ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does that say the Stage Stop sells French fries? I couldn't find it.

Jo-jos are a sort of French fry, but cut in wedges rather than strips. If you google jojo potatoes, you'll get a bunch of recipes. They are frequently sold at convenience stores, and your clothes will smell like them all day!

I am sorry to say this but that whole exchange in the interview when dad says here is the problem about the black truck and mom says "he drives a black truck" was moronic. Millions of black trucks.. if that is a problem then there is a problem! They didnt refute the fact that their child couldnt be filthy and bawling ... why the worry about a random black truck? JMO

I think the word this woman used was "dirty" NOT filthy. It seems the word "filthy" has replaced the word dirty. Why is that?

Harry Oakes has apparently backed out of his offer to bring his K9 search team to look for Deorr. The go-fund-me account has now refunded all donations and no search will take place...

The staring man would be crazy to come forward. He will be known as a "child abductor" in the media. His life will be over. He will be a scapegoat. Stay away, stay away.

If the family wanted to use him as a witness, maybe they shouldn't have said that he made them uncomfortable. Staring man, if you are reading this, DO NOT come forward to anyone. You will be thrown under the bus, and your life wil be ruined.

That's too bad, because if I saw a toddler who was "filthy and bawling", not just dirty and crying, I might "stare", too, because I'd be concerned. Maybe the old dude was trying to figure out if the kid was being hurt and/or . . .abducted!

The other thing is this - - if Deorr was TRULY filthy, how on earth did he get so dirty when they hadn't been at the campsite all that long (if indeed the family arrived on Friday). (As I side note, I'd love to know how many and what supplies they brought . . . like maybe wipes! And once again, how many diapers . . . .)

That's too bad, because if I saw a toddler who was "filthy and bawling", not just dirty and crying, I might "stare", too, because I'd be concerned. Maybe the old dude was trying to figure out if the kid was being hurt and/or . . .abducted!

The other thing is this - - if Deorr was TRULY filthy, how on earth did he get so dirty when they hadn't been at the campsite all that long (if indeed the family arrived on Friday). (As I side note, I'd love to know how many and what supplies they brought . . . like maybe wipes! And once again, how many diapers . . . .)

I don't think the woman from Stage Stop used the word "filthy". Please go check. I think she used the word "dirty".

I don't think the woman from Stage Stop used the word "filthy". Please go check. I think she used the word "dirty".

That's what the mom said in the video that is posted a lot here. Please me know if you'd prefer for me to track it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what the mom said in the video that is posted a lot here. Please me know if you'd prefer for me to track it down.

I thought there was an article I had read. Maybe I'm mistaken. Sure wouldn't be the first time, LOL

We don't know for sure what she (the clerk) said because it's never been released. However, in the interview of the parents, JM used the words "really filthy" when explaining what the clerk said she saw. The link was posted in travelbug's post #476.

I think the word this woman used was "dirty" NOT filthy. It seems the word "filthy" has replaced the word dirty. Why is that?

It did? I thought filthy was a pretty harsh and descriptive word that might have been exaggerated by the clerk. But that's what the mom said. Was it clarified somewhere else that she actually only says dirty?

Harry Oakes has apparently backed out of his offer to bring his K9 search team to look for Deorr. The go-fund-me account has now refunded all donations and no search will take place...

Hmmm why miss an opportunity to make a few bucks? Was he scared off? Was he banned by LE? ODD! JMO

Did it not reach its goal?

I am sorry to say this but that whole exchange in the interview when dad says here is the problem about the black truck and mom says "he drives a black truck" was moronic. Millions of black trucks.. if that is a problem then there is a problem! They didnt refute the fact that their child couldnt be filthy and bawling ... why the worry about a random black truck? JMO

Precisely, those of us who have camped or been outside in the rain with our children would probably acknowledge that statement. Something like "he fell in the creek and got muddy or it was past his nap time and he was really cranky". Or, if you disagree say, "he was a little dirty from playing with his trucks but, he certainly wasn't filthy". Also, why not focus on the possibility that an abductor (with a black truck) might have been seen at 6:00 pm. That is a time that would fit quite well with the time Deorr disappeared. jmho

Hmmm why miss an opportunity to make a few bucks? Was he scared off? Was he banned by LE? ODD! JMO

No idea why - what I've seen on other sites would be considered rumor... I think perhaps he may just not want to get involved - can't say that I blame him. MOO. It's still unclear to me which direction this case is going - lost in the woods or abduction? The searching has been called off and I don't see a lot of progress in getting word out about his abduction either. I'm kind of at a loss. I hope the FBI is making progress.

Perhaps, for the sake of poor little Deorr, the FBI is now controlling the investigation. That would certainly ease my mind. It also might explain why there have been no new releases from the PI. jmho

RE: dirty or filthy as a descriptor

Mom's own words, and she didn't just say "filthy," she says "REALLY" filthy...

Transcript

Reporter: Is there any rumors that you've seen or anything you want to clear up, Jessica?

JM: I just . . . Somebody at the store, um, in Leadore, said, it was one of the ladies that had worked at the store said that they saw, um, a gentleman and a younger blonde boy matching our description of our son, really filthy, buying candy for him and he was just bawling, in a black truck. That is the only . . .
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...2-Timber-Creek-Campground-10-July-2015/page20

We don't know for sure what she (the clerk) said because it's never been released. However, in the interview of the parents, JM used the words "really filthy" when explaining what the clerk said she saw. The link was posted in travelbug's post #476.

I see. Thanks so much! Thanks also to travelbug!

Did it not reach its goal?

I don't think so but the balance is now zero after all the refunds, so I can't tell how close they got (last time I checked they were maybe a third of the way to the goal? but that was awhile ago).

It did? I thought filthy was a pretty harsh and descriptive word that might have been exaggerated by the clerk. But that's what the mom said. Was it clarified somewhere else that she actually only says dirty?

Apparently not. I'm mistaken. There was no article, just what the Mom said during the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member