Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a local. There is NO WAY any sort of comprehensive search of any of Champaign County could have been conducted without people knowing about it........

That may be because the leads and tips they have been following indicated that the body wasn't in Champaign County, but perhaps somewhere in a neighboring one instead..........

Naaaah. From his profiles, he enjoys giving, not receiving. Take the 15 minutes. In fact, make it 45. Just to be extra sure......
take 5 hrs.. i'll give you a hand.. no rush..

That may be because the leads and tips they have been following indicated that the body wasn't in Champaign County, but perhaps somewhere in a neighboring one instead..........
there is absolutely no evidence or confirmation regarding whether it was searched or not.

As a local. There is NO WAY any sort of comprehensive search of any of Champaign County could have been conducted without people knowing about it. Living here, I am VERY confident that LE has not conducted a search. <modsnip>

confidence is not cutting it here.
do you have a single piece of evidence that it was not searched ?
Are you in contact with LE and did they tell you it had been searched.
What evidence do you have that lE organised or failed to organise a search?
<modsnip>

Stop the snark, criticizing, and bickering in this thread or loss of posting privileges may occur.

If only we knew
-hours chip was missing from his phone
- hours phone was switched off
-the most likely place he stopped with her to tie her up prior to bringing her to his apartment
- methodology used to incapacitate her immediately she entered his car.

the third is something we can still discuss.
quiet lay-bys.. within the city along the route northbound that he took after abducting her?
Need local knowledge for this.

The new indictment also alleges Christensen used a cellphone and a vehicle, both instruments of interstate commerce, to commit the offense. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4946738/Suspect-scholars-disappearance-charged-kidnapping.html

I understand the basics of interstate commerce and I understand the using of the vehicle but I do not understand 'the use of the phone' in this case??
Does anybody know how he might have used his phone in this regard, apart from the obvious looking up abduction methodologies and membership of various bdsm groups and organisations which could have provided inspiration and techniques but not necessarily direct connection to whatever he actually did.?

there is absolutely no evidence or confirmation regarding whether it was searched or not.

They, especially UIPD, have always encouraged people to call in with tips, no matter how small and seemingly inconsequential. Officially, they still are. They may not have tried to organize large search groups for subsequent searches of rural/park areas in Champaign County from July to present, because they may have had many tips given to them for a disposal location and they wanted to send small teams of investigators out to look in those places so that potential evidence would not be displaced or destroyed if they did find something.

Very very early on, starting on the 10th-11th, UIPD was suggesting areas between where she was picked up and One North, (and surrounding wooded areas) for a large group of Chinese and other student volunteers to search, and advising them on things to look for. These searches went on for about a week, if I recall.

The new indictment also alleges Christensen used a cellphone and a vehicle, both instruments of interstate commerce, to commit the offense. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4946738/Suspect-scholars-disappearance-charged-kidnapping.html

I understand the basics of interstate commerce and I understand the using of the vehicle but I do not understand 'the use of the phone' in this case??
Does anybody know how he might have used his phone in this regard, apart from the obvious looking up abduction methodologies and membership of various bdsm groups and organisations which could have provided inspiration and techniques but not necessarily direct connection to whatever he actually did.?

From what I understand, the "interstate commerce" in this instance is that the phone was manufactured outside of Illinois. Ditto the Saturn. I think this is one of the ways that the Feds can justify their involvement in kidnapping cases that don't involve crossing of a state line during commission of the act or subsequent resulting acts.......

I think he shot a video of the murder, I always have. That's why the charges are what they are w/o a body, and the grand jury said what they said during the indictment. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he shot a video of the murder, I always have. That's why the charges are what they are w/o a body, and the grand jury said what they said during the indictment.

I do as well.
Need to search dark web... his surveillance commenced June 16.. he had a full week. its possible he tried to offload it for sale before that point.
I also frequently wonder whether LE obtained all his electronic devices.

From what I understand, the "interstate commerce" in this instance is that the phone was manufactured outside of Illinois. Ditto the Saturn. I think this is one of the ways that the Feds can justify their involvement in kidnapping cases that don't involve crossing of a state line during commission of the act or subsequent resulting acts.......

MOO Makes sense that those charges are used as a way to make a "federal case" out of it. Historically, I seem to recall LE using charges related to "mail fraud" in cases where the alleged mail-related crime would most likely never be prosecuted if it were the only alleged crime committed. Messing with the Postal Service can get you in loads of trouble and once the Feds are on the trail, the consequences can be exponential.

:jail:

We really appreciate your links - mods have allowed them so they are official. It is good to have confirmation from more than one source if it is not coming from LE. It would be good therefore to see LE issue statements and to see US Media confirm the info.

Thank you! But to be honest, I think you may have to wait until the trial for the info to be reported on US media

Thank you! But to be honest, I think you may have to wait until the trial for the info to be reported on US media

Its a strange thing.
I really appreciate Chinese news. Thank you.

do you have any ideas for searches or is there anything specific you think we could be doing to make any progress at all, no matter how small, towards locating YingYing?
What are people in China doing?
Are they still searching?

Thats why it's great to have people like you here, as you can give us bits of information reported there that aren't reported here. You never know, but some tiny bit of info only reported there, and subsequently shared here, might spark an epiphany in me or some other local that would suggest somewhere to look for her...... and then you never know what might happen.

I'm sure we won't get too much new info here before the trial, unless they find her or he decides to make a deal.

I do as well.
Need to search dark web... his surveillance commenced June 16.. he had a full week. its possible he tried to offload it for sale before that point.
I also frequently wonder whether LE obtained all his electronic devices.

That makes three of us . . .

Four.. But, I don't believe he put it on the internet. I think it was more of a "keepsake", as sick as that sounds, for him.

could well be , but even so I think its worth checking out, searching for his internet activity.. its possible he confided in somebody online..

I think he shot a video of the murder, I always have. That's why the charges are what they are w/o a body, and the grand jury said what they said during the indictment. Jmo

I have heard that on some Chinese social media sites, some source claiming to be close to the family is saying that investigators have pictures and/or video, and it is brutal. This has to be taken with a grain of salt, obviously, and I have been unable to find any comments like this on a couple of Chinese sites where this info was supposed to be found.

One other bit of info that might back this up slightly: About a week or so before the superseding indictment was handed down, the News-Gazette (local paper) published an unrelated story on the UIUC chancellor's recent one year anniversary on the job. In it, they highlighted how eventful his first year on the job was, and they listed some of the events, including a line at the end of a paragraph saying (paraphrasing slightly) "......... from the controversy surrounding blah, blah, blah, to the brutal murder of a Chinese student."

Now, there had been no other Chinese student killed, so they had to be talking about Yingying. Pretty much everyone new that a superseding indictment was coming and most thought it would be an upgrade to kidnapping resulting in death, but I was shocked that they would write this, given that it hadn't come yet, and that her family, who still had hope she was alive, might learn of this in the paper. Sure enough, several hours later, they edited the online version to say ".........from the controversy surrounding blah blah blah, to the kidnapping of a Chinese student." So, I suspect someone in local LE gave the paper a heads up on what was coming, and the reporter and the editor weren't thinking straight and accidentally let the cat out of the bag.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592