Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the ISP not even giving the public the color of the VOI means they know even more than that. If you were asking for the unknown you would give any clues to facilitate that. The basic tip/info they would have that a car even existed in that parking area would be the color. I saw a car, what kind of car? I don't known but it was red... blue...black. ISP must be looking for cooboration of facts already known to them. They need witnesses to someone specific, their car being there. IMO

And even if LE only knows the colour and have narrowed it down to a range of make, model and year, they have access to vehicle registry data so they can pull a long list of names of registered owners that fit the criteria and who have present or past associations to Delphi and area. But they’d still require a tip to link any one of those persons to the parking lot, if not the actual murders.

I absolutely don’t believe there was a secondary location, and those girls were murdered and left in the woods.

If you look at the news coverage from the day they went missing, it’s no surprise they were missed.

Elevation changes, ditches, brush, trees, leaves, and darkness; all complicated things.

Hell, it took them several hours to find them in broad daylight.

He didn’t return to the crime scene, and make two trips to dump their bodies.

No way. IMO.

Good point. I just get hung up on how brazen it is to kill in broad daylight outside etc.

That's exactly what I think. He was driving on that road when he saw them. If he wasn't driving that road specifically to look for a victim, or to hike, than why? That road leads to nothing, and one mile north and south are more convenient ways into/out of Delphi.
Is this that private road you're talking about?

Unfortunately I can’t locate other media reports at the time LE cleared this man but it was obviously a tip by someone that didn’t pan out, much like 42,000 other tips in over two years. Why his property has now become suspect without any valid reason places suspicion right back on him.

“Delphi police publicly cleared the man from the search warrant on Bicycle Bridge Road, but threats were posted on social media, prompting authorities to again tell people not to harass the man because he was not involved in the killings....”
High-publicity investigation means keeping a low profile
Maybe they need to focus on the individual who provided that tip? I mean seriously, there was enough info given to get a judge to sign off on a SW.

Also want to add that although this could have been someone just scouting out victims that day randomly, I still cannot rule out that he knew the girls were headed there through some means, whether family association, the girls posting where they were going, family member telling someone where they were going. It's incredible how innocent/casual comments can lead to revealing exactly what the killer needed to execute his demented plan. I am by no means implicating family just the possibility of someone who knows someone who is close to the family. That's all it takes. JMO

I absolutely don’t believe there was a secondary location, and those girls were murdered and left in the woods.

If you look at the news coverage from the day they went missing, it’s no surprise they were missed.

Elevation changes, ditches, brush, trees, leaves, and darkness; all complicated things.

No way. IMO.

Correct and based on early interviews that are out there it appears that early searches were focused on the trails and not even the actual Monon bridge until later.

Just my personal opinion, But I don't even think they started searching east of the bridge until the next day

They wern't missed, Searchers just hadn't yet reached the area where they were located yet
MOO

Last edited:
I think the ISP not even giving the public the color of the VOI means they know even more than that. If you were asking for the unknown you would give any clues to facilitate that. The basic tip/info they would have that a car even existed in that parking area would be the color. I saw a car, what kind of car? I don't known but it was red... blue...black. ISP must be looking for cooboration of facts already known to them. They need witnesses to someone specific, their car being there. IMO
Bingo !..... Good thinking....moo

A few thoughts I would like to get off my chest

1. The girls were not found the first night because they were at a secondary location.

I think the girls were murdered within minutes after the video ended (20-40 mins). How could the search missed them? They were looking for girls who were missing, not dead. I imagine there was a lot of yelling there names and listening for them to answer back. I would also imagine people looking might think"there is no way they would go down there" and not consider they went down the hill and across the stream.

2. LE has reason to believe the killer was able to move around on that day. Want to know if the car was noticed

I think the POI must have made it to a gathering or meeting later that day. Perhaps a meeting with peers/family or a meeting for youth.

3. LE may have already spoke to someone who knows.

I think the POI family is well regarded in the community and either has blinders that there Son/Brother/Nephew could do something like this or is straight up covering for him. They think that he is sorry and would never do something like this again. Perhaps redemption through religion. Something like this coming to light could decimate the entire family and thus they ignore or hide what happened.

MOO on this, but wonder if anyone else has thought down this line?
Yes. That is a very popular theory.....moo

LE wouldn’t use the kind of language they did (he could be in this room) if the suspect they were strongly looking at was already incarcerated, right? Also since felons’ DNA is taken upon arrest, either the killer isn’t a previous or current felon or there was zero dna left at the scene. Am I missing something?

I’ve never heard of a killer taking the bodies then returning them back to the site of the murder the next day. Seems like a pretty stupid move, right?

