ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what time they will resume this morning? With the scooter information - hit and run and buried him in the yard possibly?
I updated his media thread

I wonder if there might have been an auto vs. scooter incident. If that sort of speculation is not allowed, apologies. I haven’t posted in ages and don’t recall if speculation of that type is permissible.
Do you mean he was hit by a car and the driver killed him and hid the body? I guess that would be the best scenario (based on the other horrible options).

You’d think multiple neighbors would have Ring cameras that would have shown him out and about. This is an unusual case. Also, I never understood what it never got more attention in the media or WS.

It's gone very quiet here since last night! Is the search still going on today?
The search is underway. There are two reporters on twitter who are giving regular updates from the site, although they haven't updated anything today except they were on their way out there: KTVB and another reporter - if you search the hashtag Michael Vaughan, you will see the reporters.

Isn’t there a better way to search land before digging it up? Ground penetrating radar or cadaver dogs? Even a type of X-ray I think? If he is there, using a huge excavator makes me worry it could damage remains or evidence.
I imagine they know what they're doing. They're not just going to blindly excavate. They've been diligently working this case for over a year, I don't believe they'll jeopardise it now.

Do you mean he was hit by a car and the driver killed him and hid the body? I guess that would be the best scenario (based on the other horrible options).

You’d think multiple neighbors would have Ring cameras that would have shown him out and about. This is an unusual case. Also, I never understood what it never got more attention in the media or WS.
I agree, you’d think he would have been spotted on Ring cameras. Or somebody would’ve heard a collision.

What made me wonder is that it seems like a motive of trafficking would be unlikely since LE suspects remains in the yard, and while I do understand the other common motivation for kidnapping that is more specific to the kidnapper(s), I would hope odds of that decrease when a couple occupies the home. I know it’s not unheard of though.

Anyway, the mention of the scooter, and LE asking specifically about it, got me wondering if it could be possible a drunk driver or a person with some other reason to fear reporting an emergency through proper channels might have severely injured or killed him close to their home and then panicked, but I suppose someone like that would be more likely to flee the scene if it was secluded enough to not be captured on Ring cameras.

Whatever happened, and whatever the motive, it’s crushing LE seems very focused on digging up that yard looking for remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn