ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only big reason I think he was more random than not is because he seemingly did not know the layout of the house because IMO there would have been 6 dead instead of 4… And if he was a creep on the periphery, he would absolutely know about the other 2 female roommates.

*Unless he tried to go in their room’s downstairs and their doors were locked— even if that was the case, I would think it would have alerted the other two girls and why go to a house filled with 6 people only to kill 4 — in my mind, it’s because he probably didn’t know the other two were downstairs— and to me, that makes the odds of it being more random, than not.

It’s all really creepy.
Creepy as fudge

I can see it turning out either way. There just isn't enough information out right now to know. The way LE and the coroner have handled and released the information has been an absolute clown show IMO

There has been a lot of speculation about the survivors but I am thinking that what if the girls were followed home and they entered the sliding glass door so as to not disturb the first floor. The perp might make the mistake of not realizing anyone was there simply because he/she never went down. They went up, killed and left.

I just don't see how this is a four person targeted attack. I think someone attacked one of the pairs (the girls or bf/gf) and encountered the other pair during the infil/exfil. If unexpected encounter than that might have made the perp leave post kill rather than search the first floor.

I find the prosecutor's office at the crime scene interesting... as well as a PC scheduled. (Sorry, I'm sick and really don't make much sense).
It may just mean that the parents are understandably upset about the lack of progress. Apparently prosecutors often do this. I hope it means real progress has been made.

1. Agreed if a rifled barrel (as opposed to a smoothbore shotgun) was used but it is reasonably easy to disassemble a gun and heave the barrel into the void (and there are always voids to hide things). Pistol barrels are only 3-4 inches of metal.

2. Totally agree 100%. If the killer chose a blade then they wanted silence and they felt comfortable enough with it but they may have only had that weapon available at the moment they decided to kill.

3. I live in one of the most gun-friendly states in the union and I disagree with this statement. I don't live in Idaho but I assume they do background checks and/or waiting period. Knives don't have that hang up and you can order them on the internet with a click. I would suspect that most males in more rural areas carry a fixed blade in their car/truck or a tire iron or something. I have four boys all 20-30 and they all have carried and do carry a knife. Using a knife to kill four people is no small feat though suggesting intense anger or aggression. Pulling a trigger takes 3 lbs to kill - stabbing is a very physical exertion and killing four with multiple stab wounds.

4. Agreed - highly unlikely to be multiple killers.

5. I think you are onto something here. This is maybe someone who was a ticking bomb one of the victims set off. The police I believe stated no assault but that isn't to say there isn't semen or other bodily fluids (or bite marks Mr Bundy).

I agree it’s definitely not as simple as buying a knife, but, if you really want a gun, there are definitely ways to get one. Maybe they knew they’d be subjected to a wide-cast net if they bought one recently, maybe their family would notice one was missing or they had unique guns that people could tie to them, or maybe they really wanted to use a knife because it’s an entirely different act vs killing someone with a gun.

This person really does give me the creeps because of the sheer brutality. I also think he was lurking and waited for them to go to sleep so it would be “easier” to accomplish.

It just really takes a strong constitution and a lot of stamina to murder 4 people like that. It’s a different kind of killer.

I find the prosecutor's office at the crime scene interesting... as well as a PC scheduled. (Sorry, I'm sick and really don't make much sense).
Me too, as coupled with the increased law enforcement activity at the house today, it seems like things are progressing. Hopefully we get a leak in regards to what is going on.

Jumping in and out so this may have been discussed, but what is the status of the victim’s dog? I’ve read they let the dog out when they got home. Was the dog let back in? Is there any evidence the dog mentioned above that was picked up by animal control belongs to the victims or was it a random, unrelated dog? Is the dog missing, was it found running loose, in a fenced backyard, chained outside or was it in the house when police arrived? Was it injured?

There’s been a lot if speculation that the dog would have barked/attacked had it been in the house. But this was a typical college house where lots of visitors come and go, and parties/music/noise was common. Most likely a dog in a house like that is used to strangers and noise and probably quite friendly. It’s entirely possible the intruder was able to easily lead the dog to a different part the house (assuming it wasn’t already on the lower floor) and carry on. To me it doesn’t necessarily mean the dog was drugged or knew the killer.

Do we know the dog’s breed?
golden doodle- obtained this spring so < 1 yr old. Now with ex with whom it was purchased. I think most dogs would bark at a stranger IMO.

It may just mean that the parents are understandably upset about the lack of progress. Apparently prosecutors often do this. I hope it means real progress has been made.

I didn't realize prosecutors often did this in an effort to appease or strengthen an investigation. Thanks for the info.

Creepy as fudge

I can see it turning out either way. There just isn't enough information out right now to know. The way LE and the coroner have handled and released the information has been an absolute clown show IMO
A complete dumpster fire. I think they were totally in over their heads (no offense to them because these crimes don’t happen very often) and since we have half of the FBI there and their behavioral unit (which is also another sign it’s not a clear case) — things will hopefully be tightening up a bit.

My other theory about why they didn’t think there was a danger at first was because they thought, in my opinion, it was probably a murder-suicide. And then they never found the weapon. And then they realized everyone was killed the same way. And then, by that time they were really late to the investigation.

What does the presence of a prosecutor signal?

I’m no expert on this but if a prosector has been assigned and is touring the crime scene does that not insinuate that charges are at least potentially imminent?

Might be jumping the gun but what is he looking at if no potential that someone is on the verge of being prosecuted?

I think the average psycho-killer woman, pumped with adrenalin would still have had some problems with EC just because he was tall, IMO and he would have had a better chance of evading the blade, IMO
Lorena Bobbitt was quite slight compared to her Marine husnband, but he was no match for her carving knife. My grandmother used to have a saying - A short pencil makes a long memory. A big knife makes a strong woman.

I just want to point out that one doesn't have to be active duty or a veteran to own a Ka-bar and definitely not to own Ka-bar styles. Our home is filled with weapon aficionados & collectors. We have every style of knife, sword/katana, throwing stars -- you name it. If someone were to come in, and didn't know my sons, they'd likely think we were running our own little militia group (we aren't). lol. Most collectors respect weapons instead of using them to slaughter other living beings. (Just jumping off your post, RANCH).
I concur. My husband has one and takes it when he goes camping.

I don't think we know enough to be able to tell to what extent this murder was planned.
I think we do. Highly likely it isn't a serial killer. Some speculate it could be, and there could be, a sexual component, but it has been reported the women weren't sexually assaulted, so I think you can infer it is likely not a serial killer. All the victims were killed efficiently with a knife. This takes quite a lot of skill to kill four people with a knife. There is also the component of subterfuge, using a knife instead of a gun. This also has the characteristic of sending a message of brutality. It was planned. The killer waited for all the victims to return or followed the two girls home. It was also a Saturday night, so he knew they might not be discovered right away. It might not be, but it just seems to have those characteristics.

this differing info is puzzling to me and it makes me think of the fake Josephson ride share who killed her... after which Uber and Lift changed their software and added security features.

Lorena Bobbitt was quite slight compared to her Marine husnband, but he was no match for her carving knife. My grandmother used to have a saying - A short pencil makes a long memory. A big knife makes a strong woman.
Maybe, but not against 4 people.

That in and of itself takes an incredible amount of strength and stamina. Going through ribs and breastplates while fighting the victim off would be a feat in any circumstance, much less doing it 4 different times.

If it’s a female perp, I’ll gladly eat my shoe. And no disrespect meant, it’s just almost physically impossible unless they were all somehow drugged to oblivion or something.

What does the presence of a prosecutor signal?

I’m no expert on this but if a prosector has been assigned and is touring the crime scene does that not insinuate that charges are at least potentially imminent?

Might be jumping the gun but what is he looking at if no potential that someone is on the verge of being prosecuted?
Limited sample size, but I've seen it when charges are imminent, and I've seen it early on in an investigation, when law enforcement has a good idea who is responsible. Here though, it may simply mean that law enforcement is about done with processing the house, and the prosecutor wants to get an understanding of the crime scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
banana0990