Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I've looked up the exact locations. The apartment Alex was in had been listed on Zillow but has been de-listed now. However, you can still find those photos if you look hard enough. Lori's place is still on Zillow and you can see some pics of the exterior and interior if you are interested. Plus, the Ring doorbell footage shows her building as well. The complex is relatively small and is called Rock Creek Town Homes.

Obviously, the GPS was precise enough to identify Alex's location when in his own apartment and when in Lori's. I'm just curious about the gap in time between his being in his unit and when he is in Lori's. That means one of the following: 1) there were no pings from which his location could be confirmed for the gap; 2) LE did not give us info for that gap even though they have it. If the phone did not ping that makes me question whether we can be confident about the duration for his visits on the Daybell property. If there is a continuous GPS ant trail, no problem. However, I am still questioning why the affidavit would list a 2 hour gap between when he is in his place and when he is said to be in Lori's.

The only thing I can think of is no change in cell-tower + not using his phone in between. Or maybe in a clumsy attempt at masking his activity, he turned his phone off in between, or, as you're suggesting, perhaps there is more information that's not being shared because it wasn't pertinent to the warrant on the specific charges on Chad.

I'm finding this frustrating about the APCs in general -- there is a lot that's not said or explained, which I suppose is what court testimony is for, but still, it leaves many questions.

Yes, I get it. My only point is that if the neighbor really heard a shot he might be mistaken about the month. I personally think the whole raccoon story was just a cover to keep Tammy from questioning the fresh digging. Whether Chad actually fired a shot is unknown. I don't think Tylee was shot though. It would have been hard to get her there concious without her phone. If she was unconcious there would be less attention getting ways to finish her off that shooting.

Re BBM
Ive been speculating and wondering if the same basic method was used on 3 out of 4 of them. Poison and then gunshot as a backup if they did not die quick enough or when they wanted them to die.

With Charles, there was a setup gunshot plan only. They couldn't get close enough to him to administer poison without his knowledge so a more direct plan was used.

I would not be surprised if LE finds evidence of gunshot on one or two of the children if the poison didnt work quick enough for them.

I don't want to encourage sleuthing of nonpoi's nor I am accusing anyone else as involved in the murders but MG's was involved with at least one person who has also published very detailed visions of apocalyptic events. It helped me understand that Chad and Lori's claims would not be as outrageous to MG if she was hearing similar information from multiple sources.

And, in C&L's case... visions became deadly... more than once. But, amazing to me that these deaths didn't raise more than an eyebrow, instead they seemed to further strengthen beliefs that C&L were special... and they, as believers were also special.

jmo

Reincarnation is part of some major religions. I don't see a higher prevalence of murder in those.
I agree. All religions teach that killing other people is wrong. If you are reincarnated after committing murder, you'll come back as cockroach or something.

My impression of MG's warnings about multiple probations, (IIRC she states this directly), was that it leads to a people believing they have some kind of grandiose destiny to fulfill, that is greater than the authority of the current church/legal system.
Yes, I've looked up the exact locations. The apartment Alex was in had been listed on Zillow but has been de-listed now. However, you can still find those photos if you look hard enough. Lori's place is still on Zillow and you can see some pics of the exterior and interior if you are interested. Plus, the Ring doorbell footage shows her building as well. The complex is relatively small and is called Rock Creek Town Homes.

Obviously, the GPS was precise enough to identify Alex's location when in his own apartment and when in Lori's. I'm just curious about the gap in time between his being in his unit and when he is in Lori's. That means one of the following: 1) there were no pings from which his location could be confirmed for the gap; 2) LE did not give us info for that gap even though they have it. If the phone did not ping that makes me question whether we can be confident about the duration for his visits on the Daybell property. If there is a continuous GPS ant trail, no problem. However, I am still questioning why the affidavit would list a 2 hour gap between when he is in his place and when he is said to be in Lori's.
I don't believe FBI would cover up data by leaving it out.

I also don't think it's surprising that phones don't continuously ping. That's really inefficient, requiring the tower to be constantly receiving and constantly responding to every phone within its radius. Maybe that's how it worked once upon a time, but smartphones and mobile networks, IMO, are much more efficient than that now. In particular, IMO phones are programmed to send out a ping whenever it detects that the signal is weaker, ie 2 or 3 bars instead of 4 or 5.

There's always the possibility AC turned off his phone or left it behind. Definitely, some perps do that, like the physics student recently convicted of killing a University of Illinois student. But considering his other movements, it seems likely AC kept his phone on and with him all the time.

IMO, it's demonstrating that the evidence, in this case a very unusual form of witness, is reliable and complete. The evidence shows, for example, that AC stayed in his own apartment until a time when he went to LV's apartment, then went back to his own apartment. They could have left out that he was in his own apartment during certain times, but they left it in. It's not evidence in support of any particular allegation, it just shows they know exactly where he was and when.
I agree that's true for the datapoints that have to do with Rexburg. The precision there supports the affidavit, especially for a timeline that has AC in evident proximity to Tylee and then out on CD's property. No argument from me at all with that.
However, the Buckeroo data point isn't necessary to make that argument. It's extraneous. It doesn't show anything. But clearly it's significant to the case if it was mentioned, so I'd venture to bet it's an aspect of the case we haven't been familiarized with yet.

I actually think it's kinda interesting that the Affidavit had the Buckeroos data point. What purpose does it serve in the affidavit?
I would guess that it's part of a case LE's building that we don't have yet.
Something happened on that trip IMO.
It establishes a timeline. Google maps says it is 1 hour 20 minutes from West Yellowstone to Rexburg and another 5 minutes to the park entrance. So if they had him leaving the park at 18:40 and arrriving home at 20:37 there would be about half an hour (117 - 80 =27 min) missing. Slow driving explains a few minutes but not half an hour. A 17 minute stop at Buckeroos leave 10 minutes unexplained which is much more reasonable for traffic lights or driving slow.

We've heard from Lori's relatives that Lori was supposedly being threatened. So yes, I am thinking CD was implying that a dangerous bunch of JJ's relatives was the reason kids were hidden and the reason Chad and Lori couldn't tell people where they were.
I was trying to figure out when that statement was made. I think we can drop the idea that anyone was threatening Lori. But I think it is very possible AC was threatening Chad. At least until 12/12.

But this isn’t trial data or evidence to be used in a trial. It’s data in support of a probable cause affidavit. So, what in the PCA does the Buckeroo datapoint support?

Just another datapoint along the trail from where Tylee was last seen alive, to where her body was found. As with the quick trip to the Maverick, I don't think we're going to know until trial when the prosecution unveils their timeline and supporting evidence.

This is one of those times when it would be helpful for a VI with LE or prosecution experience to weigh in on why the APC was constructed the way it was. It doesn't seem to really spell out what its data points mean.

It establishes a timeline. Google maps says it is 1 hour 20 minutes from West Yellowstone to Rexburg and another 5 minutes to the park entrance. So if they had him leaving the park at 18:40 and arrriving home at 20:37 there would be about half an hour (117 - 80 =27 min) missing. Slow driving explains a few minutes but not half an hour. A 17 minute stop at Buckeroos leave 10 minutes unexplained which is much more reasonable for traffic lights or driving slow.

Makes sense! And so it doesn't have to be a meaningful "plot point", so much as it just accounts for the time. Thanks for this.

Studying the affidavit, I have a question regarding how often Cox's cell phone was pinging. For instance, consider this statement:

On Monday, September 9, from 00:00 (12 a.m.) and 00:44 Cox’s phone was located at his apartment (107.) However, at 02:42 (2:42 am.) to 03:37 (3:37 a.m.) Cox is located again at Lori’s Apartment (1 75) where Lori lived with Tylee and JJ.
Where was Alex between 00:44 and 2:42 am when he is at Lori's apartment? If he stayed at his apartment until going to Lori's does that mean the phone wasn't pinging? Does the phone only ping when it is being used?
I've heard that newer phones will go into a kind of standby mode to save power. They stop pinging unless GPS detects to phone has moved or something like that.

They did not drink alcohol though so I don't believe that is why he went to Mavericks.
I believe Mavericks is a gas station also and I think he went there to gasoline, JMO
I think how can you come up with this stuff if not for alcohol/drugs. This is all surreal. It truly blows my mind the thinking/doings of humans. Imo

Re BBM
Ive been speculating and wondering if the same basic method was used on 3 out of 4 of them. Poison and then gunshot as a backup if they did not die quick enough or when they wanted them to die.

With Charles, there was a setup gunshot plan only. They couldn't get close enough to him to administer poison without his knowledge so a more direct plan was used.

I would not be surprised if LE finds evidence of gunshot on one or two of the children if the poison didnt work quick enough for them.

I am still going with Chloroform. It is legal to buy. Works fast. And then, shoot her to double check death once she is in the grave.

You call it Tylees death, I call it Tylee's murder.

So you think that her death was not murder? And then just all of a sudden Alex shows up in the morning and says hi can I burn a body and can you dig a hole and help cover it up and call your wife and he was fine with that. I'm not following your thinking
Thank god all the people I hang with would call 911 if there was an unexpected death, if you call your brother and your lover haul the body around get some gas and then do god only knows what, then that is murder and there is a cold place in he!! for these evildoers

I was trying to figure out when that statement was made. I think we can drop the idea that anyone was threatening Lori. But I think it is very possible AC was threatening Chad. At least until 12/12.
I agree, no one was threatening Lori in real life. But I think this is the scenario both CD and LR created to explain to people about why they were not producing the children, why TD died, and so on. This false story of how they were innocent, it was these "other people" who were the dangerous ones, was referred to by the webmaster of the AVOW forum, Parrett. Chad Daybell expected to speak about missing Rexburg children soon, associate says

Re BBM

Shooting is a man's choice of murder weapon.

Poisoning is a woman's choice of murder weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member