ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecutors can visit crime scenes for multiple reasons, but it’s almost always a while after the crime has been committed and not when it’s fresh (as is the case here).

The prosecutor’s presence COULD mean charges are forthcoming, but not necessarily. The prosecutor most often visits a crime scene in preparation for eventual charges and a trial in order to get an up close and personal feeling and memory of the crime scene itself (as opposed to just relying on photos). Also, sometimes when investigators find something useful or perhaps incriminating at a crime scene, the prosecutor will visit to help determine just how useful or convincing that piece of evidence would be to convict someone. Maybe it’s the width of a door, or the scratch marks down a wall, or something of that nature that points towards the size of a possible suspect or just the proof of their presence at the scene. Kind of “we found this… can you use it and will it hold up in court?” kind of thing.

It may or may not be the development we’re all hoping for, but it’s definitely not a bad thing.
Just to add, Dan May, who was the DA in Colorado Springs at the time of Gannon Stauch’s murder visited the crime at least once.

I remember when he arrived and we all thought something big was up.

It definitely was.

MOO

Lorena Bobbitt was quite slight compared to her Marine husnband, but he was no match for her carving knife. My grandmother used to have a saying - A short pencil makes a long memory. A big knife makes a strong woman.
IMO it's not really comparable.

One slight woman, yes, but one whose presence in the home is to be expected, of course.
And, unless he had some extraordinary kind of penis, she just needed one good whack since there is no bone to saw through.

And one unsuspecting victim is far removed, IMO than four victims. That takes time, energy, work, and timing. Particularly since it wasn't a quick slice of one organ and done.

Jmo

So the sister says she tracked down the girls' uber driver and spoke to them. The police say they got home via "private party" and Uber says they have no record of the girls using their service that night.

The most likely answer is that they used another ride-sharing service and by private party the police just mean not via foot or public transportation. The sister may have said "Uber" since some people use Uber and ride-share as synonymous, even though they technically are not. Could have been Lyft or some other company.

If they didn't use a ride-share then I'm not sure who the sister spoke to.
did they possibly know some one who drives for Uber and that person drove them home "without charge" or without the app? They were texting the whole time they were waiting for food on the video- and they ran when a car arrived- it seemed anyway. IMO

In this article, it says the surviving roommates “declined” to call 911. Is there significance to the use of the word declined here? Does this mean they were home and aware and did not call, or was this persons statement misquoted?

That bothered me, too. I asked about it days ago. What could decling mean, I asked.. chose not too is what declined usually means in people speak. Did they hear something and were afraid to leave their rooms and asked a friend to go by who then reported seeing someone? And how would that be if the victims were purportedly in their bedrooms?

I am beyond tired of the amateurish style of communication. I can’t imagine how hard this aftermath is for the families. They must be bombarded for requests for information in the absence of clarity of LE. MOO

There was an interview with the prosecutor a couple of days ago (or maybe one day ago in the US, the 18th. It is now the 20th in Aus.)

"Latah County prosecuting attorney Bill Thompson addresses the status of the police investigation into the University of Idaho murder case. He says the suspect is still at large, asserts that the crime was likely a targeted attack and explains that while police know who made the 911 call they are still trying to figure out why there was such a delay in contacting authorities."

Oh, my. What is the population of this county?

Thrill killing?

Well first thing when i get up i go to the kitchen and make a cup of coffee!
Second, do both these girls have a tether attached? I mean if one doesnt drink coffee maybe the other does but for them both to get up and just wander off without entering the kitchen for a drink or water ? I dont know, in my opinion that just sounds strange. And firstly was believing they were on third floor and had to walk through crime area to leave. But still if on first floor i would think they would go up to main floor (imo) either way this is a terrible crime and hoping that LE can find whoever did this so they can never do it again!
At least two of the girls were killed in their rooms.

Well first thing when i get up i go to the kitchen and make a cup of coffee!
Second, do both these girls have a tether attached? I mean if one doesnt drink coffee maybe the other does but for them both to get up and just wander off without entering the kitchen for a drink or water ? I dont know, in my opinion that just sounds strange. And firstly was believing they were on third floor and had to walk through crime area to leave. But still if on first floor i would think they would go up to main floor (imo) either way this is a terrible crime and hoping that LE can find whoever did this so they can never do it again!
I think a lot of Gen Z kids will roll out of bed and go to the car to get their coffee at starbucks, etc.

They are definitely taking photos of tire tracks. You don’t do that unless you have at least some assumption that either the journey home is relevant or a vehicle that was in the vicinity of the crime scene is relevant.

And wild speculation, tire skid marks are not consistent with a well planned, organised and confident killer.
Could be a very angry driver tho...and/or could have sped out of there after...

And finally the transport home. I’m convinced they will know far more about it. It’s nigh on impossible these days in an urban area to travel any distance without being caught on multiple cameras. Can the car be traced, was it stolen etc…. Did they females involved have a history of accepting lifts from strangers. Was it coincidence they seeming left the food truck and entered someone’s car so quickly - not typical if a stranger where usually someone needs to build trust. And key - Why hasn’t the person who gave them a lift, friend or otherwise, come forward to the best of public knowledge. They certainly can’t have failed to see the publicity. Is there a reason they don’t want to acknowledge having them in their car that night.

Solve the car journey back and for me you solve the crime.
I'm not so sure. They were home at least an hour. That's a long time for a killer to wait.

This is only a guess but I suspect there is a regular queue of enterprising student driven "gypsy cabs" lined up by the food trucks when the bars close that give students rides home for a few bucks.

The university I worked at a few years ago had a ride service at night that would give students safe ride home around the university. I have no idea if something like this exists in Moscow.

Someone with skills go calculate that wheelbase! Identify those tires!

Did nobody wonder about these before now?
I'm pretty sure Back two wheel drive vehicle, front engine, light in the back, and I'm fairly sure not heavy tread tires.

Very small possibility front wheel drive vehicle backing out at high speed (less likely)

One tire (left side) was in the broken up part of the asphalt, so when the vehicle accelerated it slid to the left (stage left) leaving the swoosh on the right before the tires grabbed solid and sped out.

Last edited:
My thoughts / speculation on the “uber” ride home, from most to least likely:

1. (By far the most likely) The girls took a Lyft (used ’uber’ as a general term, even to the sister. Uber has confirmed no official ride via their service)
2. The girls planned to take a ride-share, but instead saw a friend/acquaintance at the Grub truck and rode with them. Quite easy in fact to misremember ‘we took an uber’ when intoxicated when in fact they planned to Uber but instead rode with ‘Jane from class’ / ‘Sam from Chi Omega’. ETA: If so, I presume LE has identified and questioned this person. IMO, it would be typical for LE not to release their identity.
3. The girls rode with an ‘off-book’ Uber/Lyft driver. I’ve gone though their public Venmo accts - which both used at least on a weekly basis and no evidence of this. Could be they used cash app or Zelle for this, but I’d guess less likely
4. The girls took a ride from someone they didn’t know, as part of a campus or fraternity or sorority service (e.g., when I was in both college and grad school at different institutions, both had ‘no questions asked’ safe ride services from students who would volunteer to drive you/your car home to avoid drunk driving). I give this one as a possibility just to show the range of plausible. I think this is unlikely. However, like in #2, if this is the case likely LE has identified the person but is not disclosing this info to the public

IMO, the killer was not the driver.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members