Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Above bolded by me.

Bangert: Spotlight on Delphi trail after girls killed

This is taken right from The Lafayette Journal & Courier website. The article was written on Feb 15 2017. The article is called Bangert: Spotlight on Delphi Trail Since Girls Killed. Bangert is the author. There is a slide show of 30 photographs and the one I posted with crime scene tape is #14.

edited by me because I found the article with the picture.
Thank you for sharing this info...... The slide show is interesting......moo

Good reading about "How to Identify and Hunt Deer."
How to Identify and Hunt Deer Crossings - North American Whitetail
Oh well brook, creek, stream, river....all subject to interpretation & current weather.
"Country folk use this method: Step over a brook Jump over a creek, Wade through a stream, Swim across a river, depending on weather and my chubby body;)

Thought I would pass this along. It kind of gives insight to the local area. It is the Carroll County Comet newsletter put out just after the murders. There are a few Op Eds that are interesting reading. Also Obits for both girls within the newsletter.

2017 February 22

Thank you so very much for sharing!! I have to admit that I initially scanned the post but didn’t click on the link. When another WS person commented on your post I went back and read the attachment. All of the articles pertaining to the girls were very touching and I hope Abby & Libby’s families can take some comfort in the words and the obvious love and compassion they hold for them.

Two of the articles really touched me - one from a father of a girl who was friends with Libby. It reminded me how so many people suffer the loss of these girls and how this will affect their classmates, and the town, forever.

The other article was from another father who lost a son and he shared powerful advice about how to show those who are grieving that you care - and that you REMEMBER! This article made me cry. I lost my oldest son 3 1/2 years ago and the things that I truly treasure is when someone talks about Chris, shares a story or even just says what a beautiful smile he had, etc. It is in those moments that I know he MATTERED to so many people other than just me and that he is not forgotten.

So please remember this when you know someone who has suffered a loss - say something to that person about their loved one and don’t worry if it makes them cry - the joy they feel that you REMEMBER is much more powerful than the tears you may see.

Do this for Abby and Libby - and for all those we have lost.

Above bolded by me.

Bangert: Spotlight on Delphi trail after girls killed

This is taken right from The Lafayette Journal & Courier website. The article was written on Feb 15 2017. The article is called Bangert: Spotlight on Delphi Trail Since Girls Killed. Bangert is the author. There is a slide show of 30 photographs and the one I posted with crime scene tape is #14.

edited by me because I found the article with the picture.
I can't seem to see the slideshow but I am on my phone so perhaps that's why. I'll check it again later when I am on my computer . Thanks.

Thank you so very much for sharing!! I have to admit that I initially scanned the post but didn’t click on the link. When another WS person commented on your post I went back and read the attachment. All of the articles pertaining to the girls were very touching and I hope Abby & Libby’s families can take some comfort in the words and the obvious love and compassion they hold for them.

Two of the articles really touched me - one from a father of a girl who was friends with Libby. It reminded me how so many people suffer the loss of these girls and how this will affect their classmates, and the town, forever.

The other article was from another father who lost a son and he shared powerful advice about how to show those who are grieving that you care - and that you REMEMBER! This article made me cry. I lost my oldest son 3 1/2 years ago and the things that I truly treasure is when someone talks about Chris, shares a story or even just says what a beautiful smile he had, etc. It is in those moments that I know he MATTERED to so many people other than just me and that he is not forgotten.

So please remember this when you know someone who has suffered a loss - say something to that person about their loved one and don’t worry if it makes them cry - the joy they feel that you REMEMBER is much more powerful than the tears you may see.

Thanks and I have learned much from what you have conveyed... I'm sorry for the loss of your son @Angelcat13, truly!

I agree, the audio to me sounds older. Definitely midwest. The "down the hill" part is even a little more "country southern" than some midwest accents, but the "guys" rules out true southern .....all my southern friends say y'all and would never says guys. Mountain states also say guys, but the down the hill part would be sharper. Kentucky says y'all so I think he is originally from Indiana or perhaps Ohio. All obviously JMO from my own experience!

Everything about the audio and video to me says middle aged, bit of a beer gut, probably a double chin, unpleasant personality (the sort of look about him that you would dread having to sit next to on an airplane with a squirming toddler), generic looking. Angry.

But then the sketch looks nothing like that! Sketch looks like sociopathic frat boy. The audio SO doesn't match the sketch for me! But I honestly don't know if that is because I associated the voice for so long with the first sketch and the video, which is heavily pixelated.

It's just such a shame all the fresh memories were wasted on the wrong sketch. What the heck happened! How can LE have enough evidence to completely change the sketch, but not enough to make an arrest yet?

Guys is used in the south too.

Beautifully stated.

Thanks for sharing @Angelcat13, so sorry for your loss.

This is why I have so much trouble accepting him parking there, especially if he intended harm when he entered the trail. I'm still curious about the storage place. It's within sight of the girls drop off location.

I think he parked there at some point in time, but moved his vehicle at some point. LE never said it was parked there the entire time just during the 12-5 time frame.

This is truly perplexing to me as well. I’ve twisted my brain into circles trying to come up with a plausible explanation as to why BG (now identified as relatively younger than original implied) would not have factored in cell phones.

Factored in 1) that they would have one in the first place (that could record, dial 911 etc), and/or 2) that he needed to dispose of Libby’s cell after the murders.

The only plausible explanation IMO, is that it required too much focus to control the girls in the first place to worry about the phone, AND that he had to scaddaddle out of there in a huge hurry. This leads me to think he may have actually still been there (at the crime scene) as DG was arriving and heard people starting to look for the girls.

All MOO.
Maybe he wanted them found sooner. That way his "fake" alibi would work if he was questioned earlier on and co workers would back up what they think they knew to be true.

MOO it is the perfect parking place except that it is an active cemetery, with fresh flags and flowers. I think a car parked there would run the risk of being especially noticed, as any other person visiting a grave would wonder which grave the person in the car was visiting, then seeing no one in the cemetery, would then decide with irritation that the car was being parked to access to the trail.

How active is it on a Monday afternoon between 2-4 though?

Good reading about "How to Identify and Hunt Deer."
How to Identify and Hunt Deer Crossings - North American Whitetail
Oh well brook, creek, stream, river....all subject to interpretation & current weather.
"Country folk use this method: Step over a brook Jump over a creek, Wade through a stream, Swim across a river, depending on weather and my chubby body;)

Check out this between 19 mins to 23 mins to see the searchers crossing holding on to each other. The whole video is very good and is 35 mins long altogether. It is on page 1 of the media thread if we need to find it again. It's a good aerial view of the highway to the creek and bridge area too. The creek looks at least 100feet wide to me at the point they are crossing.

RTV6 (WRTV - Indianapolis)

That doesn't really track with "hiding in plain sight" and "he may be in this room" though, as if it's someone who's been involved to some degree in either the community or the case.

That person or anyone in that group probably didn’t do it, but they may have information about who did though. There was an arrest on the 5th (Friday), Ives is sworn in on the 10th (Wednesday) and then the PC on the 22nd. They may have been on to something before all of this and they could’ve gotten info from one of them after arrest regarding BG that supported an investigative track that they were on. Maybe not, but it’s not totally out of the realm of possibility.

Might the sketches be of two different people who were seen in the vicinity that day? Has LE actually said, never mind the first one, he doesn't exist or he's morphed into the second one, or have they simply added this new face into the mix?

*Sorry, I'm not as up to speed on this case as others :)*

The old sketch is redundant and the new young sketch 18-40 age represents the face of the guy (BG) in the video. We have had more than a month to take this in, and I think we are all finding it hard to follow TBH. The guy on the bridge does not look like a young 18 yo to me and doesn't walk like one either IMO but that is what LE have said.

Last edited:
Maybe the perp. thought that cell phone had been well destroyed when it was left behind with the girls (he could have crushed it with hard object like a large rock) and he didn't count on 'cloud' data being available or realize that he had been recorded by Libby?

Just thinking out loud and JMO

When Sgt Holeman answered a question about the phone he said it was found in the general area so I think Libby dropped it either accidentally or on purpose as they were being abducted. He may well have searched them for phones - in fact he probably did, but, thankfully he didn't find it. MOO

The old sketch is redundant and the new young sketch 18-40 age represents the face of the guy (BG) in the video. We have had more than a month to take this in, and I think we are all finding it hard to follow TBH. The guy in the bridge does not look like a young 18 yo to me and doesn't walk like one either IMO but that is what LE have said.

Bbm

Check out this between 19 mins to 23 mins to see the searchers crossing holding on to each other. The whole video is very good and is 35 mins long altogether. It is on page 1 of the media thread if we need to find it again. It's a good aerial view of the highway to the creek and bridge area too. The creek looks at least 100feet wide to me at the point they are crossing.

RTV6 (WRTV - Indianapolis)
Yes, excellent footage. I wonder if this was taken before or after they located the girls. There are parts, where the searchers are in the water that they are very near the crime scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa