ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following this because I lived in in the Moscow/Pullman and Lewiston regions for a couple summers. It will be very interesting once the media gets the FOIA on the 911 call. Unless it gets blocked somehow. The University officials are going to want to do damage control as to not affecg univeristy reputation. But its too late - the best thing is to be as transparent aa they can be (per investigation) in order to bring this monster to justice and give people a sense of peace back
Hopelessly behind but will say that my understanding is that 911 call is part of the active investigation & thus exempt from Idaho Public Records law:

Some of this speculation about stalkers and strangers defies logic. Why would a stalker or stranger kill all 4?

This killer could have stopped at 1-2 (depending on which room he went to first)/ or 3. But he killed all 4. Why? He wanted all 4 dead. That is the "targeting" the cops are talking about. Maybe he wanted #5 and #6, and his internal alarm went off and he decided to forgo them and get out, deed done.
We don't know what evidence they have, but I believe for him to have killed all 4 and not woken the roommates (or the neighborhood for that matter) this had to be well organized at well planned.
He watched from the woods (hence the second pass by cops). Saw them come home. Lights on, lights off. Saw next group come home. Maybe dog was taken out. Lights on, lights off. House goes quiet, dark. Waits a bit. They're passed out, time to attack.
He is someone who had a vendetta against all 4 victims. He is known to them. He knows them. He knows they are partiers.
He's been in the house before and knows the layout. He knew how to get in. Dark clothes, hood but not a hat for risk of dropping it. Gloves. Military knife.
On foot, or car left at another location.
Purely MOO.

yep! and if you look at google maps, picture was taken in oct 2021, the car looks the exact same as the one that was there during the crime. i tried to attach a screenshot but it isn't letting me. sorry.
It’s ok, I actually had been in a semi-related convo a while back and ended up posting a screenshot from Maps so I know which car you’re talking about. It was probably only 24 hours ago but it may as well have been a year, because it’s buried.

I'm brand new here, but (of course) have been convinced I could solve cold cases for years. Have I? No.

All of this is strictly MOO profile:

That said, I'm very interested in the two apartment buildings that are next door to the house. There appears to be a narrow path between them and very little area that you would be out in the open if you were coming from the apartments and headed towards the house.

Assuming they are student housing and they are close enough to be in range of the noise coming from a "party house" I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that someone in one of those buildings had had enough of the noise, in particular at this time of year where kids are getting ready to prepare for finals. I'd be looking at graduate level students living in that building, possibly first year graduate level, based on my own experience watching friends absolutely crack under the pressure of first year law.
IMO these areas could have been used as entrance/exit routes. It is very possible that your scenario is spot on ( see recent Purdue University murder). In this case with the reality of the brutality of the murder I dont see that being a motive. IMO etc

MOSCOW, Idaho — TikTok videos have emerged of murdered University of Idaho student Kaylee Goncalves with her adorable dog Murphy, who now appears to be in the custody of her on/off-boyfriend J.

An exclusive photo obtained by The Post shows a person who appears to be J with a dog matching Murphy’s description leaving his parents’ house for a walk in the days following his girlfriend’s brutal murder.

(name snipped by me)

View attachment 381953
I wonder where this photo is. Says it is in Idaho. Moscow? Another community?

When I try to imagine this terrible crime in my head, I just don’t understand how one person (assuming it’s one) can stab 4 people without others in the house not being alerted. I would assume there would be a lot of yelling or screaming? If M and her boyfriend were sleeping in the same room and one is stabbed, how is the other not awakened and screaming/fighting back/running for the door? Wouldn’t it be hard to subdue 2 people by yourself especially if one is male? And then no one else in the house hears anything while he’s attacking his first victims? I just can’t figure this out.

A list of possible Motives yields a list of possible suspects but you cannot create a list of motives until you get an understanding of the household its, dynamics and the occupiants.
Because LE is not releasing enough details to paint a picture we have to use the fact that are given, make applied assumptions and layout the foundation.

We know that there are 6 people 3 floors. The first floor has 2 occupants that were unharmed. There were a couple Ethan and Zana. The would imply that they shared a room. Leaving the other 2 Madison and Kaylee sharing a room. Who was on what floor remains an unknown.

Being on different floors could account for the first attack being muted from the other occupants.

The Attack Scene

Each attack scene (room) has 2 people. How does one person control 2 individuals alone. This brings the
question of a single or multiple attackers.

The Attack Sequence

What was the attack sequence? who was attacked first? Knowledge of where and who to attack first may
reveal prior knowledge in who slept where and with who?

Locked Doors or not?

What was the routine? Were the bedroom doors locked of not? If the 2 survivors routinely locked their door
this could have saved them as a commotion could alert the others.

Motive

One potential motive is from the "Party House" aspect. The noise can be a contributing factor. A neighborhood
dispute over noise can provide a motive as well as attribute to no leads or video traces. The close proximity to the
house would avoid surrounding surveillance cameras.

Its just a guessing game until more data is given.

Inobu

I hand't thought about the exit trail. Seams to be no way in that there wasn't an exit trail in the bloody mess. Either footprints of victims blood or something. Even if there was a hasmat suit, there would have been tracks or an obvious spot where it was removed.
He changed out inside, somehow. IMO
Meticulous one, this deranged predator.

I'm brand new here, but (of course) have been convinced I could solve cold cases for years. Have I? No.

That said, I'm very interested in the two apartment buildings that are next door to the house. There appears to be a narrow path between them and very little area that you would be out in the open if you were coming from the apartments and headed towards the house.

Assuming they are student housing and they are close enough to be in range of the noise coming from a "party house" I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that someone in one of those buildings had had enough of the noise, in particular at this time of year where kids are getting ready to prepare for finals. I'd be looking at graduate level students living in that building, possibly first year graduate level, based on my own experience watching friends absolutely crack under the pressure of first year law.

Yeah count me in as one that is honed in on surrounding apartment buildings. Somebody living in a studio or 1br apartment. Probably goes for walks or is some kind of voyeur that has come across the murder house. He notices the residents at the house and becomes fixated. I'm thinking this guy is actually a first year or second year college student and is not doing well in his classes. His grades are suffering and this is on top of all the deranged psychosocial issues that he's dealing with.

If it wasn't for the thanksgiving break, he'd be prowling in the night around that area, possibly walking by the murder house while all the cops are gone. That's why if i'm LE, I put a patrol of detectives on the street in the early morning hours to see if they can spot anybody suspicious. I'd also have an unmarked squad car near the murder house to see if anybody walks by in the early morning hours. I'd keep at this until well after the students come back from the holiday break. I would suspect if this guy was a thrill killer and not some crime of passion mass killer, he'd be interested in that house well after the crimes.

Hey guys,

I have some information to share with you guys that I think is pretty interesting. So in another forum that is discussing this topic, there is a person who runs data for retail foot traffic for different businesses. He explained to us that he can identify pings from one location to another. But there has to be a point A to point B, and on of the points has to be a business.

Turns out, since the start of June, there have been 60 pings from the residence, to a dentist office close by. Not only that, but these pings registered during late hours. Weird right? Using further research, it seems none of the roommates worked at this office. Reason we can assume this is there have been 165 days from June 1 til November 13. That is 23 weeks, and 115 “work days” (Mon- Fr). 115 isn’t close to 60, it’s almost double.

Obviously we talk facts here but I think one can theorize that potentially this dental office was being used as a parking lot of sorts. Could this individual have been walking to and from stalking this house?? Idk the answer to that. But I think it’s interesting.
isn't the range for pings pretty large? i don't think they'd be able to pinpoint it within a like... 3ft radius.

Agree, so why not just say "no" like he did to the bound/gagged rumor?
What if the crime scene had blood/other things on walls (maybe put slight hole through wall), could explain why there is possibly blood coming down through insulation to foundation below 2nd floor. But it wasn’t a “note” per se? Would also explain why the repeatedly/consistently say gruesome, messy, bloody scene. And also maybe why they’re convinced it’s targeted?

Thinking the same. My hope is that the FBI has much more and has not done any public commentary. Local LE seams to have nothing. This feels like a case that won't be quickly solved until the wheels come off the perp. No-one that kills 4 people will be able to function normally and stay hidden - they are too damaged.
I just don't agree that someone who commits a crime this horrific can not blend back into society. I choose Ed Kemper as one of many examples. They are in fact damaged. They are just getting smarter. Thankfully LE is smarter also. mmo jmo yrmv

Interestingly this video was posted yesterday of X's cousin going door to door at those same apartments (500 Queen St)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimmyVoodoo123