Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to assume that since it was public information available to anyone and something made by a family member (and they always start close and fan out so all the family would've been investigated), and the fact that this topic has been discussed repeatedly on various social media platforms and has now been addressed by two family members (BP and Kelsi) that LE knows about it.
I think Kelsi German , in her allowable broadcast, referenced speculation maybe arising from an exchange that occurred on the 13th Feb 2017 between a person who was presenting a scenario which , if factual, criminal activity had occurred. This exchange was with a member of LE. Maybe The Date and the Profession of the other participant is what makes the criminal activity discussed of particular, potential, relevance. Imo

Moo. Im referencing only KG's broadcast as source and speculating on detail.

I think Kelsi German , in her allowable broadcast, referenced speculation maybe arising from an exchange that occurred on the 13th Feb 2017 between a person who was presenting a scenario which , if factual, criminal activity had occurred. This exchange was with a member of LE. Maybe The Date and the Profession of the other participant is what makes the criminal activity discussed of particular, potential, relevance. Imo

They need to both be questioned about the subject they were discussing- that is for sure. Whether they have been is not known for sure. It is not a rumour to be dispelled by BP and KG IMO but for LE to deal with. I hope they have.

They need to both be questioned about the subject they were discussing- that is for sure. Whether they have been is not known for sure. It is not a rumour to be dispelled by BP and KG IMO but for LE to deal with. I hope they have.
I agree .
Like LE said themselves early on, if any unrelated warrants or criminal activity were to be uncovered during the investigation.....

Police corroborating alibis given in Delphi killings

From article :

"During the course of the investigation, police have made unrelated arrests, Leazenby pointed out. If, for example, police find someone they are interviewing is wanted on a warrant, officers can't ignore that. So the person goes to jail on unrelated charges"

Besides, can you imagine in a ficticious scenario( impregnating or penetrating someone elses underage offspring for example, or even making fun of someone else having done so by referencing it in song say) what kind of response that may illicit from another person? Esp if unbalanced. Or with a status and character to uphold?

Revenge would be brutal.

Thankfully at least, KG has clarified any misunderstanding for those who think anyone in any rumour is DIRECTLY involved.

All speculative and theoretical and imo.

Eta parag from linked article and rumour clearing para

Last edited:
It was a combination of the post and another person doing the commenting and it referenced an underage girl. Normally this would be off topic, but since Kelsi addressed it in her video, I'm not sure where it stands TOS wise. Kelsi has stated that it's a song lyric, but no title has been provided and searches have not yielded a result. It's possible that the post and comment paraphrased a song instead of quoting one.

I suspect it is this one, with mention of a 15 year old if you read through all the lyrics

Eminem – Guilty Conscience Lyrics | Genius Lyrics
Guilty Conscience lyrics at link

At the first big presser, LE looked sooo very upset, I assumed at the time that they heard an entire audio. So if the audio is short, they were still startled from what they saw IMO. Few Details. That sounds like SK to me now IMO. Or rage.
I believe just by listening to ISP Carter's remark to the killer that he can assure the killer, the girls are not now how he left them...the emotion of how he said that points to a truly terrible state that their bodies were found. AJMO Bless those two angels and the men and women who are working so hard to bring justice for them.

No prob. Do you know of any other case where it has taken 5 months to produce a witness sketch? I'm not bashing LE just questioning the methods. Why not release "Guys" 2 years ago?

I don't think LE wanted to use all of their 'trump cards' at once. They proably thought releasing the image of BG and a snippet of his voice/audio in February 2017 would be enough to generate tips and lead to an arrest. When almost 6 months went by with no arrest, they then released the composite sketch in July 2017. It may have taken many months to interview witnesses, check alibis and surveillence/SM/bank records etc. before they felt confident in that sketch. For some reason LE lost confidence in this POI/sketch in early 2019 and switched gears. Releasing "Guys", along with the new sketch and video helped re-new interest in the case and generated many new tips, plus it may have been a message to the killer, letting him know that LE does in fact have more information from the recording...and making him stress/guess just how much more they have. If no arrest has been made by the 3 year anniversary of the crime I wouldn't be surprised if LE releases a little bit more audio/video to keep the case from going cold (hopefully it won't get to that point).

