Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been getting any alerts since we went to #88. I've checked my preferences and it is ok. I have to go to the end of #87 and click to go to #88 and go from there. Any help?

Each time they start a new thread, you have to click on "watch thread" again.
It is on the right side under the title of the thread and opposite the page numbers on the left. I have lost many a thread when I miss a day or so. If a case starts moving fast, I may be three threads behind before I realize it and that's a pain.
Hope that helps!

Another tidbit just reported on HLN. Police have now received about 1200 new tips since airing the latest interviews on HLN! Please God, let one of those new tips be the one that puts this monster away!!!!

That sounds great. I hope they get a bunch of tips on the same person to make it easier on them.
Maybe HLN can keep rebroadcasting it at different times on different days to get to a wider audience.
I just feel like a lot of people are dropping cable and/or only watching netflix, etc and the masses are missing the news and reporting on this case.

1. No DNA match. He's not in the system.
2. No DNA or usable DNA.

3. Unable to connect person associated with DNA to murders. (ie dropped cigarette butts aren’t time stamped)

“....Even if you’ve got DNA, you want to be able to prove your case independent of DNA. Prove your case and exhaust everything else....”
Halfway Across: The Delphi Murders

Each time they start a new thread, you have to click on "watch thread" again.
It is on the right side under the title of the thread and opposite the page numbers on the left. I have lost many a thread when I miss a day or so. If a case starts moving fast, I may be three threads behind before I realize it and that's a pain.
Hope that helps!

Thanks Jax. Yes, I am on here morning to night. Watcher, I didn't know you had to click "watch thread" every time. Never has happened before. I always just clicked at the end of a thread and it took me to the next thread. I will try that. Thanks

Thanks Jax. Yes, I am on here morning to night. Watcher, I didn't know you had to click "watch thread" every time. Never has happened before. I always just clicked at the end of a thread and it took me to the next thread. I will try that. Thanks

I hope I didn't confuse you. You do have to click at the end of a thread to get to the next thread. It's when you have reached the new thread that you have to click "watch thread" again.

Still trying to catch up (on 88 pages :eek:)...

Am I understanding correctly that BG had only about an hour and 1/2 ish max with the girls before people were actively looking for them and trapsing around in the area? (I think I've also come across something about a woman who was on the bridge an even shorter time after the girls took pictures- and she says she saw nothing. Sorry I have NO idea where I read that at this point.)

So that's pretty interesting to me: he managed to get them, force them to move close by, possibly rape them, kill them and leave - all without being noticed- in an incredibly short amount of time. Not sure what I make of that. But wow, that's a tight time frame to do all of that and to be so close to trails and the bridge. And there were two of them- Abby and Libby. Harder to manage two girls than one. And Libby was on to him at least to some extent- she was recording. The girls do not seem to have intended to be taken down easily. They certainly had the savvy wherewithall to take that recording.

Interesting no one heard or saw a thing and he accomplished so much in only an hour and 1/2.

JMO

Still trying to catch up (on 88 pages :eek:)...

Am I understanding correctly that BG had only about an hour and 1/2 ish max with the girls before people were actively looking for them and trapsing around in the area? (I think I've also come across something about a woman who was on the bridge an even shorter time after the girls took pictures- and she says she saw nothing. Sorry I have NO idea where I read that at this point.)

So that's pretty interesting to me: he managed to get them, force them to move close by, possibly rape them, kill them and leave - all without being noticed- in an incredibly short amount of time. Not sure what I make of that. But wow, that's a tight time frame to do all of that and to be so close to trails and the bridge. And there were two of them- Abby and Libby. Harder to manage two girls than one. And Libby was on to him at least to some extent- she was recording. The girls do not seem to have intended to be taken down easily. They certainly had the savvy wherewithall to take that recording.

Interesting no one heard or saw a thing and he accomplished so much in only an hour and 1/2.

JMO

It appears he was in such and isolated (and sound dampened) area that he could probably have lingered there for 45 minutes easily. I can also see him coming back to the north of the bridge and then going up into the woods to the actual north of the trail to avoid the trail completely. However, the leaves were off the trees so he probably didn't;t do that. My guess is he parked his vehicle at the cemetery and enter and exited from there.

Someone had to see a car and/or him.

When will someone come forward with that missing piece of the puzzle to get search warrants going.

Just sounding off some frustration here....

88 pages of circling around motives, suspects, theories, manner of death and so on and we are not much further ahead with information than we were when it first happened. Why didn't LE blitz the heck out of his picture and sketch on the anniversary? That could have brought in even more tips. The RIGHT tip!

What we know is that two girls off to enjoy a hike in the woods never got to go home again! I have tears of frustration as I type this!!

I want desperately for this monster to be caught and for their families to be able to sleep at night knowing he can never harm a child again.

LE needs that break...praying hard for it to happen.
JMO

I doubt that it took him more than about 15 minutes, and that includes walking them down the hill. But not counting stalking them.

I agree. Libby’s grandfather said she was “strong willed, a fighter” and Abby’s mother said something similar giving the impression neither would’ve been compliant or passive to demands of a lunatic. Whether the attack was initially planned as a SA, a kidnapping or something else I really doubt it went as intended and IMO their deaths occurred within minutes.

One of the reasons my mind goes to a botched kidnapping - it’s well known the chances of survival are far greater for victims to avoid being taken to a secondary location.

Until more information is forthcoming on how the crime went down, it is certain two girls were murdered soon after Libby took a couple of pictures on their hike, sharing them on Instagram, before getting scared and filming the bridge guy wearing blue jeans and a blue jacket.

It’s so hard to fathom why one or both girls weren’t simply abducted and taken away. It does make me think the girls were a team, and wouldn’t run away when when the other was in danger, like Libby’s step-grandad has said.

Something went wrong, or BG probably would have been successful in his mission, which might not have started as a cold blooded murder of two barely teen aged girls, but a kidnapping. Purely hypothetical, but trying to put the facts we do know from MSM with other crimes like this.

What that mistake was could have been BG didn’t consider what could go wrong with his plan, like both running away, hearing yells from those looking for them when his plan wasn’t completed, or something else I haven’t thought about.

I do think mistakes will catch up with BG. *fingers crossed*

Thanks to all who keep hanging in here.

Until more information is forthcoming on how the crime went down, it is certain two girls were murdered soon after Libby took a couple of pictures on their hike, sharing them on Instagram, before getting scared and filming the bridge guy wearing blue jeans and a blue jacket.

It’s so hard to fathom why one or both girls weren’t simply abducted and taken away. It does make me think the girls were a team, and wouldn’t run away when when the other was in danger, like Libby’s step-grandad has said.

Something went wrong, or BG probably would have been successful in his mission, which might not have started as a cold blooded murder of two barely teen aged girls, but a kidnapping. Purely hypothetical, but trying to put the facts we do know from MSM with other crimes like this.

What that mistake was could have been BG didn’t consider what could go wrong with his plan, like both running away, hearing yells from those looking for them when his plan wasn’t completed, or something else I haven’t thought about.

I do think mistakes will catch up with BG. *fingers crossed*

Thanks to all who keep hanging in here.

The guy either needed to have ice in his veins or was counting on the girls to stay together (I am assuming he also had a gun and not a knife for example).

I think he will eventually be identified and arrested once they have enough evidence.

The guy either needed to have ice in his veins or was counting on the girls to stay together (I am assuming he also had a gun and not a knife for example).

I think he will eventually be identified and arrested once they have enough evidence.

I think, too, it will turn out BG is a very disturbed, possibly addicted, individual. How could he not be? The questions I have are based on how he came to be in the area of the south end of bridge in the first place and what his intentions were. I know that is not known by the public at all, but may be understood by the investigators (not sure). I know many have speculated he had a car or motorcycle and parked near the cemetery. That could be it. Others (like me) think he may have been living outdoors and hunkering down in the area for a while and an opportunity unfolded.

The only thing that *possibly* disputes the transient theory is the picture of Abby on the bridge shared on SM, within the short timeline between that pic and the attack. Maybe he was tracking them digitally. It just doesn’t make sense, though, why the digital trail, if feasible, hasn’t been tracked yet, so... I go back to the transient theory. IMO. Waiting to hear more...

My thoughts are always centered on BG’s motive...did he sit and wait or was this a crime of opportunity? I honestly go back and forth all the time. I just don’t understand the “why” of this and have been following this case from day 1!

Secondly, I wish I could consolidate my thoughts here but can’t get farther than the limited facts we have. My honest opinion is that I don’t think social media/the internet was involved and I’d like to look at every video camera in the whole town! I’m sure this has been looked at but I would be hard pressed to find there wasn’t footage of something suspicious coming or going ‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa