms the investigation.
They have already-
- given options for students to do work online at UofI
- PD published an update online nearly every day, but it is hard to tell what is new
- PD says have more officers are around the city for security

- a midnight curfew may be a good idea- but it is a bit late and when do they lift it?
- reminder to check exterior door locks, walk with a buddy at night, get pepper spray, communicate with roommates about comings and goings, check that all window locks work

What we haven’t considered is that there are families that live in Moscow, that have small children that go to school. They have to be mindful about what kids see and hear.

JMO

"I'll cut to the chase – their means of death don't match." Kaylee's father, Steven Goncalves, told "Lawrence Jones Cross Country" on Saturday evening.

When Jones asked if Goncalves was specifically discussing the deaths of his daughter and Mogen, Goncalves repeated: "They don't match."

"Their points of damage don't match," he continued. "I'm just going to say it. It wasn't leaked to me. I earned that. I paid for that funeral. … I sent my daughter to college. She came back in a box, and I can speak on that."

Sounds like he is saying it’s two suspects.

Jmo
I took the fathers statement to be his way of saying the killer had more rage for one of the girls over the other. Perhaps more stabs wounds and or deeper wounds?

If you watch that whole interview he did with Jones he kept saying killer singular. Thus I don’t think he meant 2 killers by saying damage don’t match.

Just to clarify I have not ruled out that their could be more than 1 killer.

Last edited:
MOO: Because the murderer could see in the upstairs prior to the crime. The assailant had been looking in the sliding glass doors for awhile and saw the comings and goings of the upstairs residents. He could see what they were doing from time to time. Maybe the murderer looked in often enough that he felt like he knew the upstairs residents. (Like when we watch TV and feel like we know people) He could see them do mundane things like "twirl their hair" and stuff like that....

The murderer was drawn to what he could see.

The downstairs was an unknown. MOO MOO
“ I believe that a brutal crime like this perpetrated against students by an unknown person or persons whogenerally targeted them in their home while they likely slept, according to official accounts, should come with substantial warnings to students and the immediate public, and that the school should have issued a strong warning while at the same time implementing either mandatory online coursework or at a minimum, imposed a curfew, until the suspect is caught or known.”

I agree, and this public info can help the public feel safe. None of this info harms the investigation.
They have already-
- given options for students to do work online at UofI
- PD published an update online nearly every day, but it is hard to tell what is new
- PD says have more officers are around the city for security

- a midnight curfew may be a good idea- but it is a bit late and when do they lift it?
- reminder to check exterior door locks, walk with a buddy at night, get pepper spray, communicate with roommates about comings and goings, check that all window locks work

What we haven’t considered is that there are families that live in Moscow, that have small children that go to school. They have to be mindful about what kids see and hear.

JMO
Yes and that wasn’t the information that I was referring to. It didn’t quote but it was the posts that say we are not being given information

How does everyone feel about KG's family's decision to not hold a funeral now? I'm the parent of a college senior myself and I certainly sympathize. However, I'm concerned if this case goes the way of Delphi and others I've followed lately they may be prolonging their grieving process. Can anyone speak to this in a professional capacity?
I've wondered about this decision as well. I work in the mental health field and would say every family needs to make the decision for themselves as to what feels right. It sounds like the pain of knowing the killer could possibly attend or gain pleasure from the funeral (while believing they may have gotten away with it) could block the family's ability to focus on their daughter and grief as it will be lingering in the back of their mind. I don't think there is a right or wrong though.

To your point about time, if I was working with them I would encourage holding a private ceremony in the meantime amongst close family, something intimate and not open or told to the public so that they could honor their grief without that fear. Then consider a public funeral at a later time depending on how they feel and how things progress.

As a websleuth though this decision makes me wonder IF there could be some significance or indication KG was more of a target based on the family response. Their feelings are valid no matter what but just makes me wonder. MOO.

Anything is possible. But, my thinking is we'd have his mugshot on our screens by now if that were the case. Then again, there's the whole 'need more evidence to point at him' standpoint we see in cases. So, it's possible.

I'm mostly veering towards somebody on the periphery. No one person in particular, just speaking in general terms.

Jmo
It does seem like something happened on the first floor since investigators used luminol and left with paper bags full of evidence. Very interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee