IL IL - Christie Cales, 40, Blue Island, 11 March 1998

So we still don't know if it's true that DP supposedly dated Stacy's sister, right?

Do we know enough now at least to say that DP knew Stacy the same time her mom disappeared for the last time?

It sounds like Christie Cales had some serious problems. Certainly, she was grief-stricken with the death of her two young children, the one (Jessica?) who died in a house fire in 1982 and Laci who died of SIDS in 1987. If her husband, Anthony Cales, had an alcohol problem and wasn't supportive, that would have made it all the more difficult. A divorce, on top of her grief, may have just been too much.

I think it's possible we'll never know what happened to Christie Cales.

One daughter died in a house fire, one died of sids. Tina died last year of cancer.

Am I getting this right??? How unlucky was this family?? Does this mean that Stacey's mother would have lost of all her children?

One to a fire
One to SIDS
One to Cancer
and now one possibly to murder??

27 miles is close?

Yes. These are all suburbs of Chicago. Within the Chicagoland metropolitan area.

Blue Island borders Chicago on the south side.

Bolingbrook is "out in the boonies" but is still considered a suburb.

Many people commute to Chicago from Bolingbrook on a daily basis for their jobs, shopping, etc. so that drive is considered "nothing" to most suburbanites.

ETA: Also, there are A LOT of Chicago cops and firefighters that live on the southernmost border of the city, as the city requires them to live within the city limits as a condition of their employment. It's possible that some areas that are considered Blue Island have Chicago zip codes and are then thought of as a city address, so maybe DP had some Chicago cop buddies living in or around Blue Island....

Yes. These are all suburbs of Chicago. Within the Chicagoland metropolitan area.

Blue Island borders Chicago on the south side.

Bolingbrook is "out in the boonies" but is still considered a suburb.

Many people commute to Chicago from Bolingbrook on a daily basis for their jobs, shopping, etc. so that drive is considered "nothing" to most suburbanites.

ETA: Also, there are A LOT of Chicago cops and firefighters that live on the southernmost border of the city, as the city requires them to live within the city limits as a condition of their employment. It's possible that some areas that are considered Blue Island have Chicago zip codes and are then thought of as a city address, so maybe DP had some Chicago cop buddies living in or around Blue Island....

I think Drew has "buddies" everywhere. I grew up L.A., same thing, big city surrounded by burbs. 27 miles is not close enough to make a connection based on distance. It's not like they would have been hanging out together at the local bar or running into each other at the grocery story.

I think Drew has "buddies" everywhere. I grew up L.A., same thing, big city surrounded by burbs. 27 miles is not close enough to make a connection based on distance. It's not like they would have been hanging out together at the local bar or running into each other at the grocery story.

You never know, he may have been traveling there regularly to meet up with or see his friends.

I grew up in Chicago and still have many friends in Chicago. Even though I now live more than 30 miles from my friends, I still go down there at least once a month, sometimes twice, and hang out with them at the local bar or their houses or downtown.

After reading and rereading, I really can't see the Lion having anything to do with Christine's disappearnce.

But that little nagging doubt, just won't leave me.

Late last night I read Gretawire comments regarding last night's interviews. Towards the ends of the comments there was a post by breezesblue at 2:22am as follows:

Comment by breezesblue November 13th, 2007 at 2:22 am

if this post already posted then please ignore…thank you
GRETA…PLEASE READ…IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Greta…
I’ve posted this before but hopefully you will see this one… I HAVE FOUND INFORMATION ON A “CHRISTIE CALES”. I don’t want to post this information on here out of respect for her privacy if this isn’t Stacys mother. I do alot of investigation work and use professional sources.
I’ve been trying to find an email address to send you the information but I haven’t been able to find one…please email me and I’ll gladly forward the information.
Keep up the great job.
Peace!
~BB~

Leila:

I also have been trying to search for Christina Cales, but have a very slow modem line.................(50.6kbs) and it I was still waiting for over 3 hours later yesterday just for NEWSPAPERS ARTICLES written in 3/1998 from the Blue Island area newspaper.

I hope BB, can get a hold of Greta and share the information she/he has.

It seems to me that with all the national publicity Stacy's case is deservedly receiving, that someone would be online who knew her, and could give us more details about DP hanging around these women ( and a minor aged girl) if he did. I think it's more likely that he did than that he didn't, but where are Christie's friends and family who could possibly shed light on what happened to her?

If I knew that Drew Peterson interacted with Christie, then she disappeared, then his wife died a suspicious death and with the news of Stacy's disappearance with foul play likely involved, I would be calling state LE, emailing Greta, going online to tell people, you name it.

Jana:

I am thinking likewise. I did do a timeline trying to see if there was a possiblity that DP was hanging around Stacy (or even Tina, as there is still an UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMOR that he had dated her) prior to Christie's disappearnce.

It is so close, this it can't be ruled out.

the above should have Tina's name first then Stacy according to their ages.

(Tina was older than Stacy).

Leila:

I also have been trying to search for Christina Cales, but have a very slow modem line.................(50.6kbs) and it I was still waiting for over 3 hours later yesterday just for NEWSPAPERS ARTICLES written in 3/1998 from the Blue Island area newspaper.

I've also done some preliminary research into Christie Cales, and can't find anything after her disappearance.

There's numerous possibilities. She could be deceased; she could be alive and just based on her prior behavior, too overwhelmed by this news to react and contact her surviving daughters; she could have undergone some sort of therapy for her problems and is now remarried (hence why we can't find anything), but is afraid.

With all the news about Stacy, her DAUGHTER, who is considered missing, or even murdered:

I can only theorized two possibilities:

1.) If she did indeed leave because of the stress of losing two daughters, one in 1982, and one in 1987, YET, DOESN'T TAKE OFF UNTIL 1998???? (6 years after the last daughter's death)?? That possibly this lastest information, if she is alive, has sent her over the edge.

2.) She is unaware of Stacy's disappearance, because she
herself is no longer alive.

I honestly can't fathom any other possibilites. Anyone else??

Leila:

FYI: Blue Island doesn't have a newspaper as far as I"m aware of. They read the Chicago newspapers or the Daily Southtown.

The more popularly read Chicago newspapers are as follows:
- Chicago Sun-Times
- Chicago Tribune
- Daily Southtown
- Daily Herald
- Joliet Herald

Then suburbanites in the western and southwestern suburbs would read any newspaper published by Suburban Chicago News (part of the Sun-Times Newsgroup).

Is this the Christie we're researching?

California Birth Index, 1905-1995
about Christie Lynn Cales

Name: Christie Lynn Cales
Birth Date: 21 Feb 1947
Mother's Maiden Name: Hutchings
Birth County: Alameda

Don't know dee, but if so, that would make her only 3 months away from turning 61.The records I found show an age of 49, and for Stacy's dad Anthony, 53.

I also found her middle initial to be be 'M', IF the records I found are correct.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back