ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"During the course of the investigation we received information the remains of Michael Vaughan might be found (behind the house)... As a result we obtained a search warrant.

We have not found anything yet but we will continue to excavate in hopes of finding his remains." Chief Huff told KTVB at the scene.
Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue is also on scene with Idaho State Police and Fruitland PD. Huff said they arrived on scene late Friday.
...snipped...

Huff said they now believe that Michael disappeared in a smaller window of time than originally thought, around 6:40 p.m. to 7 p.m. on July 27, 2021. That was when Tyler Vaughan, Michael's father, said he was in a back bedroom tending to his daughter and ordering pizza on the phone, came out to the living room and could not find his son. It is unclear why police believe he disappeared within a shorter time frame.

For LE to dig up a whole backyard like this I can only assume that the credible tip has come from either the perpetrator or their partner.
This is the first time we’ve SEEN LE do ANY digging in this case. Which seems unusual after more than a year. (But perhaps they were digging and the media just didn’t cover it.)

Even if this tip doesn’t pan out, I hope that it reinvigorates the case or leads to more tips that solve it.

"During the course of the investigation we received information the remains of Michael Vaughan might be found (behind the house)... As a result we obtained a search warrant.

We have not found anything yet but we will continue to excavate in hopes of finding his remains." Chief Huff told KTVB at the scene.
Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue is also on scene with Idaho State Police and Fruitland PD. Huff said they arrived on scene late Friday.
...snipped...

Huff said they now believe that Michael disappeared in a smaller window of time than originally thought, around 6:40 p.m. to 7 p.m. on July 27, 2021. That was when Tyler Vaughan, Michael's father, said he was in a back bedroom tending to his daughter and ordering pizza on the phone, came out to the living room and could not find his son. It is unclear why police believe he disappeared within a shorter time frame.

Not sure why they're saying the time frame has narrowed. As far as I was aware it's always been between 6.40-7 pm.

7 pm. was when Tyler noticed Michael was missing and went outside to look for him.

ETA: From the press conference:

"It's important to note that as we continue to refine our timeline we now believe that Michael disappeared in a smaller window of time and that's probably between the time of 6.40 pm. and 7.00 pm. on the 27th."

Last edited:

...snipped...

It takes quite a bit to get a search warrant.
Now they have issued 27-28 of them.

Fruitland PD asks for help Identifying cars, people in Michael Vaughan case​

by CBS2 News Staff
Friday, October 8th 2021
UserWay icon for accessibility widget

Surveillance of one of the vehicles Fruitland PD is looking for (Courtesy Fruitland PD)
Surveillance of one of the vehicles Fruitland PD is looking for (Courtesy Fruitland PD)

Image icon
VIEW ALL PHOTOS

News on again KTVB. Nothing new.
But I was better able to hear what a neighbor who was interviewed said:

"They (LE) showed me a picture of a kid's scooter...and asked me if I'd seen it."

I wonder if there might have been an auto vs. scooter incident. If that sort of speculation is not allowed, apologies. I haven’t posted in ages and don’t recall if speculation of that type is permissible.

Neighbor makes the remark about scooter 1:48 - although is he saying they showed him the picture last year when they came around the neighborhood?

Last edited:
Neighbor makes the remark about scooter 1:48 - although is he saying they showed him the picture last year when they came around the neighborhood?

I just googled like crazy to read all of the initial articles I could find, about what he was wearing, etc.

In the first 18 days, I didn't see any mention of him being on a scooter. But I guess it's possible that Michael's parents or a neighbour may have eventually realised a scooter was missing?

One thing I read in the early articles that I had totally forgotten---he went missing in his light blue Minecraft t-shirt and navy blue boxer/briefs. I had forgotten he ran off in his underwear.

The Fruitland Police Department said Michael is considered missing and endangered.

Michael is about three feet, seven-inches tall and weighs 50 pounds. He has blonde hair and blue eyes. He answers to the nickname "Monkey."

Michael was wearing a light blue shirt with a Minecraft picture on it, dark blue boxer briefs and sandals.

Idaho Mountain Rescue brought in highly-trained and rescue personnel to assist in the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member