Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! I watched the entire PC on mute just staring at him so I wouldn't be biased by anything and sure enough he definitely had a negative reaction right after he says "or works here". I watched until I saw a reaction I deemed was negative and then re-winded and turned it off mute and there it was! He looks down almost in shame. Based on that reaction I strongly believe they have a very good idea if not positive who it is and are ashamed (maybe because they missed him initially or because it is someone trusted).
I'm going with trusted.

I suspect a lot of that emotion had to be scripted to try to get a rise out of the killer. I don’t read more into than that. LE and locals certainly have good reason to be angry and emotional, stressed and upset.

I have read some statements regarding the emotions expressed in this presser. I am not sure what you mean by scripted but as a person who sees crimes scenes and works on these kind of cases, i can tell you, I for one, am very emotional about these victims. I can tell you that every one that worked any of these cases, whether they were last week or 30 years ago, will still have very high emotions about what they saw and what was done to our victims. The emotions you saw in that presser are the tip of iceberg. Until you have see what evil does, especially to children, you can not imagine what it does to your soul. It stays with you, every day, every waking hour and you take it home. You live it over and over, and pray to God that you can catch this monster. I 100% understand the tears that are shed and the chocking up on words when speaking or remembering the crime that was done.

I recall it was said their fear that night was that one of them had fallen from the bridge! So they were having to search that area directly under through the overgrown brush and rough terrain. They also thought it might be possible one or both slipped and fell into the creek aome way and were carried downstream so they weren't at all looking upstream where they were found. Some volunteers came to RL's place and asked if they could go back there and search at 6:30. So it was past dark before the area they were found was searched that night. Then one of her grandpas said he thought she might have run away to see her mother so there was that line of thinking and her phone pinging all around town didn't help.

Rbbm

I always thought that LE had made the comment about Libby's phone was pinging all over town when in fact, it was her Grandfather who says that. I just saw the interview the other day and it was a "throw away" kind of comment. It was not really factual.

At this point, I guess it's possible that it pinged off more than one tower. It happens. I can be in Victoria, BC and my phone will route through 3 different towers at different times. In fact, I know this, because it regularly pings, or routes, through Bellingham, Washington and I get charged for an International call.

I don't believe that the phone was moving. I think it stayed right where it was found. MOO

I have read some statements regarding the emotions expressed in this presser. I am not sure what you mean by scripted but as a person who sees crimes scenes and works on these kind of cases, i can tell you, I for one, am very emotional about these victims. I can tell you that every one that worked any of these cases, whether they were last week or 30 years ago, will still have very high emotions about what they saw and what was done to our victims. The emotions you saw in that presser are the tip of iceberg. Until you have see what evil does, especially to children, you can not imagine what it does to your soul. It stays with you, every day, every waking hour and you take it home. You live it over and over, and pray to God that you can catch this monster. I 100% understand the tears that are shed and the chocking up on words when speaking or remembering the crime that was done.
Great post. And I agree. But I do think the statement he read HAD TO BE scripted or he couldn’t have made it through. They need to shake this guy up and get a reaction from him. They desperately need that break. I still believe it was scripted and for good reason.

Great post. And I agree. But I do think the statement he read HAD TO BE scripted or he couldn’t have made it through. They need to shake this guy up and get a reaction from him. They desperately need that break. I still believe it was scripted and for good reason.
Yes. The statement was scripted, but the emotion (I believe) was real.

That was certainly written with the input of the FBI.

It had a lot of layers, and a lot of purpose.

Reply to Angelcat13, yes it happened in NJ. Sorry I cannot bring over your quote from previous thread.

There is no doubt in my mind that the killer intended to kill that day. I believe he was prepared and I believe he went there intentionally to kill.

There is no doubt in my mind that the girls were not previously targeted. Unfortunately, they were there, he was there, and it was an opportunity for him and he took it.

I agree that he is a disorganized killer. For all his planning (of which I believe there was a lot of), it was a mess. He was seen, videoed, recorded, and the girls were found quickly. He left the phone, and according to LE there is DNA. Messy and disorganized.

I do not believe he had killed before. I think he's young. I think this is his first. That's why they can't match up his DNA. So far he's been lucky but his luck is running out. He may have done other things but I don't think he got caught at whatever else he was up to. I think it was petty stuff, but when they do catch him, we're going to hear about stuff - you just know we will.

I believe he will kill again. He thinks he got away with it. Somehow he's kept his urges under wraps for the past two years, but it won't last. He will kill again and he will have learned from Abby and Libby's murder. He will evolve and eventually devolve if this goes on for a while longer.

The pressure is ratcheting up. I think LE are moving in on all sides. His days are numbered.

All MOO.

They have two dead girls, and a killer still on the loose.

They have families looking for answers, an unsettled and vocal public, and just spent nearly two years looking for a guy who doesn’t resemble the sketch they released.

If they knew for a fact who this guy is, they would have him in custody. They are taking DNA from potential suspects for a reason.

This guy certainly betrayed people, but that doesn’t mean that the press conference was evidence of a greater betrayal.

These are angry, upset, and stressed out members of law enforcement, who are just trying to catch a killer.

I think people are probably reading too much into that presser.
I agree. It was my own opinion that a sense of personal and professional betrayal was discernable in DC. Given that two institutions of Church and LE would arguably be among the cornerstones of his being,I feel there was infact enough of a sense to draw attention to my opinion as at least a possible topic for thought.

Obv upset by the scenario you descibe, but went beyond that imho. Moo.

SBM:

Facetiously, many moons ago after everyone endlessly talking about all his different potential occupations, I just went ahead and linked “Occupations A-Z” LoL (meaning you name it, roofer, telephone guy..lol). Anyway my point is that IMO one thing I’m thinking is that whatever he does, perhaps it is in a “self employed / contract / supervisory type capacity”, in which there would be less social accountability needed in the sense that he doesn’t have to answer to many and can do a lot of what he wants when he wants, has time alone, etc. I know because I’ve had these kinds of jobs before.

I know that there are differing opinions here as to his level of intelligence, etc, but I’m going to go ahead and say “yeah, he could be really dumb, but he also could be very smart”. Moo of course.

So yeah, I can see him “riding around in his truck, going to certain “jobs”, perhaps in an appraisatory (is that a word) construction type manner (is used to ride around with a “foreman” type) or like I said everything else A to Z. And there you have it, brain has officially turned to mush. Over and out and keep rocking! It ain’t over til it’s over!

Thanks for such a great post!

Occupation is an interesting one.

Some killers create occupations that will assist them to get "what they need".

Robert Black the serial child killer was a delivery man and fitted his van out with an abduction kit etc, so he could kidnap little girls and get them into his van in broad daylight. (until he failed and was caught in the act).

Truck drivers that are serial killers like Wayne Adam Ford and John Robert Williams used their rigs in a similar fashion to rape, torture and murder woman they abducted along their trucking routes.

The patrol officer Gerard John Schaefer used his position of authority to lure young female hitchhikers into his patrol car and would then rape, torture and kill them. Interestingly, he tried to become a priest and school teacher but was turned down because of his bad behavior.

Once they catch this killer its going to be interesting to see what his occupation is, if he had some priors as a kid for cruelty etc, and how he killed AW and LG.

moo

I have no more intentions on helping the sheriff and this case. I get the side by side pictures comment but they pretty much *advertiser censored* on sites like this by calling out sleuths like most are just wasting time and causing havoc.

JMO
That got me wondering about the exit BG took to get out of the area.

If BG was still with the alive girls and he started to hear people shout for the girls names then I agree that he may have panicked and killed them quickly to avoid them identifying him. Maybe he quickly covers their bodies with leaves and then his direction of travel would be one of two ways to avoid the commotion at the bridge area.

He would either cut through the back of L's property and end up on that road north of L's property. You know, the paths we saw that can get you out to a road behind L's property.

Or the only other escape route he had was to stay in the creekbed and walk it down the creek a ways to get farther away from the bridge area before coming up out of the creek.

I may have to take another look at the creek to see what exit points he could have taken if he stayed in the creek and just kept walking away from the bridge area. At some point he would have to come up out of the creek and so maybe he headed for a certain exit area. If he stayed in the creek and walked far enough away he may have had a good exit plan that put him somewhere where he could hide out for a day or so for things to quiet down.

Maybe even way past the cemetary area.

Or he could have left the area via Pine Grove Missionary Baptist Church area.

I have no more intentions on helping the sheriff and this case. I get the side by side pictures comment but they pretty much **** on sites like this by calling out sleuths like most are just wasting time and causing havoc.
He’s talking about the “armchair detectives” who are harassing innocent people on social media.

It’s one thing to call in a tip.

It’s another thing to publicly accuse people, based on their resemblance to a sketch.

It’s not complicated.

I don’t remember for sure when the 2:07pm Snapchat photo brought attention to the bridge but it seems to me it was quite a bit later in the evening.

Anyone remember anything about that? I also don’t recall knowing who captured the shot of it, other than somebody posted it on FB. But perhaps that’s only the time the media/the public became aware of it.
The one I’ve seen says “7 hours ago” so that would put it around 9pm. Iirc, Libby sent it to a friend who either didn’t open it right away or didn’t hear they were missing until later in the evening before she made the connection. Moo

I tend to agree, I think there were a lot of things in that press conference that were intended to make BG question what all evidence that investigators may have on him.

They want him to feel as though the walls are closing in

They want him to start acting out of his normal routine and character and missing work/ previous commitments

they want him to tell someone that he thinks he is being framed

They basically just want him to talk, talk to anyone about his uneasiness

They probably have there eyes and ears focused on a small group of suspects and are just waiting to pounce

Stirring the pot, as the panel said yesterday, attempting to “invoke”. (I think that was the word, ow my head..they did say “poke” too I think...)

Dangerous game, imo. Agitating him. Risky.

Does this work? It’s the PC video from page one. Sorry, I’m new to this forum!

Edited to add: The moment I am referring to is around the 3:30 mark.
He looks down and his eyes shift to the left same as Carters. He looks that way a few times but seems to be having a hard time not looking that way like he wants to be staring down someone. Of course it could be the families are there or just a camera man moving who catches their attention at times.

I also think about his role, Doug Carter is Superintendent of Indiana State Police. He’s not a detective assigned to work on the case day to day. While I would never say his emotion is not genuine, neither would I expect a professional with a policing background in his high level capacity to hold a televised press conference specifically to appeal to a murderer, without any prior scripting or any display of emotion whatsoever.

So I have no doubt everything was said, in the way it was said, was for a reason. It was well practised and was meaningful only to the murderer. Without knowing who that person is, it’s impossible to “read between the lines”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nat_rufa456