Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #150 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really don’t know.
I've always assumed they saw him near the bridge or on the trail around the time of the crime. Weren't there two witnesses? The first sketch was created soon afterwards but wasn't released until about 2 years ago? So first sketch is actually the second sketch that was released later, when the investigation changed course?

This is old, but how do we know LE figured his height and they didn't get it from a witness?

LISTEN: Police release audio from teen's cell phone in Delphi murder investigation

The grainy photo police released was taken on the popular Monon High Bridge. Police say the picture has already been enhanced, and their description is no better than a white male in a blue jacket and blue jeans.

"We can't provide height or weight," Slocum said. "The picture speaks for itself."

The height range was on the first bulletins of BG, which also had a weight range of 180-200 lbs. I don't recall all the conversations or LE statements regarding the physicals, but I trust the FBI can fairly accurately determine his physicals. I think their figure would have been the most accurate at 5'6", with shoes, as that is close to the actual height of the known suspect. It could also be they considered he had his head down as he walked on the bridge.
LE has never had a suspect for this murder, but a height discrepancy would never have been a reason to eliminate a possible suspect. All of the persons that were considered as possibilities, mostly by SM, were quickly excluded for other reasons.
Most importantly, I wonder if everyone is going to agree that the suspect walking on the bridge is RA, and therefore that person on the bridge is more or less, 5'5" tall.

Great post, thanks!

He does not look 5’5” to me - I’d put him at 5’7”-5’9” … but with head low.
Maybe he’s actually standing straight or even on his toes, which could take inches off estimate … who can tell!

I've always assumed they saw him near the bridge or on the trail around the time of the crime. Weren't there two witnesses? The first sketch was created soon afterwards but wasn't released until about 2 years ago? So first sketch is actually the second sketch that was released later, when the investigation changed course?
I vaguely recall the sketch was made by someone who saw a man near the bridge on the parking lot side of the bridge - before crossing the bridge.

I'm leaning towards the possibility that the suspect lured the girls to the end of the bridge prior to Feb 13, 2017. <modsnip: address of suspect/family (victims)>

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the transcripts, when KAK is being interviewed, LE ask about Emily Anne.
Conversations with one of the girls asks if she would be willing to share things with an older man.
Emily Anne says something along the lines of, " He's almost 43 ".
This would have been in 2016.
Would this match RA age at the time?

JMO
Close. I wonder what she was basing his age off of. He could have fudged a bit. JMO

Back in the transcripts, when KAK is being interviewed, LE ask about Emily Anne.
Conversations with one of the girls asks if she would be willing to share things with an older man.
Emily Anne says something along the lines of, " He's almost 43 ".
This would have been in 2016.
Would this match RA age at the time?

JMO
Public records say that Richard Allen was born in September of 1972.

The height range was on the first bulletins of BG, which also had a weight range of 180-200 lbs. I don't recall all the conversations or LE statements regarding the physicals, but I trust the FBI can fairly accurately determine his physicals. I think their figure would have been the most accurate at 5'6", with shoes, as that is close to the actual height of the known suspect. It could also be they considered he had his head down as he walked on the bridge.
LE has never had a suspect for this murder, but a height discrepancy would never have been a reason to eliminate a possible suspect. All of the persons that were considered as possibilities, mostly by SM, were quickly excluded for other reasons.
Most importantly, I wonder if everyone is going to agree that the suspect walking on the bridge is RA, and therefore that person on the bridge is more or less, 5'5" tall.
Well my point was (and it probably got lost in all my chatter) that it's surprising they didn't announce him as SHORT to the public. That's an outlying description that they could've been sure enough of to put it out to the public as a possible identifier. They do this all the time. It's a missed opportunity for help from the public. Nothing at all to do with narrowing down a perp. It certainly would've been more helpful than a 3 second audio clip that sounds like every man in a 10 mile radius.

It's amazing what focus hindsight can provide.

I realize now that something always bugged me about BG's jeans. Now I know - it's the leg length that was off. Way off. It seems obvious now that BG is a very short man.
How'd the FBI tech geeks get that so wrong in the beginning? The info from the start until what, last year, had him approximately 5" taller? That's a substantial difference.

I dont know why you still trying to tie this to KAK
he lives there by the murder location ! .. he was there all the time and any stupid slip ..he is gone
he didnt try to run to another state.. say another country
he is that BRAZEN just like his murder .. possibly felt safer with all the unrelated dramas that was on

Take a look into KAK & you’ll know why… there’s lots of official / confirmed info out there but it’s veeeeeeeerrrrryyy ugly

I’m thinking of KAK in addition to RMA not instead of him - haven’t seen the evidence against RMA yet but I already basically bought it just based on family’s gracious & grateful public comments

I may be in minority for believing RMA has committed no other major crimes in the past and he’s not a serial killer. Instead something was severely unbalanced in his life at the time which caused him to become angrily unhinged and lose self control, so he took the opportunity to lash out at innocents. JMO

“Much of the general public’s knowledge concerning serial homicide is a product of sensationalized and stereotypical depictions of it in the news and entertainment media. Colorful story lines are written to pique the interest of audiences, not to paint an accurate picture of serial murder.

By focusing on the larger-than-life media images of socially constructed “celebrity monsters,” the public becomes captivated by the stylized presentation of the criminals rather than the reality of their crimes. Media stereotypes and hyperbole create myths and great distortions in the public consciousness regarding the true dynamics and patterns of serial murder in the U.S.

The Reality of Serial Homicide in the U.S.
Serial killings account for no more than 1 percent of all murders committed in the U.S. Based on recent FBI crime statistics, there are approximately 15,000 murders annually, so that means there are no more than 150 victims of serial murder in the U.S. in any given year.1 The FBI estimates that there are between twenty-five and fifty serial killers operating throughout the U.S. at any given time.

If there are fifty, then each one is responsible for an average of three murders per year. Serial killers are always present in society. However, the statistics reveal that serial homicide is quite rare and it represents a small portion of all murders committed in the U.S……”

That all makes sense. I can’t say he’s a serial killer but it still defies logic to me that he’s committed no serious crimes before this. (Rape, molestation, etc.). The reason I say that is because there were two, adolescent victims that he stalked and took and killed in a public place. I feel like that would take a lot of confidence.

But it could be a one off.

Anything more we officially learn regarding the arrest will be icing on this sweet day.

Long time members of this case, understand why we're happy. If it confuses others, know we've mourned the brutal unnecessary murders of these bright and beautiful children, Abby and Libby since the afternoon they were reported missing.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown feels, and stated in her YT video tonight, her professional opinion is that a Serial Killer has been arrested for the double homicide. Yep. She thinks this is not his first. How alarming!
I love pat brown i watch her videos

This is old, but how do we know LE figured his height and they didn't get it from a witness?

LISTEN: Police release audio from teen's cell phone in Delphi murder investigation

The grainy photo police released was taken on the popular Monon High Bridge. Police say the picture has already been enhanced, and their description is no better than a white male in a blue jacket and blue jeans.

"We can't provide height or weight," Slocum said. "The picture speaks for itself."
Thanks TL4S , I didn't recall this at all. Do we know for sure RA is 5' 4" ? Is that correct info?
I know not where it originated.

My thoughts. I live in Indiana and am a WS member so yes, Libby and Abby have been constantly on my mind for the past 5.8 years. I believe familial DNA came into play here to connect the dots. Perhaps why the arrest took so long.The KK connection may come into play to bring them to the bridge that day. But the weapon used, placement of that weapon on the girl(s), and “relationship” between RA and the girls-<modsnip> will all be most important along with the DNA. Just thankful there has been an arrest and hopefully the families and Libby and Abby will see justice for these horrendous murders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member