IL - 4 in custody after man tortured on Facebook Live, Chicago, Jan 2017 *GRAPHIC*

Once the leash was placed around his neck, he was considered legally kidnapped.

What happened to him is horrendous. What also makes me angry is the bad guys laugh and don't care. Who taught these creatures not to care when they create evil deeds?

Chicago Superintendent Eddie Johnson called #BLMKidnapping a prank, just kids being kids.... pic.twitter.com/Fd445iUMbd
5:35 PM - 4 Jan 2017
View image on Twitter:

He said the incident didn't appear to be politically motivated.

" I think part of it is just stupidity." Johnson said. People ranting about something they think might make a headline. At this point we don't have anything to point [toward a hate crime] but we'll keep investigating and let the facts guide us on how this concludes."

" If you looked at the video, it was just stupidity."
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/816820434679103489/photo/1

I KNEW they were not going to prosecute this as a hate crime. I bet they don't even get much jail time-if any.

Shouldn't this be a hate crime because the victim has a disability

Facebook Live video shows disabled man tied up, beaten as captors yell 'F--- white people!'

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/0...up-beaten-as-captors-yell-f-white-people.html

Police said the unidentified 18-year-old victim lives in Crystal Lake, a northwestern suburb of Chicago. Investigators believe he met some acquaintances in Streamwood, a neighboring suburb. The group then drove him to Chicago in a stolen vehicle, Fox 32 Chicago reported.

Chicago Superintendent Eddie Johnson called #BLMKidnapping a prank, just kids being kids.... pic.twitter.com/Fd445iUMbd
View image on Twitter:

" I think part of it is just stupidity." Johnson said. People ranting about something they think might make a headline. At this point we don't have anything to point [toward a hate crime] but we'll keep investigating and let the facts guide us on how this concludes."

I KNEW they were not going to prosecute this as a hate crime. I bet they don't even get much jail time-if any.

bbmAfter seeing him say this I am not surprised to hear that this may not be a hate crime.

"It makes you wonder what would make individuals treat somebody like that,” Johnson said during a news conference. "I've been a cop for 28 years and I've seen things that you shouldn't see. It still amazes me how you still see things that you just shouldn't."

"I'm not going to say it shocked me but it was sickening."

"It makes you wonder what would make individuals treat somebody like that,” Johnson said during a news conference. "I've been a cop for 28 years and I've seen things that you shouldn't see. It still amazes me how you still see things that you just shouldn't."

http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2017/01/03/police-superintendent-eddie-johnson-chicago-s-violent-2016

I think the country needs to speak up about hate crime charges. jmo

View image on Twitter:

A prank?

This won't end well.

bbmAfter seeing him say this I am not surprised to hear that this may not be a hate crime.

http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2017/01/03/police-superintendent-eddie-johnson-chicago-s-violent-2016

I think the country needs to speak up about hate crime charges. jmo

I am confused as to why this isn't just attempted murder??

I agree, I can't watch either. It's to the point of numbness. All the violent crimes. The mayor needs to step down in utter shame. We were there a couple months ago for a ball game, friends an family kept saying the problems are over there (meaning another part of the city). I kept saying no the problem is in city hall. Jmo.

ciao

This is actually the first video I recall not being able to watch -- I clicked - lasted about 15 seconds and said nope not doing it.

How many hits did it get - I am not clicking on it again

I didn't realize they held this guy for so long.... news this morning said LE believe he was held 24-48 hrs!

They have him running on all fours like a dog, drinking water from the toilet like a dog and place a dog leash on him to bind him with. If this is not deemed a kidnapping, it is torture and forcible confinement. I hope they will all be charged appropriately.

OMG! Thanks, I couldn't finish watching the video, it made me sick to my stomach. To hear this was a special needs boy that they KNEW was special needs makes it even more appalling. Not that it would be any less of a crime if it wasn't someone who was special needs, it just makes it all the more disgusting.

How could someone hold another person against their will at knife point for several days, brutalize and torture him, and it NOT be a kidnapping, at the least? Simply ASSAULT? They called and taunted his parents during the time he was reported missing? I'm aghast.

If the law doesn't protect our mentally disabled I will be infuriated. This reminds me of the one case out of Idaho, John Howard was the main perp, and got off so lightly for sexually assaulting a black mentally disabled man while using racial slurs. THAT was a hate crime. THIS was a hate crime. On multi levels.

Police say formal charges are expected to be filed Thursday against four suspects in connection with a half-hour video, which exploded on social media, that appears to show at least one black man torturing and taunting a white man and making disparaging remarks about President-elect Donald Trump.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...soon-suspects-chicago-torture-video/96191382/

In the video, a male is seen slicing open the victim's jacket sleeve and also fingering a bleeding wound on the top of his head. A woman in the video laughs at the activity during the video.

Investigators will "determine whether or not this is sincere or just stupid ranting and raving," Duffin said when asked about the language used in the recording.

Curious why this is in the media reference forum and not crimes in the news.

I don't understand what they mean by determining if it was sincere. Was a man kidnapped? Yes. Was he physically and mentally tortured and harmed? Yes. Seems their actions were sincere to me.

Not sure how it works, but I thought the DOJ makes the decision on a hate crime because it's a federal crime.

Also, is it the police superintendents job to determine motive at all?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back