ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted it above. But here is the link again.

Update 11:50 - Moscow Police have been working with the family about this incident to provide clarity. The father of the family provided this statement to share with our Moscow community:

"In this Thanksgiving season, the family thanks God for protecting the girls, the neighbors for how quickly they came out to assist the girls in their distress, and the Moscow Police Department for a quick and professional response last night. We appreciate their desire to help provide clarification."

PRESS RELEASE

Monday evening Blaine Street Incident Update

November 22, 2022 - 11:00 A.M.

Just before 5:15 p.m. last night, 911 received a call reporting suspicious activity in the 600 block of Blaine St. A female caller informed the dispatcher that she saw a male in the front passenger seat of her vehicle when she opened the car door. The female, who was with her sister, slammed the car door and ran screaming from the car and called 911.

Multiple neighbors heard the girls screaming and came to assist. They checked the area but did not find anyone. The neighbors told responding officers that they had not seen anyone in or exit the vehicle. A passerby informed the sisters of seeing a male chasing them and left before speaking with officers. They were unable to confirm these details, and the officer was unaware of this information during the time of the call.

Police checked the area. Officers contacted a male matching the description but learned he and a friend had just returned from a restaurant and the male approached the sisters to help. The male withdrew and waited to talk with officers when accused of being involved.

Based on their knowledge at the time, officers closed the incident as unfounded. This term is used to close an incident that cannot be initially substantiated. However, if additional information is obtained, the incident can be reopened.

Online reports created immediate speculation that implied there was a link to this incident with the ongoing homicide investigation. We urge residents to remain alert and vigilant. Additionally, we remind the public (& media) that investigative releases of information will be through official channels.
###

Because there is a blog/sm page out there that is providing some alternate information and imo stirring the pot.

After a week +, I’m not sure what to think here. Have a few ideas, but remaining completely open-minded. The party house assertion, bars, relationships, etc…lots to consider. I will say, I am regularly stunned at the amount and type of content that people (particularly younger people) post to the internet for the entire world to see. Words, pics, videos. Unbelievable.
Precisely. A stalker doesn't even have to leave his recliner and I-pad until he's ready to go out and do the deed.

I too have had a tough time squaring the gruesome scene with seeing simply an unconscious body. Ultimately this has led me to the opinion that the girls on the third floor were the targets and first attacked (they may have been sleeping in the same room and thus only one of them was the target as such). The victims on the second floor were awoken by noise and maybe Ethan went out to investigate. This also tallies, in my view, with Xana having defensive wounds. If the perp had already killed their initial target they were probably more likely to be looking to get out quickly, hence the scene on the second floor not being as gruesome and therefore not immediately recognisable as such to the surviving roommates.

MOO.

This actually makes sense to me. The 3rd floor victims were the intended target(s)....leading to a horrific rage filled scene. E and X woke up and having been encountered on the way out and killed less savagely perhaps. It was just messing with my mind...thanks.

Precisely. A stalker doesn't even have to leave his recliner and I-pad until he's ready to go out and do the deed.
I think someone mentioned that the perp may have parked far away and walked in/out. Seems likely, but also seems like even on foot (based on aerial footage of the area), there would be something seen on cameras. Maybe it hasn't been released to public yet, but will be? So people can help ID? Or the person was intimately acquainted/avoided videos in area (i.e. scoped that out ahead of time to avoid them). So could be stalker-type, or local, IMO.

I believed and still believe that this was an organized crime. Your comment about this added a whole new layer to me. I have been walking the line of an organized killer.
Your post popped to my mind the dog may have been lured out and left to go.

None of that is likely, yet it opened up a corroborating sequence.
Yes, highly likely this was planned. It had to be someone comfortable killing with a knife. I would have difficulty killing someone with a knife defending myself. I've thought about it a lot because I have several and wondered if I could use them for defense. I could, but it wouldn't be easy. And, for a person to methodically go one by one through a house, killing four young people like this. Who could detach themselves? A psychopath, comfortable using a knife, probably killed before with a knife- either animals or humans, a hunter, a soldier, a felon, a butcher, etc. White male, probably older than his victims, powerful, familiar, a chameleon, furtive, secretive, discovered. Could it be the killer wanted to silence someone?

Who knows, but I think these murders likely went down quickly. I mean Ted Bundy was only in the Chi Omega house maybe 15 minutes, and that had a sexual aspect to it. Without the sexual aspect, robbery, etc., I think this killer in Moscow was in and out. Point was just kill them. But why? Was it really personal? Or was it just a thrill kill?

My gut has been leaning towards Maddie/Kaylee being the target(s), but like many have mentioned, this gut feeling may largely stem from the fact that we have more info/have discussed the two more heavily. We know the timeline of M&K's night better than we know the timeline of X&E's. Maybe there's a reason we know so little about X&E's night prior to arriving home.

To build onto that thought, maybe there's a reason E is thought to have been found in a different place than the others. Obviously, this is pure speculation, and I don't know that I actually think this is the case myself, but perhaps the girls were "quicker" kills. I hate saying it like that, but maybe the final, resting location of each plays a little into the idea that someone was targeted.

All that said... I don't think this theory aligns with what we know about the 911 calls or with some of the things mentioned by Ethan's parents.

Regardless, I still think we have lots of people thinking M&K = most likely target(s) due to more info being known about their nights. And, we have found little things here and there to back up that theory, but I bet we could find little things here and there to back up Ethan being the target, too. Do we have any info at all about the Sigma Chi party?

I've worked 36 hours straight, and who knows if this post will make sense. I sure hope we get something from the PC tomorrow. And I hope they're ready to use that time wisely to get into the killer's head just a lil'.

I think someone mentioned that the perp may have parked far away and walked in/out. Seems likely, but also seems like even on foot (based on aerial footage of the area), there would be something seen on cameras. Maybe it hasn't been released to public yet, but will be? So people can help ID? Or the person was intimately acquainted/avoided videos in area (i.e. scoped that out ahead of time to avoid them). So could be stalker-type, or local, IMO.

Looks like mostly rentals. Not many landlords put camera on rentals. Privacy issues, who owns the camera etc.

My gut feeling says there is no way you just see an unconscious body in what LE calls a "very gruesome scene".

The 911 stuff is just too strange to me.

I really feel like LE know a lot more and are just going through the motions. Hopefully we'll know more soon!

MOO

Regarding suspects ... I understand that the white hoodie guy in the food truck video was cleared. What about the guy one of the girls hugs? And the larger guy with him who you can only see from the back? Then there's the older? man in the camo jacket behind them seemingly texting. Why haven't we heard anything about them being cleared? Or have we? This link shows the footage: Police seek ‘Rambo’-style knife in probe of Idaho student murders: report
That guy in the plaid jacket who moves up behind them looks like he’s taking a picture/video of her butt

My gut has been leaning towards Maddie/Kaylee being the target(s), but like many have mentioned, this gut feeling may largely stem from the fact that we have more info/have discussed the two more heavily. We know the timeline of M&K's night better than we know the timeline of X&E's. Maybe there's a reason we know so little about X&E's night prior to arriving home.

To build onto that thought, maybe there's a reason E is thought to have been found in a different place than the others. Obviously, this is pure speculation, and I don't know that I actually think this is the case myself, but perhaps the girls were "quicker" kills. I hate saying it like that, but maybe the final, resting location of each plays a little into the idea that someone was targeted.

All that said... I don't think this theory aligns with what we know about the 911 calls or with some of the things mentioned by Ethan's parents.

Regardless, I still think we have lots of people thinking M&K = most likely target(s) due to more info being known about their nights. And, we have found little things here and there to back up that theory, but I bet we could find little things here and there to back up Ethan being the target, too.

I've worked 36 hours straight, and who knows if this post will make sense. I sure hope we get something from the PC tomorrow. And I hope they're ready to use that time wisely to get into the killer's head just a lil'.
Maybe Ethan was the target. Maybe the killer murdered the girls also because he thought Ethan might have told them something. There are myriad possibilities. Maybe it was to silence all of them. Maybe they saw something. Maybe a stash of drugs they weren't supposed to see.

What if girls let dog out when they got home and the dog ran off? That is why they called J so many times as he co-owns the dog. Girls can’t find dog so leave slider open a smidge hoping doggie comes back. Dog doesn’t come back soon but killer does come in. Dog is located later that day on-site by LE and is taken to animal services until picked up by responsible party.
If your dog is missing, you don’t go to bed.

It almost looks like the linoleum "wood" type of floor.
There's no real spaces I can see between slats.
I don't know any more. Only IMO.
Luxury vinyl plank is awesome. It fits together smoothly, looks like wood, and is waterproof. It's perfect for rentals. I have commercial grade LVP in my house which is how I know this. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saky