If This Had Been a Non-Jury Trial ....

Would Judge Perry have convicted ICA in non-jury trial ?

• No, she would acquitted of all charges

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Yes, she would have received the death penalty

Votes: 75 13.5%
  • Yes, she would have received LWOP

Votes: 274 49.4%
  • Yes, she would have received 30+ years

Votes: 121 21.8%
  • Yes, she would received 5-30 years

Votes: 64 11.5%
  • Yes, she would received the same sentence as with the jury trial

Votes: 15 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand when folks are saying she is guilty of first degree, but not enough for the death penalty. Are folks saying there is mitigation to not have the DP imposed? If the aggravators outweighed the mitigators, then the DP would be the law, and I think HJJP would have sentenced it.

Now the TH's are discussing her release.They could release her
in another State...Oh god please not Ohio. I do believe a Judge would have
found her guilty,for one thing he knows all about her. Any Judge would know.
We'll see what happens next.

I think he realized a dangerous sociopath was about to be released. Had it been a bench trial, he would have convicted her.

MOO

I so so agree cami..KC would have been found guilty of a felony murder of her daughter..simply because JP understood the EVIDENCE..and knew exactly what JB was doing..However 12 jurors who got pre-disposed during voire dire apparantly needed to have the "Smoking Gun" and very easily believed due to Family Dysfunction SHE (KC) was not necesssarily proven guilty..Geesh..

Maybe its because they mentally put fingers in their ears and listened to LA LA LA during the scientific evidence..and excused her social lying and happy hours because "Parental Units" were too demanding..Geesh!!!

CA was a real B I T C $ but for crying in the gravy..her daughter hid it and didnt come to her until 7 months along in pregnancy..Yikes...I also assume KC's behavior prior were rather <self modsnip>...LOL..Bottomline KC used and abused her "LYING ABILITY" to snow job her parents initially ...her "Knight in Shining Armour",JB and eventually thru her lawyers during "Voir Dire" Plant the indeation of MERCY...I have to say JP even allowing this is beyond me..but he did and Anne F. ran with it..forever!!

JP would MOST definately would have found her guilty of Felony Murder..Maybe Not 1st..but KC would be in jail for decades following that type of trial..JB not to mention all the Media (I do believe Jurors did hear LKB and others who kept preaching!!)..

I am so appreciative of the efforts to disable "Media Bucks" to DT and KC for windfall of $$$$..Keep it up folks:seeya:

I think JP would've have met them somewhere in the middle... like, 20 years maybe?
I voted: Yes, she would received 5-30 years

I heard the plea bargain was only for 10 years...??

I believe HHJP would have given KC the Killer the DP. She deserved it and he has done it before to woman who killed and IMHO, KC's crimes were so much worse than hers.

Just my :twocents:

JP, in my opinion would have given a sentence of LWOP or, possibly the exact number (82) that was on the front of her blue hoodie she wore in one of her first arrest pictures. Actually...the one she purchased with AH stolen money!

LMAO! I read this as Judge Judy when I voted. Judge Judy would have given the DP just for all the lying, haha. :floorlaugh:

I think HHJP would have followed the Jury suggestion of DP or not.

ETA: Oh jeez, I see I messed up the whole thing! A non-jury trial! Sorry no coffee yet. Hmmm I think LWOP.

It would have been Murder 2. So, whatever that sentence was is what I honestly believe would have been handed down.

I think he would have done the same as the jury. Burden of proof. The thing is, a lot of evidence was not allowed in because of the rules. He had to go with what was presented, and reasonable doubt was there. :twocents:

I believe HHJP would have given KC the Killer the DP. She deserved it and he has done it before to woman who killed and IMHO, KC's crimes were so much worse than hers.

Just my :twocents:
Oh I agree. He knew she deserved it too.

The case of Teresa Lewis, the last woman we executed in Virginia (in 2010)...she thought going with the judge instead of a jury would be better because she had cooperated with police, admitted her crimes, that the evidence against her would overwhelm a jury but a judge would take mercy....oopsy, she thought wrong.

Meaning, Judges are trained to think critically, correctly process all the evidence and most likely render a fair and correct verdict if you are truly innocent (or truly guilty!)

I agree, he would have know exactly how to use the evidence, or lack thereof, and he would have known exactly what the SA had to prove and didnt have to prove. He probably knows how to read people very well also(witnesses, etc)

I really dont think the jurors understood their job. :maddening:

I think he would have given her the DP.

He prosecuted a woman for killing her husbands. He went for the DP and got it then watched her execution via the electric chair.

IMO

Is there any information available as to what evidence was presented in that case? It would be interesting to compare the two side-by-side.

There Was A Death Penalty Case In Arizona In Which The Defendant Chose To Plead His Case To A Judge { Bench Trial } Instead Of A Jury. He Was Found Guilty. And The Same Judge Then Sentenced Him To Death. Time Of Offense Was December 1999. On July 9th, 2001, Defendant Was Sentenced To Death. On June 6th, 2006, The Arizona Supreme Court Unanimously Decided That Defendant Did Not Give Up His Right To A Jury Sentencing When He Waived His Right To A Jury Trial In 2000 . His Death Sentence Was Vacated And Jury Sentencing Was Held. In 2009 Jury Also Sentenced Defendant To Death.

I Do Not Know If This Varies From State To State Or If It Is Now Federal Law That Juries, Not Judges Must Decide Death Penalty Cases. I Believe Judge Strickland Recused Himself In Part For Having A Conversation With Someone Who Ran An Online Blog
"I signaled him up and I said, 'You know, I saw your blog. It's very civilized. Keep up the good work,' and that was it," said Strickland.
And In Part Because Because He Had Never Sentenced Anyone To Death.

So I Am Wondering Because These Decisions Are Somewhat New { 2006 }. In Florida Can Someone Be Sentenced To Death In A Bench Trial ? Or Must It Be A Jury Trial ?

I Believe If This Would Have Been A Bench Trial With Judge Perry ~ He Would Have Found Her Guilty On All Charges And Would Have Sentenced Her To The Maximum ~ Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname