IL - 4 in custody after man tortured on Facebook Live, Chicago, Jan 2017 *GRAPHIC*

I can't watch a video of anyone being abused either - social media can be such a blessing but when it's used in this manner it's just nauseating.

Some days I hate the world we live in.

Well mate yes I did just watch the video. Yes, I agree it is stupidity, the whole bloody thing is beyond stupid and so is your interpretation of it. If you can't see the stupidity included heinous, sick, despicable CRIMES you need to quit your job!!

I'm seething and I despair :banghead:

No, he needs to be FIRED from his job. Just like the woman who called Michele Obama an ape in heels.
And that was just talk, no injury, torture, or disabled person involved.

[FONT=&quot]The 18-year-old suspects — identified as Jordan Hill, Tesfaye Cooper, Brittany Covington and Tanishia Covington — were charged Thursday ahead of an afternoon bond hearing.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]hate crime, aggravated kidnapping, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]aggravated unlawful restraint and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ening-facebook-live-torture-n703456?cid=sm_tw
[/FONT]

This is so nauseating. I'm glad they are being charged with hate crimes.

It really bothers me that they picked him up in Streamwood, then took him to the west side. That is AT LEAST 45 minutes with him in the car (and that's if they took the expressways).

45 minutes to realize that this is asinine, 45 minutes to reconsider.

This is one of those stories that makes me wish I could go hide on an island somewhere and never see people again.

Facebook Live video shows disabled man tied up, beaten as captors yell 'F--- white people!'

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/0...up-beaten-as-captors-yell-f-white-people.html

Police said the unidentified 18-year-old victim lives in Crystal Lake, a northwestern suburb of Chicago. Investigators believe he met some acquaintances in Streamwood, a neighboring suburb. The group then drove him to Chicago in a stolen vehicle, Fox 32 Chicago reported.

bbm and the stolen car charges?

Well mate yes I did just watch the video. Yes, I agree it is stupidity, the whole bloody thing is beyond stupid and so is your interpretation of it. If you can't see the stupidity included heinous, sick, despicable CRIMES you need to quit your job!!

I'm seething and I despair :banghead:

I don't think he is saying that the totality of the crimes was just stupidity, rather the 'Trump' taunts. That the reasoning for the crimes were not actually politically motivated, and that that particular aspect of the video is just stupidity.
A handful of morons using buzzwords. They wanted this video to go viral, and tossing Trumps name around probably seemed like a 'good idea' to them, given the views many other videos of people being attacked (physically or verbally) for being either pro or anti Trump have been getting recently.

Jordan Hill, 18, was charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, robbery, residential burglary; Tesfaye Cooper, 18, was charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and residential burglary; Brittany Covington, 18, was charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and residential burglary; Tanishia Covington, 24, was charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

Hill is from Carpentersville and the others are Chicago residents.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/0...n-chicago-beating-shown-on-facebook-live.html

Race and/or disability is a consideration of hate crime in IL. Ari Melber said on MSNBC. Also, the fact that they streamed on FB is an aggravating factor. JMO If convicted on all charges, he said up to 30 years in the pokey. JMO

Jordan Hill, 18, was charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, robbery, residential burglary; Tesfaye Cooper, 18, was charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and residential burglary; Brittany Covington, 18, was charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and residential burglary; Tanishia Covington, 24, was charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

Hill is from Carpentersville and the others are Chicago residents.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/0...n-chicago-beating-shown-on-facebook-live.html

This video says there will be a PC later today.

I'm glad they realized the severity of the crimes at hand. I imagine they will try to plead down.

Race and/or disability is a consideration of hate crime in IL. Ari Melber said on MSNBC. Also, the fact that they streamed on FB is an aggravating factor. JMO If convicted on all charges, he said up to 30 years in the pokey. JMO

bbm That would be wonder. We as a civilized society don't need the likes of them out and about.

Charged with a hate crime -FOXNews

Race and disability

I have to admit I am shocked but I am also extremely happy to see equal justice for this young man. Everyone wins when the laws are applied equally.

They threw the book at them all. Good.

I think the police superintendent may have received a lot of backlash from concerned citizens about him trying to dismiss these horrific acts as kids just being kids.

These four are certainly not kids and because they are adults if convicted their sentences will be much more severe.

I wonder what the residential burglary charges are for?

IMO

I have to admit I am shocked but I am also extremely happy to see equal justice for this young man. Everyone wins when the laws are applied equally.

They threw the book at them all. Good.

I think the police superintendent may have received a lot of backlash from concerned citizens about him trying to dismiss these horrific acts as kids just being kids.

These four are certainly not kids and because they are adults if convicted their sentences will be much more severe.

I wonder what the residential burglary charges are for?

IMO

Did someone say the house they were walking around looked virtually empty? Maybe they broke into an empty home to have their 'fun'

Good to see the charges, was getting worried there for a bit

I think they had to increase the charges and throw the book at them because of the public backlash. If not for that, tis would have been handled in the usual Chicago lenient way. JMO

Did someone say the house they were walking around looked virtually empty? Maybe they broke into an empty home to have their 'fun'

Good to see the charges, was getting worried there for a bit

Ah, that may be it. Thanks. I didn't/couldn't make myself watch the video so I didn't see that.

Yes, I am so happy to see all of the charges against all of them too..

When someone can post the mugshots that would be great, I have seen one and she is balling her eyes out. :whine:

I think they had to increase the charges and throw the book at them because of the public backlash. If not for that, tis would have been handled in the usual Chicago lenient way. JMO

Agree 100%!

When someone can post the mugshots that would be great, I have seen one and she is balling her eyes out. :whine:

That's not her, it's another girl called Brittany (according to The Heavy)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back