Yesterday I rode my bike through the park - in a small, mid-western town. There was baseball practice, dogs playing fetch, toddlers on the playground...a teenage boy huffing spray paint by the restrooms, a half-naked and preoccupied young couple, a man sitting in the shrubs smoking and eyeing every kid that passed by...true story.

I guess it makes me rethink the idea of BG being "brazen." It almost seems like people are so used to crap happening in these places, like sexual and drug related activities, that they don't notice (or choose not to) the people and goings-on around them.

I'm not saying they wouldn't care about or report a murder, but it does help me reason why BG may have gone unnoticed that day, regardless how he looked or acted. JMO

i must have missed precious references to 'the girls are not how they were left'....threads move too fast

it wasn't case of just murdering them then....theres something very unique about this. how they were killed and how bodies were left.

Yesterday I rode my bike through the park - in a small, mid-western town. There was baseball practice, dogs playing fetch, toddlers on the playground...a teenage boy huffing spray paint by the restrooms, a half-naked and preoccupied young couple, a man sitting in the shrubs smoking and eyeing every kid that passed by...true story.

I guess it makes me rethink the idea of BG being "brazen." It almost seems like people are so used to crap happening in these places, like sexual and drug related activities, that they don't notice (or choose not to) the people and goings-on around them.

I'm not saying they wouldn't care about or report a murder, but it does help me reason why BG may have gone unnoticed that day, regardless how he looked or acted. JMO
But see you did notice the man eyeing every child and other behaviors. I think it's all about our own life experiences and the way we are brought up, how we're taught to be aware or not taught. It also has to do IMO, with gender. Women (the gatherers) tend to be more observant on the whole (noticing more details) then men (the hunters).

At the first big presser, LE looked sooo very upset, I assumed at the time that they heard an entire audio. So if the audio is short, they were still startled from what they saw IMO. Few Details. That sounds like SK to me now IMO. Or rage.
Yes. And I have been wondering why there were so few LE/prosecutors at the 4/22 event.

Yes, this is the same SM post that I referenced and spoke about yesterday.

i must have missed precious references to 'the girls are not how they were left'....threads move too fast

it wasn't case of just murdering them then....theres something very unique about this. how they were killed and how bodies were left.

I always thought that when Carter made the "they're not as you left them" statement, IMO he was stating that rather than being dead in the woods by themselves, they're in the afterlife. He made several religious references in that speech.

I don't think LE wanted to use all of their 'trump cards' at once. They proably thought releasing the image of BG and a snippet of his voice/audio in February 2017 would be enough to generate tips and lead to an arrest. When almost 6 months went by with no arrest, they then released the composite sketch in July 2017. It may have taken many months to interview witnesses, check alibis and surveillence/SM/bank records etc. before they felt confident in that sketch. For some reason LE lost confidence in this POI/sketch in early 2019 and switched gears. Releasing "Guys", along with the new sketch and video helped re-new interest in the case and generated many new tips, plus it may have been a message to the killer, letting him know that LE does in fact have more information from the recording...and making him stress/guess just how much more they have. If no arrest has been made by the 3 year anniversary of the crime I wouldn't be surprised if LE releases a little bit more audio/video to keep the case from going cold (hopefully it won't get to that point).
We've all noticed that after each PC, TV interview, public appearance and other events discussing the murders that there is a surge in tips. In the past on other cases, I've heard LE state that a case is not cold because they are still getting tips.

I don't how many personnel are still on this task force. The last I read was a couple of months after the murders LE was downsizing from as many as a 100+ to 10-20 personnel. If they still have a 1st sgt (Holeman) supervising I can imagine they still have multiple individuals involved. These are resources that could be used elsewhere if this murder was not still heavily pursued. Sooner or later, if it hasn't already happened to some degree, I imagine Superintendent Carter is going to have to answer questions in the state capital as to the resources being devoted to this investigation and the impact on the department budget. As long as he can say we got x amount of tips last month and this brings us to y amount to date he can probably keep justifying the resources. At the 3 year mark or even at the 2 and a half mark I would not be surprised to see something to keep the case rolling through the media and certainly there is a possibility of more evidence at the 3 year mark. I know it sounds cold, but at a certain point there is going to be more pressure to justify resources. (Of course, all this assumes the status quo in the rest of the state. If some tragedy - a terrorist attack, a massive weather event such as numerous tornadoes hitting multiple counties - strikes then the pressure to divert resources from the investigation is going to increase.) Speaking from a resource justification point of view, these public appearances generate the tips that in turn continue to provide justification for personnel resources. 1st Sgt Holeman even said in one interview that anyone listening is interested in LE put in your application to the ISP because they need people.

We've all noticed that after each PC, TV interview, public appearance and other events discussing the murders that there is a surge in tips. In the past on other cases, I've heard LE state that a case is not cold because they are still getting tips.

I don't how many personnel are still on this task force. The last I read was a couple of months after the murders LE was downsizing from as many as a 100+ to 10-20 personnel. If they still have a 1st sgt (Holeman) supervising I can imagine they still have multiple individuals involved. These are resources that could be used elsewhere if this murder was not still heavily pursued. Sooner or later, if it hasn't already happened to some degree, I imagine Superintendent Carter is going to have to answer questions in the state capital as to the resources being devoted to this investigation and the impact on the department budget. As long as he can say we got x amount of tips last month and this brings us to y amount to date he can probably keep justifying the resources. At the 3 year mark or even at the 2 and a half mark I would not be surprised to see something to keep the case rolling through the media and certainly there is a possibility of more evidence at the 3 year mark. I know it sounds cold, but at a certain point there is going to be more pressure to justify resources. (Of course, all this assumes the status quo in the rest of the state. If some tragedy - a terrorist attack, a massive weather event such as numerous tornadoes hitting multiple counties - strikes then the pressure to divert resources from the investigation is going to increase.) Speaking from a resource justification point of view, these public appearances generate the tips that in turn continue to provide justification for personnel resources. 1st Sgt Holeman even said in one interview that anyone listening is interested in LE put in your application to the ISP because they need people.

In the VERY early stages of the investigation (as in the first week) my ISP cousin was pulled in from another task force to work on the Delphi murders*. He works in a particular division of LE and is not generally removed from that posting unless it's a real emergency. It seems like they were bringing in people from everywhere. He wasn't on it for very long, just until April of 2017. I really thought that with all the extra people they were bringing in the case would be solved right away. I guess they were, too. :(

* I have no helpful information to share. Wish I did, but I don't.

But see you did notice the man eyeing every child and other behaviors. I think it's all about our own life experiences and the way we are brought up, how we're taught to be aware or not taught. It also has to do IMO, with gender. Women (the gatherers) tend to be more observant on the whole (noticing more details) then men (the hunters).
All very true! I think what really struck me about the park was that these people were right out in the open, doing unsavory, even illegal things without a worry or care of being seen. I guess that's what made me think of BG walking the trails, maybe not so brazenly?

In the VERY early stages of the investigation (as in the first week) my ISP cousin was pulled in from another task force to work on the Delphi murders*. He works in a particular division of LE and is not generally removed from that posting unless it's a real emergency. It seems like they were bringing in people from everywhere. He wasn't on it for very long, just until April of 2017. I really thought that with all the extra people they were bringing in the case would be solved right away. I guess they were, too. :(

* I have no helpful information to share. Wish I did, but I don't.
I guess I'm not surprised. I read in at least one article that other jurisdictions - cities and counties - were sending some of their detectives and the task force said it was a win-win. The task force got the personnel resources they needed and these additional personnel were receiving additional on-the-job training or experience in a murder case.

I believe we all thought with the video and audio and possible witnesses at the trail that this guy wouldn't be free but maybe a month or so. I know I'm still surprised he is running around loose.

All very true! I think what really struck me about the park was that these people were right out in the open, doing unsavory, even illegal things without a worry or care of being seen. I guess that's what made me think of BG walking the trails, maybe not so brazenly?

That's one of the reasons why I think Carter said that BG was "hiding in plain sight." He probably just blends right in with everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge