Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no collective power over the case...

When it takes too long, the witnesses die, the comrades in crime die, and maybe the perpetrators die, too. (((

I often think, if the case has even minimally detonating power, why is it allowed to linger on? Why do details constantly seep out? Just close it, start a wild goose chase around the country, invoke some truck driver, some migrant worker, and attention is diverted. But, it stays local, for 3 years, with all local suspects.

The answer - to me - is simple. First, it is easier to control local news. But the main reason is - the crime is disgusting. This is not a local hit-and-run. It is some smelly, perverted, Caligula-like, deed, that makes any normal person shudder. Probably, people feel ashamed of calling it cold.

It is a very messy case, with lots of collateral damages. Who are:
- one of the two girls (the witness)
- their poor families - who, for all their life mistakes and imperfections, were hoping for a better life for these girls, and raising them the best they could
- RL who spent 4 years behind bars for a charge that seems ludicrous in hindsight
- all the innocent POIs who can’t clear their names, and maybe never will, in public mind
- all the victims of delusional accusations from demented YouTubers/bloggers
- and maybe the people who found them, and likewise, the friends of the girls, who ended up with PTSD, no doubt.

You extend this list.

In my opinion, I think attention got diverted from this case by the April 22, 2019 press conference. Once the police put a young person's sketch up, I think it changed the dynamic of the case. At one point during the press conference the police referred to the sketch and said this is the person responsible. Many people look up to what police and especially profilers have to say about a case. Putting the sketch on the same poster as a still of the video gives the impression that the man walking on the bridge is a young man.

While it is true that many killers like this are younger people in their 20's or 30's, I think you have to be very careful of that wild card situation. And in terms of profiling, we have to remember this was a public place that was remote and not even known to some residents of Delphi, IN. Another wild card.

A video will not always solve a case. I know there are other cases that have video that have gone on for years too so people start asking what good is the video? But in a case where you do not have a video(ex: Molly Bish), you have to do something so it is more understandable to come up with a sketch.

If this case is ever solved and people look back on the investigation, I think investigators are going to breathe a sigh of relief and privately comment amongst each other that it was a good thing Liberty German got that audio/video.

RL didn't spend four years in jail. He was released in Jan. 2018

We have no collective power over the case...

When it takes too long, the witnesses die, the comrades in crime die, and maybe the perpetrators die, too. (((

I often think, if the case has even minimally detonating power, why is it allowed to linger on? Why do details constantly seep out? Just close it, start a wild goose chase around the country, invoke some truck driver, some migrant worker, and attention is diverted. But, it stays local, for 3 years, with all local suspects.

The answer - to me - is simple. First, it is easier to control local news. But the main reason is - the crime is disgusting. This is not a local hit-and-run. It is some smelly, perverted, Caligula-like, deed, that makes any normal person shudder. Probably, people feel ashamed of calling it cold.

It is a very messy case, with lots of collateral damages. Who are:
- one of the two girls (the witness)
- their poor families - who, for all their life mistakes and imperfections, were hoping for a better life for these girls, and raising them the best they could
- RL who spent 4 years behind bars for a charge that seems ludicrous in hindsight
- all the innocent POIs who can’t clear their names, and maybe never will, in public mind
- all the victims of delusional accusations from demented YouTubers/bloggers
- and maybe the people who found them, and likewise, the friends of the girls, who ended up with PTSD, no doubt.

You extend this list.

Is there a train that connects Evansdale and
In my opinion, I think attention got diverted from this case by the April 22, 2019 press conference. Once the police put a young person's sketch up, I think it changed the dynamic of the case. At one point during the press conference the police referred to the sketch and said this is the person responsible. Many people look up to what police and especially profilers have to say about a case. Putting the sketch on the same poster as a still of the video gives the impression that the man walking on the bridge is a young man.

While it is true that many killers like this are younger people in their 20's or 30's, I think you have to be very careful of that wild card situation. And in terms of profiling, we have to remember this was a public place that was remote and not even known to some residents of Delphi, IN. Another wild card.

A video will not always solve a case. I know there are other cases that have video that have gone on for years too so people start asking what good is the video? But in a case where you do not have a video(ex: Molly Bish), you have to do something so it is more understandable to come up with a sketch.

If this case is ever solved and people look back on the investigation, I think investigators are going to breathe a sigh of relief and privately comment amongst each other that it was a good thing Liberty German got that audio/video.

I believe the killer to be 40 and up. IMO

From the first moment I saw the video still I saw a blonde/dark blonde full head of hair and a clear part with a curve of bangs hanging down over the forehead. 18-35 years old at most. When I saw the first sketch made from eyewitnesses I thought is this supposed to be the same guy with a hat on? Didn't look the same to me at all. To my recollection he looks like they now describe him as looking much younger than he is. The second sketch seems intentionally unfinished and cartoonish, but why? The fact that the hair style and texture are totally different from the BG video still vexes me. I'm also interested to know where they got "reddish brown" hair color description? From an eyewitness? Because it looks blonde/dark blonde to me.

You have made several impressive posts. This is one area where I have evolved on this case. I don't see hair in the video clip at all. I also don't see hair in the zoomed-in versions of specific frames. But recently when I went back and looked at the originally released video stills, and specifically the one with his head tilted down, there is definitely the possibility that it is hair alone. If so, it would be very thick young looking hair combed straight down with bangs hanging over his forehead. The part is near the crown only, with hair flopping left and right of that. That is the area that looks like the cap of a hat, if it is a hat.

If that is hair, it indeed looks reddish brown to me. Most importantly, the face has to conform to the hair. It can't be hair laying on top of a head like a saucer and sticking out on both sides. If that is hair alone then Bridge Guy has a significantly wider face than either composite allows. He is also likely taller than the estimates allow, or at the high end of the estimates. The perspective would be off. If it is hair then most likely he is on the low end of the age spectrum. However, the guy arrested in Florida months ago was 42 and his hair and facial width are almost identical to what I think I see from that original still. I'm not saying that's the guy. I won't use his name. The mugshot is what I would use as example of what the hair/facial width look like, if it is hair and not a hat.

Neither composite resembles that type of hair at all. Neither composite depicts the young wide face at all. If Bridge Guy was not wearing a hat then he must be having a field day at composites that look nothing like him and descriptions that look nothing like him. The younger composite is curly Peter Brady hair that doesn't threaten to look like the hair only version. In fact, it would be the exact opposite type of hair. Also the face is not close.

I don't know how the rationalize that still picture with the video, which doesn't look like hair at all.

Just imagine what Abby and Libby would be saying toward this topic. They know exactly what it is. They would be flabbergasted that it could be interpreted the other way, based on video or stills.

I can't think of another similar situation. Law enforcement obviously doesn't believe it is hair alone. On the recent John Walsh program, Doug Carter viewed the video alongside Callahan Walsh and said, "...the hat he is wearing."

BTW, I don't think that Libby intentionally filmed Bridge Guy. Until visiting the bridge I didn't grasp the angles. Libby is filming from slightly off the bridge to the right. Her camera is pointing across the end of the bridge to the northwest. The background would be Deer Creek as it circles underneath the bridge and curls to the north. Abby is almost certainly the focus of the video as she finished her first crossing. Then Bridge Guy slips into the far right corner at the very end of the clip. Libby might not even have realized it happened, although I guess she probably did.

Bridge Guy was only 70 feet or thereabouts from the end of the bridge, not the 200 feet recently specified in this thread.

I believe he is much slimmer and younger than those clothes show. He's more like 165 pounds, twenties, 5'10" or so. He's so opposite what I assumed all this time. The second sketch really clicks for me in that context except I still don't understand why its so crude.

I agree with you on many aspects, although not Bridge Guy crossing them on the bridge. Strangers don't cross each other on that bridge. If everyone crossed that bridge just one time they would instantly throw away the notion of a U turn.

The height/weight estimates make no sense in conjunction with each other. They have Bridge Guy as borderline obese. In fact some of the combinations do fall into obese, especially if you use the 180-220 range which is often cited.

Probability has to play a role. If he is as short as 5-6 then he can't be as heavy as 200 or 220. That is asinine. If they are going to use a 40 pound range then it should be dropped to 160-200. Actually I think the 160 is still not safe on the low end.

I agree that the height estimate is probably off, the more I look at it and especially if it is hair only. I would bump the low end to 5-8 and go as high as 6-0. Again, that is more representative of American males. Also the 160-200 (or 150-190) weight would be more in line with 5-8 to 6-0 height. I am not seeing an obese person given all that baggy clothing.

I agree with you on many aspects, although not Bridge Guy crossing them on the bridge. Strangers don't cross each other on that bridge. If everyone crossed that bridge just one time they would instantly throw away the notion of a U turn.

The height/weight estimates make no sense in conjunction with each other. They have Bridge Guy as borderline obese. In fact some of the combinations do fall into obese, especially if you use the 180-220 range which is often cited.

Probability has to play a role. If he is as short as 5-6 then he can't be as heavy as 200 or 220. That is asinine. If they are going to use a 40 pound range then it should be dropped to 160-200. Actually I think the 160 is still not safe on the low end.

I agree that the height estimate is probably off, the more I look at it and especially if it is hair only. I would bump the low end to 5-8 and go as high as 6-0. Again, that is more representative of American males. Also the 160-200 (or 150-190) weight would be more in line with 5-8 to 6-0 height. I am not seeing an obese person given all that baggy clothing.

IMO he is around 50's and up currently and is 5'10 and above and is not thin by any means. Looks as though he was hiding maybe plastic bags and carrying either a flashlight or a gun of some kind in his pant pocket right leg area. Did he have a fanny pack on? Hard to see as the images that have been circulating are blurry.

The bridge the kids were on that day, was it a railway bridge of some kind? What was it used for? When he said girls in the video it sounds as if he knew them somehow or someway, were they communicating with anyone via text message? Seems as though he was familiar somehow, the fact the girls taped him tells me they knew and felt he was after them and somethign was off IMO

The bridge the kids were on that day, was it a railway bridge of some kind? What was it used for? When he said girls in the video it sounds as if he knew them somehow or someway, were they communicating with anyone via text message? Seems as though he was familiar somehow, the fact the girls taped him tells me they knew and felt he was after them and somethign was off IMO
Here is some history on the railroad bridge:
$260K renovation underway to turn Delphi's Monon High Bridge into pedestrian trail

Yes, I agree they felt his menacing approach, and that is why bright little Libby started the video.

Amateur opinion and speculation

IMO he is around 50's and up currently and is 5'10 and above and is not thin by any means. Looks as though he was hiding maybe plastic bags and carrying either a flashlight or a gun of some kind in his pant pocket right leg area. Did he have a fanny pack on? Hard to see as the images that have been circulating are blurry.
We don't know for sure, but many have speculated he is wearing a fanny pack.
We just don't know ATP.

Here is some history on the railroad bridge:
$260K renovation underway to turn Delphi's Monon High Bridge into pedestrian trail

Yes, I agree they felt his menacing approach, and that is why bright little Libby started the video.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Wearing a fanny pack and the way he walked on that bridge to me seems as though he is familiar with bridges the area, maybe into transportation, railroads or buses and or bridge work or construction. Libby probably felt he was keeping pace with them and maybe started walking faster, did he say he wanted to show them something or he had found something down off the trail? He knew the area well, probably visited it, if there is every a need to log that area it would be interesting to see what they find if anyone really speaks up against it. I feel as though he visited it after and or frequents it somehow. The psychopaths tend to relive the experience and want to revisit. JMO

There is so much about this that just seems to defy logic. I just KNEW when we had the video and audio that an arrest was imminent.

Now we have the sheriff stating there is DNA and possibly a fingerprint. We have video and audio. We have others on the trail that day providing descriptions and sketches. And this isn't like a Super Walmart on a Saturday. There were folks on the trails but NOT many. So why is it so hard to nail this guy down? I get that we don't naturally pay attention to others on trails like this, but someone had to see him. When we have cases on here over 10 years old and maybe 5K in tips at most, we've got almost 50K here in 3 years. What are the odds we get that many tips and NOT one points LE in the right direction. Or has this volume of tips been unmanageable for LE and they went right over the right tip? I know rewards don't seem to be the answer, but we're not talking about $10000 here. Last I looked it was nearer to a quarter of million dollars. There are folks that would throw their best friend under the bus for that amount of money. And yet, nothing. Nada. Zip.

I wonder if those sketches are doing more to hinder the case than help it.

Probably because it may be someone out of town or someone in and out of town. I initially suspected the dad. JMO. Not so sure now. I would rather just stick with the facts. Will have to look deeper.

RBBM

He didn't say "girls". The words he spoke were "Guys" and "down the hill". moo

ETA Link: LIBERTY GERMAN | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Last edited:
I find girls more familial maternal and guys paternal. IMO, did they interview the dads at all take their DNA? I assume that if they have more taped then the girls would have said who it was, there wouldnt be this confusion with no arrest.

Last edited:
Guys sounds as if he was familiar with one or both of them JMO
We’ve debated the use of the term “guys” endlessly. It sounds like something a coach or someone who works with kids would say. However, many disagree with me that it is said frequently, and commonly, in many situations.

amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member