ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is Klein's July report for those that missed it or need a refresher. The animal remains are mentioned.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/07/private-investigator-issues-lengthy-report-deorr-kunz-case/
I just caught these key phrases:
VDK-"suspect"
JMA-"suspect"
BW-"person of interest or witness"
IR-"person of interest or witness"

I've read this article a couple of times since it came out, but this stood out to me this time.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Remote camping site with a lot of unimportant coincidences...
Yeah, we have a town small enough that there isn't a place to get food 24-hours/day. A camping spot that was so special to GGP that he had to visit and was extremely secluded. A sweet baby wanders off. A dirty diaper was tied in a tree. A dog was buried with a towel that had human blood. No cell service. A couple of calls to gm before calling 911. A dead cell phone, but 3 chargers bought.
Am I making this up, or did these details actually come up at least once?

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Glad you brought up the diaper in the tree. I almost posted it, but figured I was already far enough out in the field.

I've been following this case from almost the beginning but have been away from it all the last few weeks, I get absorbed in cases, they're all I can think about and this little guy, amongst others, was just eating away at me. Now I'm back I'm more confused than ever. There seems to be a lot of new information but none of it seems to help the case one Way or another.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

I've been following this case from almost the beginning but have been away from it all the last few weeks, I get absorbed in cases, they're all I can think about and this little guy, amongst others, was just eating away at me. Now I'm back I'm more confused than ever. There seems to be a lot of new information but none of it seems to help the case one Way or another.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

I've had the same experience, repeatedly. The case captures me, but I leave when there is no progress. I come back to see all sort of new things being discussed...but, yet....no progress.

Frustrating.

Gotta hold onto hope that something (someone) will break this open.

Thank you. So the animal was buried 10 feet from the camp, wrapped in a towel that a human had bled on.

And, the assumption is that it was someone else's dog, buried before this whole incident occurred with Deorr and therefore is irrelevant? And the assumption is based either on the time the dog was in the ground (not reported) and/or because the dogs belonging to Deorr family did not die on that trip.

Do I have it right?

That is basically what I assumed. They had a cadaver hit and what they found after digging ruled it out. The bloody towel or the dog remains were the reason for the hit.

KIC seemed more focused in on a different cadaver hit where they think a body may have been temporarily placed before being moved elsewhere.

Re: Klein's last post on his FB.... do we not have any locals here who could validate / testify as to "fliers" and " planned searches" by the family ? Where are you locals? Please join in , you are much more than welcome. TIA

Re: Klein's last post on his FB.... do we not have any locals here who could validate / testify as to "fliers" and " planned searches" by the family ? Where are you locals? Please join in , you are much more than welcome. TIA

it would be great to hear locals' opinions on everything!

I'm local- I live about an hour SE of Idaho Falls. I frequent Ammon/IF about twice a week for work & am in couple local mom groups. I haven't heard anything about searches or seen fliers. It's possible I have missed them, but I'd be surprised if I had. At this point it would be like overlooking a picture of my own child on a flier. No one is searching. I think the family members who have not accepted what everyone knows (TBC) are grasping at straws.

I'm local- I live about an hour SE of Idaho Falls. I frequent Ammon/IF about twice a week for work & am in couple local mom groups. I haven't heard anything about searches or seen fliers. It's possible I have missed them, but I'd be surprised if I had. At this point it would be like overlooking a picture of my own child on a flier. No one is searching. I think the family members who have not accepted what everyone knows (TBC) are grasping at straws.

Thank you, Beezneez. And I don't doubt that you're right, there may be a few who are naively grasping at straws. But I believe that most of them do know the true character of these parents that disappeared their own child, IMO. And it's not good... a few terms come to mind for people like this but I'll refrain. Jmo

rsbm

KIC seemed more focused in on a different cadaver hit where they think a body may have been temporarily placed before being moved elsewhere.

I know nothing. Only commenting on this possible assumption because I really, really doubt this has any positive structure to it.

LE/FBI would have been all over any possible site of a body being left in place. A hit by the dogs could be similar to the 'bloodied towel' and the buried pet dog.

I still believe either little Deorr never made it to the campground, or if he was there alive something happened and he was hidden quickly. I just can't see 'them' spending time thinking about it.

I truly can't write all the scenarios that go through my mind for this poor child's disappearance.

I still favour a mine shaft myself. God bless Deorr.

I know nothing. Only commenting on this possible assumption because I really, really doubt this has any positive structure to it.

LE/FBI would have been all over any possible site of a body being left in place. A hit by the dogs could be similar to the 'bloodied towel' and the buried pet dog.

I still believe either little Deorr never made it to the campground, or if he was there alive something happened and he was hidden quickly. I just can't see 'them' spending time thinking about it.

I truly can't write all the scenarios that go through my mind for this poor child's disappearance.

I still favour a mine shaft myself. God bless Deorr.

BBM. I was thinking the "holding ground" cadaver hit could possibly be where the dog that was buried had passed away (or was placed after it passed) and/or where the bloody towel happened before the grave for the dog was dug.

Glad you brought up the diaper in the tree. I almost posted it, but figured I was already far enough out in the field.

I have nothing new to add either. I had heard about the diaper "thing" many times but never got to read a link or anything about it so just basing on what I read here about it.

If the diaper was really tied to a tree it almost seems like it was "planted" to make sure someone found it to try to prove the boy was there that day.

There was at least 1 family member that hurried up to the area after getting a call from one of the parents. Its strange that during the interview the parents didn't mention about all the calls. They only mentioned just mom+dads calls to 911. There was GGP call and also the call back home which were important too and no mention of those calls.

The diaper thing is strange to me because wouldn't it be in the trash can or in the fire pit and not in a tree. What in the world was it doing in a tree unless someone wanted it found. I suppose an animal may have drug it out of the trash and hauled it up in a tree is the only other guess I can think of which is possible I suppose. Varmints like raccoons and possums and skunks tend to drag stuff out of the trash and haul it off.

Not sure if any of the original information about the diaper gave any indication of why it was in a tree. If parents claim they were drying it out then it would have to be the type that is not disposable I would think. And not sure anybody would do that with all the bugs while camping.

Its probably too much to ask if anybody can remember a link or find a link that has information about how the diaper was discovered and who discovered it.

This is one of those cases where I will never give up hope that LE will someday solve it. I just cant let it go. I wont give up on the boy that his case can be solved. There were a few other cases that I wondered if they would ever get solved and they finally did.
Morgan Harrington case and Holly Bobo case. Both of those seemed hopeless and yet answers finally came out.
Lets hope Deorr Junior gets his final say someday.

While camping you put your food, garbage, etc up in a tree away from camp so bears don't get to close to you. At least that's how I was brought up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have nothing new to add either. I had heard about the diaper "thing" many times but never got to read a link or anything about it so just basing on what I read here about it.

If the diaper was really tied to a tree it almost seems like it was "planted" to make sure someone found it to try to prove the boy was there that day.

There was at least 1 family member that hurried up to the area after getting a call from one of the parents. Its strange that during the interview the parents didn't mention about all the calls. They only mentioned just mom+dads calls to 911. There was GGP call and also the call back home which were important too and no mention of those calls.

The diaper thing is strange to me because wouldn't it be in the trash can or in the fire pit and not in a tree. What in the world was it doing in a tree unless someone wanted it found. I suppose an animal may have drug it out of the trash and hauled it up in a tree is the only other guess I can think of which is possible I suppose. Varmints like raccoons and possums and skunks tend to drag stuff out of the trash and haul it off.

Not sure if any of the original information about the diaper gave any indication of why it was in a tree. If parents claim they were drying it out then it would have to be the type that is not disposable I would think. And not sure anybody would do that with all the bugs while camping.

Its probably too much to ask if anybody can remember a link or find a link that has information about how the diaper was discovered and who discovered it.

I've camped with kids in diapers (both cloth and disposable) several times and never put them up a tree, always packed in plastic bags to be removed when we left camp.

IIRC grandma claimed to have found the diaper in the tree and asked LE (?) if it was okay that she disposed of it. I'll try to find a link when my toddler stops climbing on me.

I've camped with kids in diapers (both cloth and disposable) several times and never put them up a tree, always packed in plastic bags to be removed when we left camp.

IIRC grandma claimed to have found the diaper in the tree and asked LE (?) if it was okay that she disposed of it. I'll try to find a link when my toddler stops climbing on me.

TBC claimed on this thread in sub comments under a KG's post to have found the diaper and thrown it away in a church that was volunteering's trash. Many of her comments have now been deleted but there are still screenshots there. https://m.facebook.com/LocalNews8/posts/10153538256878872

Thanks so much. I will try to find it but I take your word for it that it is there.

So strange that LE would even allow that to be thrown away at the time. This would be a good question for the sheriff when we had a chance to ask him questions about the case. It would be interesting if he recalls this or not.
I believe Trish had the sheriff on the radio show awhile back.

Thanks so much. I will try to find it but I take your word for it that it is there.

So strange that LE would even allow that to be thrown away at the time. This would be a good question for the sheriff when we had a chance to ask him questions about the case. It would be interesting if he recalls this or not.

IIRC in the last interview Sheriff B said they were just looking for a missing child, so it wasn't initially treated as a crime scene. I'm sure he has serious regrets about that now. Also in one of the earlier interviews he said they had checked the vehicles, compartments, etc., but he seemed to question whether they might have missed something. Sorry I don't have the link, it's just something that's always nagged at me.

BBM. LE wasn't treating it like a crime scene at the time. What I find interesting is that TBC even asked for permission to throw it away. It's almost as if she was treating it like a crime scene before LE was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa