ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
What feels "off" to me is that no coroner/medical examiner/forensic pathologist has yet testified about the victims autopsies or causes of death. Usually in murder trials. the prosecution has the medical experts testify right off the bat regarding the autpsies and the causes of death. But here we are two week (or is it three?) into the trial and no medical experts have yet testified. Why?
Because those kids did not bury themselves in Chad's backyard.

Summary of tweets for Monday, April 24th -

State witness: Rexburg Police Det. David Stubbs (back on stand) for direct / Part 2

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
33m
NEW THREAD: Court is back in session. Jurors have taken their seats. We are viewing a document Stubbs attached to a warrant submitted to Google that contains names, email addresses, etc. of people associated with Lori.

Stubbs says some of the email addresses were connected to "burner" phones - pay-as-you-go phones purchased at Walmart or other stores often limited in use. "It's a common phone used by people distributing illegal drugs so they can't have their number tracked."

Stubbs says Google and other tech. companies "keep a web" of everything you're using - phones, laptops, email accounts - and they are able to connect it all to the user.

Smith asks who owned the homerjmaximus account. Stubbs says it was Alex Cox and police were able to find his search history and other data tied to his account. Smith asks about the Lori4Style@icloud.com and Lollytimeforever@gmail.com - both associated to Lori.

A Gmail account belonging to Chad Daybell was also searched.

Smith introduces a USB harddrive containing Chad Daybell's internet search history. By the way, the juror who complained of feeling sick is back in her seat, as are the rest of the jurors.

Thomas objects to admitting the thumb drive after questioning Stubbs about how he knows what exactly is on the drive. Boyce overrules the objection.

Stubbs says in reviewing Chad's search history on Sept. 8, the user of the account looked up what the wind direction was going to be for the next day. Stubbs says this was significant because "that is the day Chad

Daybell had said he was going to burn limbs and killed a raccoon in his yard." The wind search said it would be south/southwest.

Smith walks up to the witness stand to insert the thumb drive into her computer so Stubbs can verify the evidence. Thomas also walks up to observe.

Next exhibit is Verizon records. There is a screen at the defense table. Lori leans in closely to look at the screen. The records show multiple phone numbers associated to Lori Vallow and Charles Vallow.

Stubbs now talking about the lollytime email account. He says on Aug. 25, 2019, the user of the account looked for malachite wedding rings and wedding rings made of malachite. The user ordered an 11.5 size ring and a 4.2 malachite ring.

The total amount was around $808. This caught Stubbs attention because Charles had died in July and Chad was still married to Tammy. "We were thinking it was odd for her to be looking at wedding rings at that time."

On Sept. 30, 2019, the user searched for "possessed" and "how to remove the rear seat of my Jeep Wrangler." The person then accessed a YouTube video about how to remove the seat from the Jeep.

In October, the user of this account looked for wedding dresses in Kauai. "What also caught my attention was this was being looked at on the same day as Tammy's funeral," Stubbs says.

Smith asks Stubbs if there were any searches for travel plans. On Oct. 9, he found a search for travel to Missouri. This was the day Tammy was reported being shot at while outside her home. Lori and Melani B. traveled to Missouri to LDS Church history sites.

Smith asks Stubbs if police have obtained Chad and Lori's wedding photos. He says they have and Smith asks to abmit several exhibits.

Thomas asks Stubbs how police got the photos. He says they were on a flash drive seized from Chad and Lori in Hawaii.

Smith shows the wedding photos to the jurors and courtroom. The first picture is Chad and Lori looking into the camera while hugging on Nov. 5, 2019. They are dressed in white on the beach in Hawaii. Stubbs says the photos were taken by a Canon EOS camera.

The second photo is Chad and Lori standing in front of the LDS Temple in Hawaii. The next image is Chad and Lori in a dance pose on the beach in Hawaii. The next photo shows a closeup of Chad and Lori's hands wearing their malachite wedding rings.

The next image is Chad and Lori gazing into each other's eyes on the beach. The next image is a photo of their wedding with the preacher who conducted the ceremony. The next photo shows Chad playing a ukulele while Lori does a Hawaiian dance.

Both are wearing leis. The final image shows Chad holding Lori in his arms while they kiss and the ocean is in the background.

While viewing these images in the courtroom, Lori Daybell did not have much of a reaction. She looked at the photos and did not turn away. Smith has no further questions. John Thomas will cross-examine Stubbs.

Thomas begins by questioning Stubbs about his training. The detective says about 50% of his work is dedicated to phones, electronics, data training. Thomas asks what training he's done in the past year. Stubbs says he's taken online courses and completed updates on software.

Stubbs recalls a list of courses he's taken over his career related to cell phone and electronic data gathering.

Thomas brings up the "burner" phones. Stubbs said that drug dealers often use them. Thomas asks if Stubbs thinks Lori or Chad were involved in drugs. Stubbs says, "Not to my knowledge." Thomas says there are many reasons why people might use a burner phone.

Thomas now asking about the wind search Chad Daybell did on his computer. "Why was this particular day, this particular search unusual to you?" he asks. Stubbs responds, "Because the user of this account was looking for the wind on this particular date and time."

Stubbs says the user never looked up wind conditions or speeds again.

Thomas asks Stubbs if he knows what size ring Chad, Lori, Alex or Zulema wear. Stubbs says he does not. Thomas has no further questions.

Smith has some "brief" re-direct for Stubbs. She asks him to clarify some of his training and then asks if "burner" phones are used by people who are trying to hide their behavior. Stubbs says yes.

Smith says, "Are they commonly used by people who are trying to hide their relationships from other people in their lives?" Stubbs responds, "In my experience, yes."

Smith asks for clarification on the wind. She has no further questions. Thomas has one more question: "Did you ever see anything from Lori saying I'm going to kill the kids? Let's kill the kids? Kill the kids?" Stubbs says, "No" to all the questions.

Thomas: "Based on anything you've seen, is there anything in there where Lori had texted or emailed - any type of data that says anything about wanting to kill her children?" Stubbs says, "No."

Boyce asks if Stubbs will be recalled to testify. Smith says he may be so the detective remains under subpoena. Next witness called is Nicole Heideman. Lindsey Blake will question Heideman. Heideman works for the FBI.

link: https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

What feels "off" to me is that no coroner/medical examiner/forensic pathologist has yet testified about the victims autopsies or causes of death. Usually in murder trials. the prosecution has the medical experts testify right off the bat regarding the autpsies and the causes of death. But here we are two week (or is it three?) into the trial and no medical experts have yet testified. Why?
Possibly because it's not the most impactful evidence. In jury selection the prosecution kept asking if you could convict without knowing cause of death.

MOO

I'll only worry if that doesn't happen. I assume the prosecution is getting there slowly. I have no idea why they focused on Charles' death to such a great degree. His death is important but not the reason for this trial in Idaho.

I'll only worry if that doesn't happen. I assume the prosecution is getting there slowly. I have no idea why they focused on Charles' death to such a great degree. His death is important but not the reason for this trial in Idaho.
I am hopeful that the evidence they are putting out there now is to build up so there is no doubt , solidly show what was going on and then when they present it will just be the cherry on the top for conviction, I wish the nail in the coffin (so to say) was out there and I felt confident, at this point it is anybody's guess, but I am hoping that they are building a conviction brick by brick.

It feels to me like the prosecution first gave a "wide view" with the first four testimonies:
1- Kay W. (starting with a highly emotional tie to JJ)
2 - Brandon B. (beginning of LE's involvement)
3 - R. Hermosillo (discovery of bodies)
4 - J. Willmore (CD & LVD's phone call when bodies were discovered)

After that, they've been working in chunks, in a roughly chronological order, which TBH, makes a ton of sense IMO, simply because the scope of this case is so huge and keeping the pieces connected is going to be tough for the jury.

CD & LVD's AFFAIR (EARLY 2019)
5 - J. Powell (surveillance of CD & LVD)
6 - Melanie G (CD & LVD's first meeting, connection over religious beliefs)
7 - N. Duncan (CD & LVD's emails & texts)
8 - Zulema P (CD & LVD's first meeting, connection over spiritual beliefs)

9 - Colby R - This I think was inserted here to keep the jury's eye on the big picture

CV's DEATH (JUL 2019)
10 - M. Saari (social security payments, establishing motive)
11 - C. Kunsaitis (bank statements, establishing motive)
12 - M. Douglass (timeline of financials - establishing motive)
13 - S. Cowden (no CPR to CV)
14 - S. Ynclan (interviews after CV's death)
15 - A. Raymond (LVD's separation from CV, stating she was "done" with him & JJ)
16 - N. Moffatt (inconsistencies in CV's death)

MOVE TO REXBURG (SEP 2019)
17 - S. Schenk (JJ's babysitter)
18 - J. Wilson (JJ's principal)
19 - W. Hill (TR not enrolled at BYU-I)

JJ & TR's DEATHS (SEP 2019)
20 - David W. (JJ's last night)
21 - B. Mattingly (electronic evidence seized - to show where next info source)
22 - B. Dean (raccoon text)
23 - D. Stubbs (cell pings around kids' deaths)
24 - N. Heideman (Google searches, various phones)

To me the most impactful evidence so far were the three phone recordings featuring Lori. Chronologically: MG's call to her in Hawaii in which she claimed to know where JJ was, the call between her and Chad while the investigators were searching his backyard, and her call with Colby where it was clear she knew what happened to the children and wasn't distraught about it.

Ok, so for the life insurance to pay out, wouldn't the "missing kids" have to be reported missing and declared dead? wouldn't that take a significant amount of time? and or the bodies would need to be found. where as the Social Security money would be coming monthly as the kids were not reported missing (Originally) Kay stopped that by contacting police. So I don't think insurance was all that important... the SS money was more steady and not being questioned at the time. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeydipp37