Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fleeing may be weak as even OJ didn't get charged with such. But MOO it may be relevant shorter term (not a charge) for the bond hearing... so higher bond as he is a flight risk? Adding on when he "fled" to Hawaii etc???

MOO

Ahhh... yes! You're correct! I see that now! Thank you! And, I'm supportive of any factor that could deprive him of any potential bail!

ETA: But, I don't see it as wise to allow fleeing - IF that's what happened.

Last edited:
Court TV has been following this case all morning. I am told you can download their app and watch for free if you don't have access to the television channel.

Thank you for this.
I was able to get CourtTV by using my regular Antenna and changing TV Input to antenna because it came in on one of my local digital broadcasts over the regular rabbit ears Antenna airwaves but the reception doesnt always come in so I may try that suggestion too.

Good point if LE was primarily searching the first time for any evidence related to Tammy's death. They already knew where her body was so there would be no real need to search way out in the yard.

Their original Search Warrant may have limited them also depending on what the judge agreed to in order to let them search the first time.
Rexburgsleuth is referring to the paintball incident in October when Tammy called the police. Imo

Last edited:
Thank you for this.
I was able to get CourtTV by using my regular Antenna and changing TV Input to antenna because it came in on one of my local digital broadcasts over the regular rabbit ears Antenna airwaves but the reception doesnt always come in so I may try that suggestion too.
To be fair - they are replaying their coverage from last night right now.

Interesting comments from speaker on court tv. She is stating it is imperative that LEO work straight through the night to collect all evidence at the scene and that is why they bring in the big bright lights. I saw the lights brought onto the property yesterday but not mention of anyone working the scene overnight (except providing security).

You mean Jan 3?? Snow on ground, and at that time they were really investigating around Tammy's death, so prob Fremont County, right? This event yesterday, was Rexburg, and only about the kids.

correction:: I see that the search on Jan 3 was also about the kids, not Tammy. That might be more relevant as we learn more..
No, not on Jan 3rd. On the night of Oct 9th when the gunman attacked. Or again October 19th when Tammy died. Why didn't anyone ask, "Hey. why are there these places with fresh overturned dirt?"

Lot of if only's and why didn't's in this case.

If somebody rolled over on these two, it would be a pretty short list of people who knew where the children were. Who are they?

Lori? (Chad obviously didn't roll over on himself...)
Melani? Ian?
Zulema? (Alex is an obvious no)
Melanie??
Daybell child(ren)?

My top theory at the moment is that one of Chad's children finally agreed to talk to police and something small that they knew helped LE connect the dots. Maybe they knew Chad did some extra "yard work" in October 2019? Or maybe they noticed the disturbed ground before but had been dismissing it? I believe MG's interview might have woken someone up to realize JJ and Tylee were dead and not safely hidden in a bunker somewhere.

My second theory at the moment is the Lori and Chad accidentally let something slip while talking on the jail phone system. Chad supposedly talked to Lori for hours everyday while she was in jail. Their conversations were all recorded and would have been scrutinized by the FBI daily.

Either way, it should not be too long before we find out what lead to this search warrant. Justice for JJ and Tylee is on the way!

MOO.

It begs another question: Why didn't LE find the burial sites when they investigated that night and were all over the property?

Threads are moving fast and that question has been addressed a few times by others saying that they were investigating and had a warrant for Tammy's death ... (in the house..in barn??) and at the front door??... search warrants are very specific.

MOO

No, not on Jan 3rd. On the night of Oct 9th when the gunman attacked. Or again October 19th when Tammy died. Why didn't anyone ask, "Hey. why are there these places with fresh overturned dirt?"

Lot of if only's and why didn't's in this case.
That would have been really weird at the time. CD & TD were still married - no one knew he was cavorting with LV, it was a "paintball" incident and TD hollered for her hubs to "protect" her. LEO was (if they were ever called to the home) there to take a report on the "paintball" incident - not execute a search for an (presumably) unrelated case.
Sorry but the only blame in this case that appears to be deserving is directly at Chad and Lori. IMO

Threads are moving fast and that question has been addressed a few times by others saying that they were investigating and had a warrant for Tammy's death ... (in the house..in barn??) and at the front door??... search warrants are very specific.

MOO
The Sealed search warrant yesterday had to do with these children.
The search in January on this property was related to TD's death.

Interesting comments from speaker on court tv. She is stating it is imperative that LEO work straight through the night to collect all evidence at the scene and that is why they bring in the big bright lights. I saw the lights brought onto the property yesterday but not mention of anyone working the scene overnight (except providing security).
Only security.
That would have been really weird at the time. CD & TD were still married - no one knew he was cavorting with LV, it was a "paintball" incident and TD hollered for her hubs to "protect" her. LEO was (if they were ever called to the home) there to take a report on the "paintball" incident - not execute a search for an (presumably) unrelated case.
Sorry but the only blame in this case that appears to be deserving is directly at Chad and Lori. IMO
Yes, you're right. I didn't mean to imply LE had fault in not extensively searching the property. I'd be as guilty as anyone for not searching. But hindsight can be a little blinding in a case like this.

LEO were certainly called to the home at the time of the supposed paintball incident. I am pretty sure that they just looked around a bit and left. However, when they searched the property months later, they already had all the information about Chad and Lori. Seems kind of bizarre to me it never occurred to them to look for bodies. A lot of people bury bodies right on their property. Like somebody already pointed out, there is even a TV series called "buried in the backyard."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member