ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

In that article there is a distinction between "URBANIZED AREAS" (UA) and "URBAN PLACES OUTSIDE UAs".

"Urban Places Outside of UAs, an urban place is any incorporated place or census designated place (CDP) with at least 2,500 inhabitants. A CDP is a densely settled population center that has a name and community identity, and is not part of any incorporated place"

SO Moscow falls in the above category as an "URBAN PLACE". Anyway you cut it, it's a substantially densely populated area of 25000 . MOO

Last edited:
The man, Mr. Harsh, in the Statesman article talks about how quiet it was that night, the scream he heard, and a black luxury SUV that was parked near the house — maybe I missed it, but had there been mention of a black SUV before? I guess it would have shown up on the cameras in the area if he that recollection was accurate?
Is the black SUV Kaylees new Range Rover?

According to this Fox report below the personnel changes in this case.

Moscow PD - From 4 Detectives, 24 Patrol & 5 Support to 6 Detectives & 5 Support.

FBI - From 20 Agents & 2 from Behavior Analysis Unit to 46 Agents & 2 from Behavior Analysis Unit.

Idaho State Police - From 20 Agents to 13 Agents.

Seems like a pretty hefty increase for the Feds. So what do we take from this? Is it possible that this is possibly turning into Federal case? Maybe the killer crossed state lines?

My thought is that is reflective of the type of work currently required (analysis and evaluation of data, identifying patterns and connections, comparison of data that day to existing patterns, identification of "outliers", enhancing and viewing surveillance, etc).

I know of someone on another site I am on (not crime related) who is in her 60's and lives alone. She fainted in her laundry room and her Apple Watch detected this and alerted 911...EMT's were sent to her house based on her Apple Watch alert and they found her on the floor.... It is amazing what modern technology can do....
I think the only thing with watches, is they have to be charged. Did the victims own watches or are we surmising?

When do you charge your watch?

Reference body cam footage, today police released a statement saying that the body cam footage is not relevant to the murder case. We do not know where/how they identified the Hyundai.
All Moscow Police correspondence to the public can be found on page 1 of this thread. A short interview with the chief from today can be found a page or two back from your post.
there's pics of a cam from next door so hoping it caught something

This article here, and this one here, identify the Hyundai and Kia cars with the exploit that makes them especially vulnerable to theft as those produced from 2015-2019... so it's unlikely that the VOI, if stolen, is included in this batch.

EDIT: What I mean is that it wouldn't be as easy for let's say, a college student without major automotive experience, to watch a Tiktok and learn how to steal a car...

I find it interesting that he said “individuals” in the car. If multiple people were involved typically one would crack by now unless they are all gangbangers.
And then he says "they". It's one of the most profound things I've read about the investigation so far. It doesn't mean there was more than one killer, but s/he might not be in this alone.

I think the only thing with watches, is they have to be charged. Did the victims own watches or are we surmising?

When do you charge your watch?
I intentionally wear my watch to bed because it tracks my sleep, my heart rate AND acts as an emergency SOS if needed. I charge it during the day or evening at a downtime— usually if im at the computer. It’s a fairly quick charge, 30-40 minutes.

MOO regarding “targets”

I have seen so many posts about K being in town for only that weekend and how that makes people feel that she could have possibly been the one targeted.

Now, I have NO IDEA if this was a targeted attack toward one individual or not, but to me, the amount of perfect timing, planning, stalking, knowledge (for lack of a better word), that it would take to single out K at that house, at that time, would indicate to me that she is NOT the target. Neither is E , as neither of them were current residents of the house.

M and X (and surviving roommates) were the only steady figures that resided at the King st. House

I think that might've been just for Idaho.

Don't have reference for source
Idaho has a very low per capita murder rate in US rankings, especially low outside of tribal lands
For entire US I believe homicide clearance rates, are now between 60% to 50%. Clearance rates are convictions plus "exceptions" ie resolution of any kind, conviction, being found non guilty on a technicality, being a prisoner in another state, suspect being dead , pleas that involve plea deals to other crimes such non intentional homicide in intentional homicide cases etc) have been falling for 50 years.

The question I have is what was the order of the murders? Unless all 4 of them were the target, which is possible, then I think which ever couple of students was killed first was probably NOT the target. Why target more people than you have to unless you dislike them all?

Based on what I have read, Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen were up late calling a boyfriend or ex-boyfriend. This may have meant that their light was ON longer than Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin, but you would have to look at the exterior of the house at night and also try to determine by each group's movements within the home whether or not one couple turned OFF the light and went to bed earlier than the other couple. It does not prove anything, but it could help explain the killer's movements within the home and come closer to understanding the truth about what happened that night.
At first, I thought why wouldn't the perp just call something in further away from the crime? But actually, it makes sense because the responding officer to the disorderly would likely be the nearest officer that would be driving around patrolling the area and most likely to drive by the house.

They could have even listened to the police scanner and began their attack after hearing that someone was responding to the scene. The perp may not have considered the police body cam footage could see them from over there considering how oddly the house is situated. MOO.

Completely anecdotal, but I knew someone in college who was the kind of person who had "concerning behavior" and eventually goes on to commit a crime. He was a rural hunter, had many of the exact knives that LE believe were used in this crime. He had hung around a group of my friends for a time. He always listened to the police scanner and would even sometimes go drive over and watch what was happening. I found it very odd and creepy. Just creepy vibes. And he did end up in prison for murder. <modsnip - stereotype> Just an observation on a potential profile.
Interesting. In my city they just stopped LE’s communication on the scanner bc criminals were listening to it while they were doing their crimes. So those of us who enjoyed listening and reading the scanner in our local area on FB lost out knowing about the crimes happening a few doors down.

I am wondering if the Hyundai is actually related to the two roommates with unaccounted for time after frat party...maybe this was the car they got a ride in? I don't think any description of the vehicle they got a ride in was ever released.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member