If This Had Been a Non-Jury Trial ....

Would Judge Perry have convicted ICA in non-jury trial ?

• No, she would acquitted of all charges

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Yes, she would have received the death penalty

Votes: 75 13.5%
  • Yes, she would have received LWOP

Votes: 274 49.4%
  • Yes, she would have received 30+ years

Votes: 121 21.8%
  • Yes, she would received 5-30 years

Votes: 64 11.5%
  • Yes, she would received the same sentence as with the jury trial

Votes: 15 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said LWOP - I'm sure she would not have walked like she did.
I still have a hard time wrapping my head around that one.
All of those jurors fell for the worst, sloppiest, laughable defence I've ever heard.

For JBP it will be "damned if you do, damned if you don't" as far as releasing the jurors names. :banghead:But whatever he decides, I will accept that decision, as I don't care who these jurors are. And really don't care to hear their justifications of why they came to their verdict.

But I do hope to hear from JBP one day as far as this case. :woohoo:

Thing is, it wasn't a non-jury trial - it's almost the same as asking if I had married bachelor #3, instead of #2, would my life have been better. Fact is, I didn't marry either because they weren't available to me.

Thing is, it wasn't a non-jury trial - it's almost the same as asking if I had married bachelor #3, instead of #2, would my life have been better. Fact is, I didn't marry either because they weren't available to me.

This was a hypothetical poll ... think of it like this trial's hypothetical defense of a pool accident (bachelor #2) and molestation by the father (bachelor #3). Fact is, I didn't marry either as they never existed and I was happy with bachelor #1 (murder).

I voted LWOP....the DP is what she deserved, but with all the appeals it would have been futile. What she did to Caylee Marie, taped, bagged and dumped in that swamp, should have kept FCA behind prison bars forever.

I voted LWOP....the DP is what she deserved, but with all the appeals it would have been futile. What she did to Caylee Marie, taped, bagged and dumped in that swamp, should have kept FCA behind prison bars forever.

If she had been a 25 year old black male , she would be on death row now.

And if this was a non-jury trial and the judge set her free, we would only be mad at ONE person rather than 12 plus strangers!!! No judge would have set her free, IMHO.

I believe he would have found her guilty and given her at minimum 30 years. He's intelligent enough to see the truth for what it really is imo.

For JBP it will be "damned if you do, damned if you don't" as far as releasing the jurors names. :banghead:But whatever he decides, I will accept that decision, as I don't care who these jurors are. And really don't care to hear their justifications of why they came to their verdict.

I agree with your post. I don't think that the jurors names are worth knowing. I think that I know all I care to know about them. I do not care to hear their empty excuses. I would, however, would like for their names to never grace a juror pool again.:twocents:

I agree with your post. I don't think that the jurors names are worth knowing. I think that I know all I care to know about them. I do not care to hear their empty excuses. I would, however, would like for their names to never grace a juror pool again.:twocents: I do believe that jurors should go through a training phase and tested for their qualification to serve prior to being available for jury duty.

I agree with your post. I don't think that the jurors names are worth knowing. I think that I know all I care to know about them. I do not care to hear their empty excuses. I would, however, would like for their names to never grace a juror pool again.:twocents: I do believe that jurors should go through a training phase and tested for their qualification to serve prior to being available for jury duty.
BBM
Good idea.

Sad, but true. Like Orwell's Animal Farm.."All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others."

Absolutely. I expect this case will be used to highlight the gap in who gets found guilty and DP sentences.

I wish I could hit this post a thousand times with :goodpost:
I 100% AGREE with you. I don't care to ever know who they are. If Caylee had the 12 that were on the W-Jeff's trial here in Texas, Caylee would have had JUSTICE.

I wish I could hit this post a thousand times with :goodpost:
I 100% AGREE with you. I don't care to ever know who they are. If Caylee had the 12 that were on the W-Jeff's trial here in Texas, Caylee would have had JUSTICE.

If Caylee would have had ANY OTHER 12, Caylee would have justice today.

If Caylee would have had ANY OTHER 12, Caylee would have justice today.
I agree that this jury was incompetent, but couldn't JBP have overturned their decision on the spot if he had wanted to? I think he is being protective of this jury (not wanting to release their names) because he was the one who pushed them through during voir dire. He wanted to get the trial moving quickly. Perhaps he thought the evidence against KC was so outstanding that even someone with bricks for brains would vote guilty to at least manslaughter. However he didn't seem to ensure that this jury was death penalty qualified, and he paid the price for rushing too much and not ensuring they understood the meaning of reasonable doubt and circumstantial evidence. In retrospect he could be feeling guilty about the role he played in this jury selection and his instructions before deliberations, and the subsequent poor consequences that resulted from his overconfidence.

Both the defence and prosecution cases likely would have been quite different if they were presenting to a judge rather than a jury, so it is hard to be sure.

If he was an appointed judge he would likely follow the law and the standards of evidence. If he was elected then in a high profile case it is possible that he would follow general public sentiment and convict irrespective of the evidence.

But, assuming he respects the law I don't think he would have convicted her of the homicide charges because the evidence simply wasn't there. Given the circumstances of the case he might have convicted on the child neglect charge however, in addition to the false information charges. It depends on what the criteria for aggravated child neglect as opposed to "regular" child neglect are. You could argue that Caylee was not in KA's care when all this happened, and that the GPs had her. So, a conviction there would depend on if the state proved that KA had physical custody at the time (beyond what the GPs claim).

There is no doubt that her behaviour post-mortem was reprehensible, but that is not a crime (unless it involved being an accessory after the fact, but she was not charged with that).

There is no doubt that her behaviour post-mortem was reprehensible, but that is not a crime (unless it involved being an accessory after the fact, but she was not charged with that).

((respectfully snipped))

The 12 were the accessories after the fact. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kennedy1227