Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, this was to do with the hearing in Madison County the other day where the password for Zoom had been put up on the court's portal and they must have panicked thinking the whole world was going to be logging in, so the judge quickly restricted access.
It actually is about the preliminary hearings for both Lori and Chad in Fremont.

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-838/Motion To Reconsider.pdf

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-838/Memorandum To Reconsider.pdf

I just came to ask you about this

Presumably these zombie proceedings are not the real game in town?

I'd be surprised if the prosecutor intends to charge on these low level crimes
The prelims coming up in August are for both of them on the conspiracy (to conceal the remains) charges and for him on the actual concealment as well, in Fremont. Those are the ones where we've not seen any discovery yet, but at his booking hearing his attorney hinted they might not be ready by August anyway.

The 3 misdemeanour charges she has in Madison don't have a preliminary hearing, it goes to jury trial in January. They booked it that far ahead because they're discussing consolidating the cases with Fremont.

The poster was asking about the part in the article that referred to Judge Mallard's order. The article had information about that as well, which I was clarifying, but yes the new motion filed by the prosecutor is regarding the prelims.

Welcome to WS btw! :)

It makes even less sense to imply if they watch the hearing they will be struck when he admits the whole state of Idaho is already familiar with the case and transcripts/audio of the hearing will be available to the public.

If I understand correctly, he’s fine with the public reading what is said and even hearing the voices of people while saying it. Apparently it’s being able to see what’s going on that he finds problematic. Does he think potential jurors will be tainted if they see Lori roll her eyes one too many times? The free world already knows she’s an absolute beast. But I have faith these two fine lawyers can select a jury capable of separating their loathing from the facts of the case.

I sense he’s not being entirely transparent regarding the real reason he wants video banned at the pre-trial hearing. But I’m mystified as to what it could be.

JMO
Sometimes I wonder if applications like this are to get the issues aired on record, so that the defense has an opportunity to say something or not say anything about the issue, and so that it restricts them in later appeals.

It is confusing from that article, thanks to you and @Tortoise for pointing out it's two different cases.

The judges order was filed 7/16 on the CR-33-20-0302 case...(Mallard/misdemeanor cases for Lori)

upload_2020-7-22_5-19-48.png

Woods Motion to reconsider was filed on July 17th for case CR22-20-0838 (Elden/bigger charges for both Chad and Lori)

upload_2020-7-22_5-22-6.png

Last edited:
Absolutely and I totally agree with you but for a slightly different and important reason.

We should never allow court proceedings to be private because the public serves an important purpose of checks and balances. To witness what should be a fair and impartial process to both the Prosecution and the Defense.

As soon as we start having private, hidden, unseen, behind the curtains, etc. forms of justice then it opens up the door for shenanigans to happen to either side and nobody would ever know.

This is exactly right and it extends to all forms of the government. We, "the people" keep our decision-makers honest by holding them to strict standards.

I'm glad you said this because this is the best reason ever for not employing secretive means in criminal proceedings and elsewhere.

It has been the 22nd here for more than 18 hours already. I must say that the end of the world has been very mundane, so far. I was peeved that I still needed to come home from work and cook dinner, until you gave me the brilliant idea of making funeral potatoes

Long time lurker (this account was created in 2014), but with today being the end of the world, I figured I should post.

Do we have a time when it starts? Is it a black tie affair? My mom never taught me proper dress for the apocalypse, so I'm a little lost. Do I need to get into an evening gown, or are my track shorts just fine? It's supposed to be in the 100s again here today so, sadly, I will have frizzy hair for the end of the world. Bummer.

Does anyone think that LV or CD will find a way to commit suicide today? I mean, if it gets up on 9 PM and nothing's happening, I genuinely wonder if they'd do it just to, in some twisted way, make the prophecy "true," to save face. They have to know they're criminally sunk at this point. Or I feel like Chad knows on some level that the jig is up. Laurie, ehhhh...

I popped in to see if I can see an update about the case. Will have to check back thru a lot of posts I guess.

Just found this and posts about the no video.

Eric Grossarth

@ericgrossarth

·
18h

The proscutor asked to not allow video for the #Daybell #Vallow preliminary hearings to prevserve a right to a fair trial.

Prosecutor asks judge to ban video cameras at Daybell preliminary hearings | East Idaho News
eastidahonews.com

I notice that is an old photo. Thanks for suggesting the media thread @Tortoise .

Last edited:
It has been the 22nd here for more than 18 hours already. I must say that the end of the world has been very mundane, so far. I was peeved that I still needed to come home from work and cook dinner, until you gave me the brilliant idea of making funeral potatoes

We are only 4 hours into the 22nd here, but we did have a large earthquake at a little after 10pm AK time (which would be the 22nd in most of the US) and there is a tsunami warning for much of the west coast of US, Canada and AK for at least the next 24 hours according to our initial alerts....so perhaps it has begun......

ETA Just saw that tsunami warning has been cancelled.....but who knows what the aftershocks might bring.....

Last edited:
I'm in EST and as I type this, and according to CD and LV, the end of the world still has about 15 hours left in order to meet the date where I'm at. Rather than be prepared for the end I kept my normal Wednesday morning tee time. It's too hot to wear a tinfoil hat so I'm opted out of that. It started raining so we were unable to finish eighteen holes but if Florida sinks into the sea today I'm glad we left early since a golf cart doesn't float.

Rob Wood said he wouldn't need much more time to prepare for these cases.

"These cases" seems to suggest that there are more cases coming.
Possibly! Let’s hope bigger charges are headed in today.

Imo even if MM needed the time to prepare, wouldn’t be be in his office more. I know he needs time with his client but again everyday all day seems excessive, even if you only have the one client. I can’t imagine the fees he’s racking up, maybe he is working pro bono o_O

All jmo

Imo no I don’t think he’s in high demand.
Hence the reason he has all the time in the world to spend w/LVD leading up to end of times. Is MM in there attempting to calm and reassure LVD that she will not die today? Is he in there trying to bring her back down from delusions that she will not be harmed but everyone else in the jail will die today? Is she excited because nothing will happen to her (cannot taste blood) or excited because she thinks today is her "get out of jail free card"?
I am really curious about her mood at this very moment and over the next 24 hours! (Where are our jailhouse snitches? Our inside lines of communication?)
Anybody in Rexburg willing to talk about their experience w/Miss Lori?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member