Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not related, but a body was found in Indianapolis today. No ID or details as of now. The body was in the White River.

I wonder if there's a certain demographic that would buy and drive this particular car? Like, young/middle-aged/elderly people? Low income or middle class or well to do people? Appeals more likely to males or females? Is it a family car? Is it a fast car appealing to young males? etc.
I would think the four door hatchback model would appeal to families, older people, and just anyone (male/female, young/old) who liked to pack a lot of things inside the car (bike, camping, fishing, supplies, work materials, traveler) but not want an SUV or van. The coupe is sportier but not realistic for someone who needed extra space.

It occurs to me that unlike many other missing person cases, and despite the time that's transpired, there have been none of the typical community searches wherein people gather together to search fields, woods, etc. Moreover, IF FBI had found signs of blood or a major struggle in the car when found, I think they might’ve enlisted local help to search the area. Am hoping all this means that law enforcement has good reasons to believe Yingying is alive and they are on her trail.
With that said, and despite initially thinking this was likely a typical stranger-abduction-of-a-young-female, there are enough oddities to this case by now that I do wonder if it won’t turn out to have some twist to it?

[video=twitter;880134771170570242]https://twitter.com/ui7news/status/880134771170570242[/video]

[video=twitter;880152789950713856]https://twitter.com/fbispringfield/status/880152789950713856[/video]

[video=twitter;880154145562533888]https://twitter.com/ui7news/status/880154145562533888[/video]

http://www.news-gazette.com/audio/2017-06-28/06-28-17-jim-turpin-julia-rietz.html

Radio interview with the Champaign County States Attorney Julia Reitz.

Discussion about Yingyings case starts at approximately 5 minutes 30 seconds.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thank you Lorem I have already listened to 36:39 minutes of radio show....and NOT ONE LISTENER CALLED IN WITH A QUESTION.
about missing university student. Only the host of the show asked about the investigation. (She , Julia Reitz, has a nice voice and extremely interesting. Most "odd" was the comment, (paraphrasing) "If you have information ""feel free to call in."" Perhaps that is her natural intonation, moderation at all times? Spoke about a lot of other topics, though. I can't even imagine the number of issues that come across her desk in a day.
Maybe ya'll will interpret it differently than me....but I did not sense any urgency or asking for desperately needed tips.
http://www.news-gazette.com/audio/2017-06-28/06-28-17-jim-turpin-julia-rietz.html

It occurs to me that unlike many other missing person cases, and despite the time that's transpired, there have been none of the typical community searches wherein people gather together to search fields, woods, etc. Moreover, IF FBI had found signs of blood or a major struggle in the car when found, I think they might’ve enlisted local help to search the area. Am hoping all this means that law enforcement has good reasons to believe Yingying is alive and they are on her trail.
With that said, and despite initially thinking this was likely a typical stranger-abduction-of-a-young-female, there are enough oddities to this case by now that I do wonder if it won’t turn out to have some twist to it?

That is odd that there hasn't been any searches for her.
Maybe the twist is she knew this person & it was a scheduled meeting, maybe so it'd be seen on camera to portray a kidnapping, but in reality she left on her own with this person. She could've been planning this since she got to the US. Maybe there's a reason she chose to go to THIS school over another in her homeland. Maybe she felt pressure from her family or her boyfriend to do certain things, maybe she met someone online, I don't know, but something is off & up until now, I wasn't sure what it was, but reading someone else state concerns about searches, it CLICKED!!!! So why hasn't there been any searches, or none the public is aware of.

Idk I've been reading along but hadn't contributed, until now, but there's just something that doesn't sit right with me about the whole thing. Could be totally wrong, but then again, we've all seen it here on WS, stranger things have happened!!!

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

From the Saturday, June 17 link: "Around 9:30 p.m. Saturday, crews from Indianapolis Fire Department and Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department responded to a report of a body in White River, near West Washington Street and North White River Parkway West Drive. A citizen (teen) took a photo of what they believed to be a male body in the river and reported it to authorities, leading to a recovery investigation by IFD crews, including a dive team."

June 19: http://www.theindychannel.com/news/search-continues-for-body-in-white-river
"The Indianapolis Fire Department's scuba recovery team briefly resumed their search for a body in the White River Monday morning, but found nothing."

From the Wednesday, June 28 link: "A body was pulled from the White River on Indianapolis' west side Wednesday afternoon. Crews were called to the area Saulcy Street near N. White River Parkway just north of the Indianapolis Zoo just before 2 p.m. after a fisherman called to say they found a body floating in the river. "

Very confused. They searched for a body but never found it and now they've found it? Or two different bodies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is odd that there hasn't been any searches for her.
Maybe the twist is she knew this person & it was a scheduled meeting, maybe so it'd be seen on camera to portray a kidnapping, but in reality she left on her own with this person. She could've been planning this since she got to the US. Maybe there's a reason she chose to go to THIS school over another in her homeland. Maybe she felt pressure from her family or her boyfriend to do certain things, maybe she met someone online, I don't know, but something is off & up until now, I wasn't sure what it was, but reading someone else state concerns about searches, it CLICKED!!!! So why hasn't there been any searches, or none the public is aware of.

Idk I've been reading along but hadn't contributed, until now, but there's just something that doesn't sit right with me about the whole thing. Could be totally wrong, but then again, we've all seen it here on WS, stranger things have happened!!!

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

It's super interesting to me that there haven't been any searches, but one simple reason may be that they just didn't have an area in mind to search.

There's no point in organizing a large search of the area she was taken because it's clear she was taken away from that area. LE would've done their own search for evidence but that's it.

Now that they've found the car I am hoping that there's an organized search in that area. I'm sure LE will search before involving volunteers if it's an area they can cover on their own- there are a lot of officers working on this case!

The car is a huge break... Praying for more info and the safe return of YingYing!

If I am reading the map correctly the car that Yingying got into was going in the opposite direction of where the apartment was located.

No, it was going in the same direction as the apartment was located. It was headed north and the complex was north of there.

It's super interesting to me that there haven't been any searches, but one simple reason may be that they just didn't have an area in mind to search.

There's no point in organizing a large search of the area she was taken because it's clear she was taken away from that area. LE would've done their own search for evidence but that's it.

Now that they've found the car I am hoping that there's an organized search in that area. I'm sure LE will search before involving volunteers if it's an area they can cover on their own- there are a lot of officers working on this case!

The car is a huge break... Praying for more info and the safe return of YingYing!

I have not heard that her phone was left behind. Surely there would be pings on towers?

Re video of the car they found that she entered into I said earlier once they knew she was in that car I'm betting they have pulled video from every business with camera's along that route. Banks, gas stations and any others with cameras.

I think by now they pretty much know what they are dealing with. Cell phone records have probably been ordered and by now they have to also have them to maybe know who she was communicating with previously to her disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member