IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The user NotSoGrumpy said - "He could have walked them across that?!?! How immobilizing having cars so close and not being able to get HELP." (Referring to a picture of the bridge entering town above US 25). It's not important, all I was pointing out is the bridge above US 25 is not the Monon High Bridge and is no more relevant to the case than any other access point to the trail.​

Ok. I understand now. :)

NotSoGrumpy was just confused about the bridge.

Many us think the bridge COULD be relevant if the killer spotted the girls walking across it while he was driving on the highway below.

Mr. Top, the kids and I went out for dinner tonight. As we were walking into the restaurant, I was walking behind them all and noticed that Mr. Top could have easily been mistaken for BG. He was wearing dad jeans that he buys at Costco, a big bulky jacket and had his hands in his pockets. Mr. Top is about 5'11" and about 195 lbs. He's 51. He's really not a big guy, you would even describe him as slim but with those clothes on he looked big.

Mr. Top is educated, has an office job and can afford much nicer clothes but just doesn't like to spend a lot of money on clothes. We live in a big city, not in a rural area. My point is that almost anyone could look like BG and we may be surprised as to the type of person he ends up being.

LOL! Kirkland jeans! That has been how my mind describes them from the photo;)

The user NotSoGrumpy said - "He could have walked them across that?!?! How immobilizing having cars so close and not being able to get HELP." (Referring to a picture of the bridge entering town above US 25). It's not important, all I was pointing out is the bridge above US 25 is not the Monon High Bridge and is no more relevant to the case than any other access point to the trail.​

No I think she meant he could have seen them from his car below as the girls walked across that.

An hour and forty nine minutes to read and catch up! Nothing new, and NO questions LOL.

Are we allowed to ask if BG would possibly have any connection to either of them or their families? Could it be something where he's right under their noses?

JMO and I'm thinking out loud. Not sleuthing any family members. Simply typing as I'm thinking.

Sure, you can ask :). But nobody can answer with any names even if they think there's a connection :).

Awesome photos and awesome summary of your impressions, #1nana.

I can picture this place so much better with your description. I've been on many "nature" walks that were along or near a highway. It seems like you're away from civilization, but you're actually very close.

I'm wondering all the more if he brought them to a shed or some structure to get them to be quiet and then later brought them to the place they were found. IDK.

jmo

Thank you Nana, great pictures and great analysis.

I'm thinking more and more he took them somewhere else considering how open things are and how close to roads and people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we allowed to ask if BG would possibly have any connection to either of them or their families? Could it be something where he's right under their noses?

JMO and I'm thinking out loud. Not sleuthing any family members. Simply typing as I'm thinking.

I would hope that LE has looked into folks that may have come into contact with the family over the past say couple years.

Do most homes have fireplaces? I'm in Texas, it's 62 and I have my fire going. When people are talking about him being overdressed...at 42 degrees I'm in a parka.

When I lived in the upper midwest, 42 in February would be considered a beautiful day and an opportunity to open all the windows in the house to let fresh air in. When I was the girls' age, on a day like that (and especially a day off of school) it would have felt nice to take off some of the heavy layers and just be in lighter clothing even if you felt a bit chilly. Now that I live in a warmer climate and have acclimatized to it, 42 feels freezing and I'm one of the wimps wearing scarves and fingerless gloves and winter boots. So I think it all depends on what you're used to and the relative standards of "warm" vs "freezing". The fact that BG seems so much more dressed for cool weather than the girls could mean any number of things and it's impossible to know which one at this point.

I think you just DID ask. LOL. :)

I think this bridge is harder to find now for people not already familiar with the area because within the last couple of years they re-routed US 25. Now you have to get off of 25 and loop around to get to the entrance or walk in from town. I'm pretty sure before you could just turn onto 300N without making the loop. Perhaps that means its even less likely for a stranger to come waltzing in?

Yes that's were the gps kept taking us. There and to Riley park. I didn't see that the metal bridge over the highway was actually part of the trail until we left. Then my jaw dropped. Finding the wooden bridge was very difficult. At least for us.

When I lived in the upper midwest, 42 in February would be considered a beautiful day and an opportunity to open all the windows in the house to let fresh air in. When I was the girls' age, on a day like that (and especially a day off of school) it would have felt nice to take off some of the heavy layers and just be in lighter clothing even if you felt a bit chilly. Now that I live in a warmer climate and have acclimatized to it, 42 feels freezing and I'm one of the wimps wearing scarves and fingerless gloves and winter boots. So I think it all depends on what you're used to and the relative standards of "warm" vs "freezing". The fact that BG seems so much more dressed for cool weather than the girls could mean any number of things and it's impossible to know which one at this point.

YES! 42 in February in Indiana with SUN is like 80 elsewhere. It was breaking news all over the state. So most people would find it cold, but Hoosiers were enjoying the heat wave!

Feeling discouraged about finding this *advertiser censored**hole. Just being honest :/

Perp looks like any ole generic white middle aged dude to all of us that don't know him, but to those who do know him he will be recognizable from the photos. In my opinion. (I think he looks like my husband! LOL!) LE are trying to get his photo plastered around but a little earlier this evening I decided to post his photo on a post on my FB and it was actually quite difficult to find one of the better quality copies to share. SO, it is very possible that anyone who knows him has not seen his photo even though all of us can see him in our sleep! I think he will be recognizable from his photo by anyone who knows him personally. It really is remarkable to have such clear photos available of a suspect but they have got to spread like wildfire to be seen.

Just curious, would any of you run or walk briskly on that bridge without ever being there before? If you had been there many times and knew the tracks would you feel safe enough to walk briskly across? The reason I ask is based on the photos just posted of Abby and of the one facing the opposite direction of the empty tracks. Where the heck is BG? Why isn't he in one of THOSE photos way off in the distance? I really think (and could be totally wrong) BG is a local. He knows the tracks and the area very well.

This is all just my opinion and subject to change if the po po releases new info. [emoji846]

No!!! I have skydived and bungee jumped. I had full intentions today of going on the bridge until I saw the rotting/missing/huge gapped boards. No way.

Yes that's were the gps kept taking us. There and to Riley park. I didn't see that the metal bridge over the highway was actually part of the trail until we left. Then my jaw dropped. Finding the wooden bridge was very difficult. At least for us.

Your experience in trying to find this trail/bridge is corroborated by the travel reviews and blogs I have found about it. I have read some travel blogs from seasoned travelers who said they had a hard time finding this bridge. It's not an area a person can just accidentally stumble upon, from everything I've read.

And I almost forgot. We had cell service at the bridge. We both have AT&T

Thank you Nana, great pictures and great analysis.

I'm thinking more and more he took them somewhere else considering how open things are and how close to roads and people.

I don't think so. You can not see the creek from the road or the cemetery and I doubt they could have been seen seen from Mr Logans home.

Once inside the area where they were found, it is wooded. Even with the foliage not there, I don't think they would have been seen.

Here are the trees just behind the cemetery fence. The further you go down the more wooded it is. Mr Logan said there were two hills to go down before reaching the creek area.

JMO

81bb8c85302c154a09e3206d39b4f009.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I don't think so. You can not see the creek from the road or the cemetery and I doubt they could have been seen seen from Mr Logans home.

Once inside the area where they were found, it is wooded. Even with the foliage not there, I don't think they would have been seen.

Here are the trees just behind the cemetery fence. The further you go down the more wooded it is. Mr Logan said there were two hills to go down before reaching the creek area.

JMO

81bb8c85302c154a09e3206d39b4f009.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Exactly. If he had the girls in the area between the creek and the cemetery you couldn't see them from the road. In fact it would be more secluded than down by the entrance imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member