Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed this, however, I can't for the life of me remember if this was discussed. I am so curious as to why a storage unit was needed in the first place with at 2 garages in the Rexburg townhouses. Why couldn't items be stored there rather than rent a unit? I guess Lori was using her's for her car and Chad's car. Chad, I'm sure couldn't risk anyone seeing his vehicle at her home.
I suspect it was to hide evidence of what they were doing, if the police caught up with them and descended on their homes without warning.

moo

Utah doing Tammy's autopsy?
Utah for Alex and MBP trespassing
Hawaii ?
Montana for YNP?

Small part of YNP are in Montana and Idaho, but the vast majority, including the parts we know for sure they went to are primarily Wyoming. The only exception to that is that if they entered at West Yellowstone, MT (as we've assumed, but don't think know for sure) they would have been in Montana for the first 2-3 miles.

THANK YOU SO MUCH GARDENER1850!!!

I have lots of questions about Melani.... (but I didn't want to put in the entire quote, so I hope this formats.)

Where was Melani during this time???

That's the home where Brandon was shot at...correct? Brandon AND Melani's Chandler home?

Where was Melanie at the moment all this was happening?
On the way to Vegas to get married.

Small part of YNP are in Montana and Idaho, but the vast majority, including the parts we know for sure they went to are primarily Wyoming. The only exception to that is that if they entered at West Yellowstone, MT (as we've assumed, but don't think know for sure) they would have been in Montana for the first 2-3 miles.
Add Wyoming to the list. We don't know the exit they used do we?
Probably add Californis too as they were there for a short while - well Chad was anyway.

Add Nevada too.

I was reading earlier about Tammy's exhumation and got curious about the process. Since she was buried here in UT, I went to the UT code to determine how it happens, etc. What I found the most interesting is that there is a provision for notification of the executor or heir of the deceased person's estate in order to give them the right to object.

There's also a provision that allows the DA or county attorney to motion (upon ex parte hearing, meaning the heir in this case, wouldn't recieve notice or be present) that the body be exhumed without notification. There has to be a showing of exigent circumstances (necessary to prevent physical harm to officers or other persons, destruction of relevant evidence, escape of suspect, etc) and the personal appearance of the medical examiner. The UT code lays out reasons for why the notice would not be given, and includes sudden death, suspicious death or when the request is made to assume custody by a county or DA or LE agency in connection with a potential homicide investigation or prosecution. There are other reasons, but those seemed the most applicable in this case.

It is possible that he was notified, but, it hasn' t been socialized. I imagine, however, that if he was not notified, that those court documents are sealed. I can attempt to get them, perhaps later this week, if they aren't sealed.

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

·
1h

I can confirm Gilbert/Chandler Police will be represented at a meeting w/
@FBISaltLakeCity
tomorrow into Thursday. Agencies will be updating each other on their investigations tied to Lori Vallow/Chad Daybell & the missing kids (JJ/Tylee). #fox10phoenix

So tomorrow and Thursday. AC's autopsy was to be complete 3/12, I think.

It is possible that he was notified, but, it hasn' t been socialized. I imagine, however, that if he was not notified, that those court documents are sealed. I can attempt to get them, perhaps later this week, if they aren't sealed.

Maybe Chad was notified which then lead... to the death of Alex.

ETA: Not suggesting Chad was the culprit in AxC's death. (want to make that clear)

Last edited:
Bondsmen are refusing to help 'cult' mom Lori Vallow post $1million bail ahead of missing kids trial | Daily Mail Online

"Lori reportedly began reading Chad's writing while she was living in Hawaii with Charles, JJ and Tylee between 2014 and 2017.

It's unclear how or when exactly Lori and Chad met, but family members say it was sometime around June 2017.

The pair made their first appearance together in December 2018 on a podcast for Preparing a People.

Lori and Charles' marriage deteriorated rapidly as she became more and more involved with Preparing a People, and he filed for divorce and for custody of JJ in February 2019.

(There is a picture of Lori in here that makes her look as if she is pregnant but I can't copy it without getting the whole article. It is the last pic of her in the article if anyone can copy it in.)

Last edited:
Wednesday into Thursday. That's a heck of an update meeting.

Gilbert PD
Chandler PD
Rexburg PD
Fremont Co Sheriff (idaho)
FBI

Any other dept? Is Maricopa County involved (medical examiner)?

Jmo

I think this meeting would have Chad and Lori shaking in their respective loafers & shower slides. I sure hope it does, anyway!!

Both Chad and Tammy's families live in Springville. It is a smallish close knit community. I would not be surprised that someone heard about the exhumation and called Chad.

Does anyone remember the date that Tammy's dad found out? Not saying that he made the call. Our maybe he did and was like WTH, Chad?

Quite possibly. My opinion only, here, but I tend to stick to the simplest explanation being the easiest. If sources are correct, and he can be linked to her death, then I am going to surmise that it was a hefty drug overdose for both of them. Like meth or heroin type of drugs.

Both Chad and Tammy's families live in Springville. It is a smallish close knit community. I would not be surprised that someone heard about the exhumation and called Chad.

Does anyone remember the date that Tammy's dad found out? Not saying that he made the call. Our maybe he did and was like WTH, Chad?

That sounds very possible, also.

October 2019

1 Oct 2019
– Lori’s brother Alex is served with an eviction notice for his San Tan Valley rental house (Court docs).

1 Oct 2019, 2:08 - 2:32 pm - Lori signs a $53-per-month rental agreement for a 10×10 unit at Self Storage Plus in Rexburg. Oct 1 is the only time Lori visits the unit alone; She is driving a blue Nissan Rogue. She is seen removing a heavy tote from her car and placing it into the unit after she signs the contract. Later CCTV shows Lori and/or a man associated with her visiting the unit nine times in October and once in November (East Idaho News, Dateline).

2 Oct 2019, abt 9:14 am – BB, husband of Lori’s niece Melani, is shot at in the driveway of his Gilbert, AZ home; A bullet narrowly misses BB and shatters the driver’s side window of his Tesla. At first BB thought the shooter was using a paintball gun, due to the sound it made, but when he examines his car he sees a bullet hole and realizes it was a real gun with a silencer. The shooter is driving a vehicle matching the description of Tylee’s Jeep. BB calls 911. “Did you see the guy that, that actually—” The dispatcher begins to ask. “I didn’t see who it was,” BB answers. Much of the call is redacted. It’s unclear what he was telling the dispatcher but in later interviews, we learn BB suspects it was Alex driving. BB knew CV well, knew all about AC shooting CV in July and recognized the Jeep. After GPD arrive and take BB’s statement, a police report is filed, and an attempted murder investigation begins. The Jeep was caught on CCTV and was later confirmed to be registered to the late Charles Vallow. After the shooting attempt on his life, BB takes his 4 children and goes into hiding with them (Family interview on GH; Fox News & Arizona Republic, Dateline).

2 Oct 2019, 1:28 pm – Lori and a man visit her Rexburg storage unit in her car; they stay about 4 minutes (East Idaho News).

3 Oct 2019, around 1:00 pm - Lori and a man visit her Rexburg storage unit in Lori’s car; they stay about 4 minutes (East Idaho News).

4 Oct 2019 - Tammy Daybell visits her parents in Springville, UT about 15 days before she died; She was healthy and doing Zumba and a clogging class according to her dad.

4 Oct 2019 - A judgement is entered in the San Tan Valley eviction case against Alex (Court records).

Between 6 Oct – 26 Oct 2019 – A man (possibly Alex), visits Lori’s Rexburg Storage unit alone 5 times. He drops off a variety of items, including gun cases (East Idaho News)

6 Oct 2019, 1:42-1:50 pm – A man visits Lori’s storage unit alone in the pick-up truck belonging to Alex and he takes something out of the unit; he stays about 8 minutes (Dateline).

9 Oct 2019 - Tammy has an encounter with a masked man with a gun outside her Salem home, which she contacts the police about. She also posted about it on Facebook:
“Something really weird just happened, and I want you to know so you can watch out,”...“I had gotten home and parked in our front driveway. As I was getting stuff out of the back seat, a guy wearing a ski mask was suddenly standing by the back of my car with a paintball gun. He shot at me several times, although I don’t think it was loaded. I yelled for Chad and he ran off around the back of my house...” (East Idaho News, Daily Mail)

10 Oct 2019, 5:39 pm – Venmo in Tylee’s name sent money to her older brother CR with a heart and “We love you”. CR says the money sent through Tylee’s account was from his mom Lori. CR figured his mom was having Tylee send money through her account because Lori is not very tech savvy. (CR interview w/Justin Lum, Fox10 Phoenix).

13 Oct 2019 - BB, husband of Lori’s niece Melani meets with Rich Robertson (RR), an AZ-based private investigator w/R3 Investigations. "He was so anxious that we actually met in my office on a Sunday morning and he told me this wild tale of killing and missing people and religious cults and that he had been the victim of a drive-by shooting…Basically, the bottom line for him at that point was he was hoping I could find Alex Cox and the Jeep that Alex was driving, and he hoped that I could find his wife, whom he had lost contact with for about two weeks…They were going through a divorce and they were supposed to exchange their four kids and she didn't show up for the last meeting. And then he was the target of the drive-by shooting and he thought that he recognized his assailant as being Alex Cox." RR said (Inside Edition)

15 Oct 2019 - A Writ of Restitution is requested (Sheriff/constable eviction) to evict Lori’s brother Alex from his San Tan Valley rental house (Court docs)

16 Oct 2019, 11:05-11:11 am – A man visits Lori’s storage unit alone in a pickup belonging to Alex and puts something into the unit (Dateline).

16 Oct 2019, 1:43 pm (ID Timezone) - Venmo in Tylee’s name again sent money to her older brother CR with a heart. This is the last activity on Tylee’s social media.

16 Oct 2019 (Approx.) - About 2 Weeks after BB was shot at, Melani texts BB saying that she has decided to move to Boise, ID. (Arizona Republic) Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

18 Oct 2019 – Tammy goes to bed having a coughing fit (according to Chad when he called her family to tell them she was dead).

19 Oct 2019 - Tammy is found dead by family members in her ID home at 202 N 1900 E, Rexburg (Salem), ID; A Fremont Co officer goes to the Salem home in response to a call about Tammy’s death. The Fremont Co Coroner Brenda Dye arrives at the home as well and examines the body. No autopsy is performed. Dye writes a death certificate. The coroner initially ruled the death “natural causes,” and decided Tammy didn’t need an autopsy, but police later determined her death is suspicious and exhume her on Dec 12th for autopsy. (Fox13 Salt Lake City).

19 Oct 2019 – On the day Tammy dies her daughter calls Julie Rowe: “And she said Julie do you know what I’m most scared of and I said no what and she said my dad getting remarried,” Julie said. (Per Julie’s interview with Fox10 Phoenix Feb 29 2020)

19 Oct 2019, 10:21 pm – Tylee’s AZ friend sends Tylee a text to say she misses her and had been thinking about her. She didn’t get a reply until six days later (Post Register).

After 19 Oct 2019 – Chad collects $430,000 from Tammy’s life insurance policy following her Oct. 19, 2019 death (Affidavit of Probable Cause Doc; East Idaho News).

21-24 Oct 2019 – The ID school where Tammy was librarian holds a book donation drive in her memory and makes a remembrance corner in the library to help the children remember her. Central Elementary Book Fair

22 Oct 2019 – Funeral services are held in Utah and Tammy Daybell is buried in Springville, Utah (Tammy's Obit).

22 Oct 2019, 3:14 - 3:24 pm - A man visits Lori’s storage unit alone in the pick-up truck belonging to Alex and he takes something out of the unit (Dateline).

22 Oct 2019 – BB and Melani’s divorce is finalized (Consent Decree); BB requested full custody of their 4 children on the grounds that he believes Melani was behind the attempt on his life in early October; He also requested Melani not see the children without supervision; Melani did not show up for court to challenge custody of the children; (Court records; Arizona Republic). Family Court Case Information - Case History

22 Oct 2019 – Final eviction notice is served via sheriff/constable at the San Tan Valley rental house of Lori’s brother Alex.

23 Oct 2019 - A 2nd memorial service for Tammy Daybell is held in Rexburg, Idaho. Tammy’s children participate and Chad speaks; The closing song is ‘Families Can Be Together Forever’ and a poem called ‘Your Mother is Always With You’ is printed in the program. “It was really weird because the casket wasn’t even there. It all came together so quick and felt rushed. There weren’t a lot of people at the service,” says a friend of the Daybells. (East Idaho News, Tammy's Obit).

24 Oct 2019 – Chad moves out of the Salem, ID house he shared with Tammy and two of his adult kids. He told his kids he wanted to sell the house and the book publishing business he and Tammy had built since 2004, but they convinced him not to. He later says he has plans to go to Hawaii to edit a book. (WS Verified Insider posts).

25 Oct 2019 - 11:14 am (AZ time) – Tylee’s AZ friend receives a reply to her Oct 19 text saying, “hi. miss you guys too ...luv ya.” The friend didn’t think it sounded like Tylee. “She spelled out her words for the most part,” the friend said. “Plus, she would have texted more if I reached out.” (Post Register).

25 Oct 2019, 12:48 – 12:57 pm (ID Time) - A man visits Lori’s storage unit alone in a pick-up truck belonging to Alex and he takes something out of the unit (Dateline).

26 Oct 2019 – Run for A Refugee 5K, Tammy had been training to run this 5 that was held a week after her death (Daily Mail, WS Verified Insider).

26 Oct 2019, 5:07–5:17 pm - A man visits Lori’s storage unit alone in the pick-up truck belonging to Alex and he puts something into the unit (Dateline).

28 Oct 2019, 2:00-2:06 pm – 2 men driving Alex’s pick-up truck are seen on CCTV at Lori’s Rexburg Storage Unit moving kids’ bikes into the unit; they also take items out of the unit. The men are believed to be Chad and Alex, together only days after Tammy’s funeral (East Idaho News, Dateline).

29 Oct 2019 – A neighbor’s Ring doorbell camera captures footage of Lori still living in the Pioneer Rd apt and an unidentified woman coming to visit her (2KUTV).

Late Oct 2019 – Tylee’s brother CR notices that Tylee’s texts to him had become less frequent and changed. The texts did not sound like Tylee and were not written the way she normally would reply (CR interview w/Justin Lum, Fox10 Phoenix)

31 Oct 2019, Halloween – Around Halloween time the nanny hired through care.com in Sept again texts Lori to ask if her services are needed for JJ. There was no response (AZ Family).

31 Oct 2019 – Chad sends a newsletter to GRI website members titled: “Moving into the Second Half of My Life.” The letter begins: “My dear wife Tammy passed away in her sleep early Saturday, October 19. When I awoke at around 6 a.m., it was clear she had been gone for several hours. It came as a shock. I couldn’t believe I hadn’t been awakened somehow, but all indications are that her spirit simply slipped away during the night. Her face looked serene, with her eyes closed and a slight smile. It was devastating to discover her that way, but I’m so grateful that her death was peaceful.” Chad also writes that after her death Tammy told him “several messages…and I’m in the process of implementing what she has told me to do. She has indicated that my life has two parts that were planned even before I came to earth.” (East Idaho News).

31 OctNov 1 2019 - RR, A private investigator hired by BB, observes Alex and Melani load up a U-haul outside Melani’s Chandler home and discard children's items on the curb. "It was all kids' stuff, it was clothing, it was blankets, it was toys, mattresses, bedding materials. It was all in a pile out there on the curb with a little cardboard sign on it that said, 'Free,'" RR says. RR says he tracked Melani to Rexburg, not Boise: “We saw them loading the U-Haul they rented in Arizona and took to Rexburg and we saw where they were living but we didn’t see the kids,” RR said (KTVB7 News, AZ Family, Inside Edition).

Wow! You are amazing! I have no idea what you do for a living, but you should be in law enforcement or a PI or something. Thank you for taking the time to lay this all out for everyone. It makes it soooo much easier to follow everything. And who knows maybe something in your timeline will help LE find out what happened to sweet Tylee & JJ!

Does anyone know if there was a life insurance policy on Alex's life? Was he an independent trucker, or did he work for a company that might have that kind of benefit for employees? Was there a policy purchased on his life after his recent marriage? And if so, any payout?
Quite possibly. My opinion only, here, but I tend to stick to the simplest explanation being the easiest. If sources are correct, and he can be linked to her death, then I am going to surmise that it was a hefty drug overdose for both of them. Like meth or heroin type of drugs.
dbm
My suspicions of what chemicals and where bodies might be hidden continually come back to Alex. He worked for a hazardous waste trucking company usually on a route from Coolidge AZ to Bentonville Arkansas. There is a lot of empty land on this route! This is why I keep thinking body or bodies might have ended up in AZ. One poster here thought he had been fired from there, but I don't think we really know. However, once he was dead, I would absolutely assume that LE was in direct communication with that company.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member