Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clinton lake is a 30 minute drive straight west from BC's apartment. It's a pretty big, rural woods area with a lake and trails, I wonder if they searched there...

He may not have rented anything, he may have known of a place an abandoned building, a place within easy access to his apartment.. like the cement building across the road, he may have been aware of secret parts to the building, he had perhaps used them before for trysts.. I dont know if it is known whether he actually met up with anybody from fetlife and wondering where he met them..

He may not have rented anything, he may have known of a place an abandoned building, a place within easy access to his apartment.. like the cement building across the road, he may have been aware of secret parts to the building, he had perhaps used them before for trysts.. I dont know if it is known whether he actually met up with anybody from fetlife and wondering where he met them..

My guess is that they have been trying to track down anyone and everyone he may have interacted with in-person from all of the dating sites he was on. Supposedly from his FetLife profile, he lists having attended (or being interested in attending) some sort of S&M gathering in the Champaign area. He lists himself as dating the beautiful (name redacted) on the FetLife profile (I think). I (and I'm sure I'm not alone on this) have always assumed that this is the woman who was with him at the march; if it is, my guess is the FBI got to her and convinced her to help them out with monitoring him.

Agree 100%, especially about the person at the march. I tried to look for any other meetings of the local group but couldn't find any. I bet the members of that group are horrified, the girl at the march looks like she's about to be sick if you ask me..

A legal question, I know a persons spouse cannot be compelled to testify against them, but can they do so if they choose to? And will the testimony hold up or will defense get it dismissed?

A bit of news for everyone. FOX news at 9:00 is going to do a piece on BC this Wednesday. Not sure of the depth , but the advertisements say they go to his hometown and interview some people who know him from there in Wisconsin. I'm for anything that will kinda get this case back in the public eye.

I just saw a blurb on WCIA channel 3 local news . They are doing a segment on the Zhanngs and what they are going through and what their plans are. This will be on this Thursday night at 10:00 PM central time. Hopefully the more these news outlets cover this, the more chance it gets people talking about this. And asking questions. Seriously , I live 10 minutes from Champaign and I never hear anyone talking about this case.

Agree 100%, especially about the person at the march. I tried to look for any other meetings of the local group but couldn't find any. I bet the members of that group are horrified, the girl at the march looks like she's about to be sick if you ask me..

A legal question, I know a persons spouse cannot be compelled to testify against them, but can they do so if they choose to? And will the testimony hold up or will defense get it dismissed?

I dont like watching the vids fom this case because they depress me, so I havent seen much from the march. I'm not surprised that that would be her reaction. Assuming she was the one wearing a wire to catch his conversation, the FBI must have told her all sorts of info they had on the kidnapping and what they believe happend -then to hear him describe an ideal victim for kidnapping and to watch him point people out that would make good victims, thus realizing what the FBI is telling you is likely true? must have made her skin crawl.

I am by no means a legal expert, but I see no reason that a spouse could be kept from testifying for the prosecution if they are willing to do so. Im not very good at online legal record searching, but I have looked around for any evidence that his wife has filed for divorce, as that would give a pretty clear indication of what she thinks about all this. I havent found anything.

I just saw a blurb on WCIA channel 3 local news . They are doing a segment on the Zhanngs and what they are going through and what their plans are. This will be on this Thursday night at 10:00 PM central time. Hopefully the more these news outlets cover this, the more chance it gets people talking about this. And asking questions. Seriously , I live 10 minutes from Champaign and I never hear anyone talking about this case.

I wonder if this will be basically a broadcast of the recirded interview that the Daily Illini did and had availible online last week? That didnt appear in any other news outlet as far as I know, so Fox might just be trying to put it out to a wider audience; it would make a decent companion to the piece they are doing on Christensen on Wednesday. I know the family is planning on returning to China for a while this month; fir some reason I thought they were leaving on the 7th, but maybe they have changed their minds, or they are staying a while longer. We shall see.

I think this case is in the back of people's minds. its just that authorities arent releasing much information, and most people probably think he is guilty of kidnapping and killing her, so there just isnt that much to talk about.

I wonder if this will be basically a broadcast of the recirded interview that the Daily Illini did and had availible online last week? That didnt appear in any other news outlet as far as I know, so Fox might just be trying to put it out to a wider audience; it would make a decent companion to the piece they are doing on Christensen on Wednesday. I know the family is planning on returning to China for a while this month; fir some reason I thought they were leaving on the 7th, but maybe they have changed their minds, or they are staying a while longer. We shall see.

I think this case is in the back of people's minds. its just that authorities arent releasing much information, and most people probably think he is guilty of kidnapping and killing her, so there just isnt that much to talk about.

The family will leave for China on November 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The family will leave for China on November 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Not sure why I thought it was the 7th, but I guess I was only off by a few days.

I know it has to be heartbreaking to return without her. Hopefully before long they will catch a lucky break and someone will come across something that leads to her. Either way I hope that being back home for several months will be good for them, and that there isn't an insane media circus awaiting them when they return to China.

Zhidong Wang explained a little further about the information they shared during the conference that day. You can use google to translate it if you are interested. Please note that there are several pages.

http://do.chinabyte.com/hot/202/14340202.shtml

Page3- prospect of a plea bargain is very small.. then goes on to explain the plea bargain in USA
[FONT=&quot]  First, the characteristics of suspects. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Christensen undergraduate student University of Wisconsin and a PhD at the University of Illinois. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]He is majoring in physical material inside, University of Illinois and the University of Wisconsin profession in the United States ranking is one of the best, "So this man, though it is a bad guy, but certainly not stupid, regard themselves as very high. He himself thought police I can not get the evidence, so in the end would not be able to convict him. so in this case, to the possibility of reaching a plea bargain is very small. "

[/FONT]WOW!

[FONT=&quot]no valid [/FONT]clue[FONT=&quot] or looking for direction." Wang Zhidong said that this aspect of the FBI is very frank, (to find Zhang Ying Ying's whereabouts) or so on suspects opening, either in extremely fortunate circumstances, such as a plumber to repair the pipeline just met (chapter Ying Ying's body), which is occasionally very extreme situation.

[/FONT] (lets talk about this.. plumber pipeline analogy or something else?)
unable to copy paste much of the translation, sorry

page 5 refers to a donation fraud crisis.. how awful if they were blamed..

Page 6 seems to say the family will never be compensated for her loss in financial terms. all they will receive is a verdict.

it seems to say that it will be nothing short of a miracle if her body is ever found..

this is so so disappointing..
god, they go home with nothing..no hope.. no future.. no child.
This is a pretty rotten world..

Having said all that should we be looking at sewer pipe maps for clues? longshot, i know, but lets not give up, please?

Thanks so much for filling us in with this report.. sorry my translation is not so good.

Page3- prospect of a plea bargain is very small.. then goes on to explain the plea bargain in USA
[FONT=&quot]  First, the characteristics of suspects. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Christensen undergraduate student University of Wisconsin and a PhD at the University of Illinois. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]He is majoring in physical material inside, University of Illinois and the University of Wisconsin profession in the United States ranking is one of the best, "So this man, though it is a bad guy, but certainly not stupid, regard themselves as very high. He himself thought police I can not get the evidence, so in the end would not be able to convict him. so in this case, to the possibility of reaching a plea bargain is very small. "

[/FONT]WOW!

[FONT=&quot]no valid [/FONT]clue[FONT=&quot] or looking for direction." Wang Zhidong said that this aspect of the FBI is very frank, (to find Zhang Ying Ying's whereabouts) or so on suspects opening, either in extremely fortunate circumstances, such as a plumber to repair the pipeline just met (chapter Ying Ying's body), which is occasionally very extreme situation.

Page 6 seems to say the family will never be compensated for her loss in financial terms. all they will receive is a verdict.

it seems to say that it will be nothing short of a miracle if her body is ever found..

Having said all that should we be looking at sewer pipe maps for clues? longshot, i know, but lets not give up, please?

Thanks so much for filling us in with this report.. sorry my translation is not so good.
TY for the original post and the translation both of you. Seems we must pray for a miracle. I do believe the Feds will go for the death penalty and IMO BC, no matter his intelligence, will then cooperate. He is not that clever if he doesn't understand cctv or the fact that if you tell someone - you're basically fecked, whether it is on tape or not. The mention of plumbing is interesting. AJMO.

This case continues to remind me of the Kim Wall submarine killing in Denmark. The killer was also a physics genius but his various explanations have been B/S. I recommend posters here read the thread. The way the divers and Swedish dogs found Kim's body parts are amazing. It is only a short thread so while we wait for 1 Feb please check it out. Another similarity is the liking for fetishism by both killers. Physics and fetishes not a good combination obviously. AJMO.

We need to consider that he had the dump site prepared ahead of time. The one murder that happened in my town was done this way. I can't remember how far ahead, but within a few days of the kidnap, rape, and murder of the child, the perp, who was a teenager, dug a shallow grave in a field in anticipation of his crime.

This allowed him to bury her quickly, get back to town, and pretend to be looking for her with the rest of the town.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think this is very, very possible -and without having to prepare a grave site on the same night of disposal, it would extend the distance he could travel to dispose of her.
I thought Yingying's body would be found quickly once Brendt Christensen was arrested. I agree that a pre-dug grave is a definite possibility. At the very least, he put together a plan to dispose of her body while he was holding her at his apartment.

[FONT=&amp]  First, the characteristics of suspects. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Christensen undergraduate student University of Wisconsin and a PhD at the University of Illinois. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]He is majoring in physical material inside, University of Illinois and the University of Wisconsin profession in the United States ranking is one of the best, "So this man, though it is a bad guy, but certainly not stupid, regard themselves as very high. He himself thought police I can not get the evidence, so in the end would not be able to convict him. so in this case, to the possibility of reaching a plea bargain is very small. "

[/FONT]WOW!

[FONT=&amp]no valid [/FONT]clue[FONT=&amp] or looking for direction." Wang Zhidong said that this aspect of the FBI is very frank, (to find Zhang Ying Ying's whereabouts) or so on suspects opening, either in extremely fortunate circumstances, such as a plumber to repair the pipeline just met (chapter Ying Ying's body), which is occasionally very extreme situation.

Thank you and I think your translation is great!

I also want to add that Wang also mentioned below,

• There are two reasons why plea bargaining is unlikely at this stage: First, the suspect regards himself as very high, he doesn’t believe the LE will find enough evidence to convict him. Second, the Brunos withdrew from the case right after the prosecutors handed their evidences to them, now the new defense team is still building the trust with their client, and has yet showed all evidences the prosecutors obtained to him.
  • The prosecutors used to say they are confident that the death penalty can be approved by The Department of Justice.

If this is the case, I was wondering if the suspect will change his mind and tell YY's location once he saw all evidences?

Haven't had time to look at the article and run it through a translator, but this is probably a combination of the fact that 1) Christensen is really the only one who could be sued for wrongful death and he has absolutely nothing to his estate but debt (~$60K in student loans and ~$5K in a car loan) and 2) fundraising/donations have slowed and what they have raised will be eaten up by travel, living expenses and legal fees during this ordeal.

Again, as I have always feared, his disposal of her may have been the best thought out and most well-executed part of his plan. Need to pray that someone somewhere saw something, or someone stumbles upon something that leads to her by sheer chance.

Yup. Life sucks sometimes. This whole event has been by far the saddest thing I have witnessed while living here. It just breaks your heart.

I will try to take a look at the article and see if I can make sense of this plumber-plumbing analogy later today or tomorrow. I don't think it should necessarily be taken literally. Who knows if I can figure it out, as Google Translate is just god-awful with translating Asian languages most of the time

Thank you and I think your translation is great!

• There are two reasons why plea bargaining is unlikely at this stage: First, the suspect regards himself as very high, he doesn’t believe the LE will find enough evidence to convict him. Second, the Brunos withdrew from the case right after the prosecutors handed their evidences to them, now the new defense team is still building the trust with their client, and has yet showed all evidences the prosecutors obtained to him.
  • The prosecutors used to say they are confident that the death penalty can be approved by The Department of Justice.

If this is the case, I was wondering if the suspect will change his mind and tell YY's location once he saw all evidences?
Its hard to call.. no idea what he will do. Interesting they analysed his character and the conclusions they made..
He thinks he is a step ahead.. he believes he is better than them.
So far he has not relinquished the information.
Its all he has.
His only card..
He's very weird.
Quite honestly I think if more searching is carried out theres a better chance of finding her than hoping he will relent.
He could well decide to take his secret to the grave.

I think if I understand everything that Wang has been saying the past couple of weeks, it's that the likelihood of finding her without BC's help is not good -it will be a miracle if she is found by investigators or someone just stumbling across her.

The family wants the death penalty (that's what I have seen reported a few times over the past months), but they want her body more than anything, so they are willing to accept a deal; it's just that no deal would be coming any time soon because of what you say above. Also, if for some reason they DON'T seek death, he has no reason to cooperate until all the legal proceedings, including appeals, have run their course.

So as you ask: will he change his mind?

If they seek the death penalty, maybe. Most people have a sense of self-preservation, so if his defense team tells him it is hopeless and there is no way they can successfully defend him from the death penalty based on the evidence against him, then he would probably deal. However, if he is a cold, cruel, heartless *advertiser censored* and he doesn't want to spend 40, 50, 60 or more years behind bars, maybe he will just accept the death penalty and take it to his grave. My guess is that he will deal. Most do -but that second scenario is also possible.....

I hope there is a miracle and they find her before it comes to this. I don't want him to have a chance to save his sorry *advertiser censored* just because he had a well-executed plan to hide her remains.

Quite honestly I think if more searching is carried out theres a better chance of finding her than hoping he will relent.
He could well decide to take his secret to the grave.

I still plan on going out to a couple of places and looking when I have time in the coming weeks. I don't expect to find anything -but I just might be due for a lucky break.

I think he will ultimately deal if they seek death, but I don't want him to have the chance to make a deal. If he did this and it is as brutal as rumored, he does not deserve a deal.

I dont think the plumbing analogy is literal either but it does suggest water and it does suggest urban.
Can anybody tell about the sewer system in Champaign? Are there openable manholes in the streets?
I know this is just grasping at straws but it was a slightly off side analogy.. drop in the ocean would have been a more usual analogy, maybe thats just in my country..
Should we revisit those underground caves again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cashmeoutside