I'm sorry you and your community had to go through that, margarita.

I followed the case at the time, but just read up to refresh my memory.

The first go round of DNA testing, they thought AS was not a match. It turned out to be a mistake. His sample hadn't been tested yet. It was a match.

I’ve been meaning to ask, speaking of LE outwardly addressing the perp as a coward, does anyone recall past cases where LE specifically addressed the perp as such? Just wondering how often they take this risk of engaging and agitating the perp, if this is a common technique and under what circumstances so to speak.

I’m also curious to compare all the PCs in Jessica Ridgeway’s case, but haven’t been able to revisit that emotionally. The reason why I refer to her case specifically is that LE stated they thought the killer was local. They also knew at the time that they were dealing with someone very sadistic (we didn’t know at the time what they knew at the time, about her backpack found with her eyeglasses and urine soaked clothing and cross pendant inserted into her partial remains.)

I guess what I’m wondering is if at the time did LE refer to him as a coward, etc. I can’t remember bc all I can remember is being huddled with my community in a hall as we watched the PC together that her remains (which was her partial torso) had been found and all I remember from that PC is throwing my hat across the room like a frisbee.

No way. IMO.

It’s a theory no longer based on facts IMO.

The “girls taken” theory also arose early on because of two different dates of death on the memorial notice but that was debunked upon the sealing of the autopsy when it was noted both girls died on the 13th. The reason for that was to end rumour and speculation IMO.

Then later came recovery of the audio of Libby’s cellphone and LE informing us there’s more audio that’s never been released. If Libby threw it in some bushes nearby, it’s possible the cellphone recorded audio up until the batteries powered out at 5pm.

Now the recent release from ISP indicating their deaths occurred very quickly:

This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered.”
New 'Face' of the Delphi Murder Suspect

Aside from that, medical forensic examiners can determine the difference between victims who died at the location where their bodies are found and those whose bodies were transported after death and staged.

^ETA yah what misty said, didn’t see her post before I responded

Also just something to keep in mind

LE knows the likely Time of death per the autopsy’s

LE has indicated that the murder was very soon after the audio/video

In what what way does the leaving and coming back scenario hold credibility?

I’m going to stick with what LE has said based on their actual evidence and facts they have and we do not

It’s the most plausible and logical, and LE fact based for that matter

Jmo

Last edited:
LE wouldn’t use the kind of language they did (he could be in this room) if the suspect they were strongly looking at was already incarcerated, right? Also since felons’ DNA is taken upon arrest, either the killer isn’t a previous or current felon or there was zero dna left at the scene. Am I missing something?

I’ve never heard of a killer taking the bodies then returning them back to the site of the murder the next day. Seems like a pretty stupid move, right?

That's precisely why I was curious if the press conference was speaking to the person who could speak up and give them a piece of evidence they need to link him. Maybe they really don't have any DNA from the scene. Imo, I don't think this guy is smart enough to not leave any though . I guess he peaks my interest bc of ties to Delphi, etc.

I don't believe they were killed elsewhere and brought back to the scene either. That would be a heck of a lot of work and very risky.

The thing is, if Nicole Bowen was tortured and murdered for talking to police, and these cases are in fact connected, then that would explain a lot about people not talking or perhaps covering for a child murderer here. If I thought that I would possibly meet that same fate, I don't know that I would talk either. Just some thoughts.
NB has been on my mind a lot also. The mention of a "shack" in her tragic murder and then LE using it again in PC just is weird. Pay attention and see how many times around you here shack used. It is not common IMO. If the BG is now in jail and not going anywhere would they tell us? They might tell the family but they are not talking. BG isn't going anywhere. They just need one more piece of evidence, likely connected to the vehicle parked at CPS, to nail this guy.

^ETA yah what misty said, didn’t see her post before I responded

Also just something to keep in mind

LE knows the likely Time of death per the autopsy’s

LE has indicated that the murder was very soon after the audio/video

In what what way does the leaving and coming back scenario hold credibility?

I’m going to stick with what LE has said based on their actual evidence and facts they have and we do not

It’s the most plausible and logical and LE fact based for that matter

Jmo
Yes the girls were placed with the suspect in a very high location of the bridge, then the ISP release those chilling three words recorded, "Down the hill". Down the hill is where they were recovered. They were not transported from down below back up the terrain, in broad daylight where others could have noticed and provided help of ecape. IMO

That guy was bundled up. He may have had a hoodie on. He may have had a hat on backwards under the hoodie. He was wearing at least two layers. He may have had on gloves. It's not impossible that DNA was found, but to me it looks like he made sure there wasn't going to be much of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member