ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can be arrested in Idaho for public intoxication. Maybe cops are turning a blind eye and making no arrests for this misdemeanor? I imagine if they arrested every drunk kid they came across in Moscow, the county jail would be at capacity every night!
No - we’ve had this discussion before. In Idaho, it’s not illegal to be drunk in public if you’re not in the road.

Section 49-1426 – Idaho State Legislature

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

The attacker may have defensive wounds. Ethan may have DNA of the attacker on his body and surroundings. imoo

Moscow has not had a homocide since 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
Never given it much thought, but it’s crossed my mind. The killer could very well be from the hometown of one of the victims. I’ve always found it odd KG is brutally murdered on this specific weekend when she’s come back for a so called “last weekend” with her roommates. I did the same thing. I went back after graduating to hangout with my friends a few more times before the “party” was over as they say.
The killer could very well be from the hometown of one of the surviving roommates too.

The man, Mr. Harsh, in the Statesman article talks about how quiet it was that night, the scream he heard, and a black luxury SUV that was parked near the house — maybe I missed it, but had there been mention of a black SUV before? I guess it would have shown up on the cameras in the area if he that recollection was accurate?

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
as far as *URBAN* definition. It's a small city...definitely not a small town or village.

Moscow, Idaho - Wikipedia

Moscow is a city in northern Idaho along the state border with Washington, with a population of 25,435 at the 2020 census. The county seat and largest city of Latah County,[4] Moscow is the home of the University of Idaho, the state's land-grant institution and primary research university.
Nope. We don’t fit the urban area definition.
https://www2.census.gov/geo/pdfs/reference/GARM/Ch12GARM.pdf

My apple watch is remarkably accurate at detecting when I'm asleep.
I know of someone on another site I am on (not crime related) who is in her 60's and lives alone. She fainted in her laundry room and her Apple Watch detected this and alerted 911...EMT's were sent to her house based on her Apple Watch alert and they found her on the floor.... It is amazing what modern technology can do....

The man, Mr. Harsh, in the Statesman article talks about how quiet it was that night, the scream he heard, and a black luxury SUV that was parked near the house — maybe I missed it, but had there been mention of a black SUV before? I guess it would have shown up on the cameras in the area if he that recollection was accurate?
I’m guessing it was KG’s Range Rover. If she was back for the weekend with a new car the neighbors wouldn’t have seen it before.

Great article, thank you for posting! Two of the people interviewed talked about how the murder house was a big party house, which we’ve heard before but what was interesting is how they both noticed that particular Sat/Sun was quiet:

Anna actually awoke at about 2 a.m. that Sunday, Nov. 13, she said, when Spot, the couple’s 7-year-old Alaskan husky mix, began heaving. That’s when she noticed the rare calm of the neighborhood, Anna said. But she couldn’t get back to sleep, so she played a computer game until what she estimated was about 5 a.m. She toggled between taking her headphones on and off “just to enjoy the quiet,” Anna said.”

“That Sunday, however, the typical weekend crowd of 15 to 20 people in the home’s backyard, sometimes with a fire pit alight, wasn’t there, he said. “It was kind of bizarre,” Harsh told the Statesman in an interview, staring at the now-vacant home. “There was not a lot of activity.””

That could just be because it was an action packed Saturday with the football game. But it seems that 3am on other weekends would’ve been prime partying time at this house. Did the killer know there wasn’t going to be partying going on & took advantage of the calm? Who would know this?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member