IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont recall a news article that stared anyones reputation being ruined. The police have to follow tips. If the tips happen to lead to probable cause they have to execute a search order. Of you were LE what is more important, someones reputation, or finding the murderer of these two teen girls?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I don't recall the search warrants turning up anything, much less an arrest. I do recall the police telling people to stop threatening the people on Bicycle Road, though. Having just read the article about the people being harassed in the Bevers case, which has also led to nothing, I have a great deal of sympathy for them, as well. I have read stories or seen documentaries of too many parents or spouses in other cases who were harassed, threatened and ostracized for decades until their loved ones' murders were actually solved. That breaks my heart, since they suffered incredible loss, then had their lives further destroyed by (usually) small town gossip and misplaced suspicions. They are never allowed to grieve and try to put their lives back together. Many are forced to abandon their homes, moving away from remaining loved ones and support systems, just for some peace. I find that unacceptable and torturous.

The Internet makes it even worse, since it never goes away and is globally available. Hard to find work to support your family if a simple Internet search links you to a murder. That's why some countries have laws called "the right to be forgotten", which force tech and news organizations to remove such information after a specified period of time if the private citizen it applies to petitions the courts. The U.S. is way behind when it comes to privacy. If we had something like that, I would be more flexible.

And, no, I doubt they would have a legal case. Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do to put people through that, especially on very weak "evidence". The cops have to follow up on it, but people don't have to be fast, loose and overly persistent with trying to get them to do so.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Do most homes have fireplaces? I'm in Texas, it's 62 and I have my fire going. When people are talking about him being overdressed...at 42 degrees I'm in a parka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wasn't overdressed for that day. He's dressed like someone who will be outside throughout the day. It was 28 degrees that morning but got up to 47 mid-day. The average high is in the 30s for Indiana this time of year but it has been a warm winter season. The girls are dressed like teens dress when the weather gets a bit warmer than the usual winter in Indiana.

Feeling discouraged about finding this *advertiser censored**hole. Just being honest :/

Hang in there. Justice moves slowly. They have pictures/video, they have a voice, and possibly DNA.

Thank you so much for the photos, #1nana! Could you kindly answer a couple questions?

Did the hills look less steep than what you thought before your field trip? Also, did Deer Creek look easily crossable?

No!!! I have skydived and bungee jumped. I had full intentions today of going on the bridge until I saw the rotting/missing/huge gapped boards. No way.

I have not heard from any locals if being on this bridge was a norm for general public. Of course teens are known to take risks however if this bridge was not a normal path and most adults wouldn't walk it it leads me to believe he had been sitting back and watching them and with them being on a bridge was a perfect opportunity to "trap" them . Maybe even holding one and saying he would throw her over if the other didn't comply with his demands.

The did not use the word 'online'. They merely said be aware what your kids are up to.
Good thought! Could one of the very talented map makers here please show us that possible path?

Not considered talented, just have the time to post. The OSCAR awards would be the alternative..;--)

Attachments

• indiana alternative bridge east.jpg
    indiana alternative bridge east.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 126
There's no way in heck I'd cross that bridge. It makes me really think multiple were involved and that this perp is local. Too many risks to be random IMO. Props to you #1nana for the pics!! JMO

He wasn't overdressed for that day. He's dressed like someone who will be outside throughout the day. It was 28 degrees that morning but got up to 47 mid-day. The average high is in the 30s for Indiana this time of year but it has been a warm winter season. The girls are dressed like teens dress when the weather gets a bit warmer than the usual winter in Indiana.

With the exception of a couple of days, I've had a few windows in my house open since December.

20º in January or February? I'm airing the place out for a few hours! If it's 40 or 50 deg, I leave a few open around the clock.

A few questions tonight:

1. I noticed a dusting of snow in video apx. 1 week before the murders. Does anyone know if there was any snow left on February 13th?

2. Did LE use dogs to track, and if so, what kind and for how long?

3. Did LE use heat sensing and infrared equipment over the surrounding wooded area at all during the aftermath of this crime?

4. Do any of the locals know if there are posters up at truckstops, gas stations, laundromats, grocery stores, corner store bulletin boards, throughout the state, alerting shoppers and travelers of the POI?

5. Has LE done a PDF printable poster for people to share and post? If so, can you please link it?

6. What can we do to further public interest and publicity in this case?

WG

Not my business what nana1 does but I initially posted a link to my photos here. Someone took it and posted it and my photos on "that" fb page. My google account gave enough information for me to be found. Several people had issues, apparently, with me posting photos of the area. It was scary and not pleasant.

No good deed goes...

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Wow [emoji33]

They were marking items like trash.
954652fa5e79b8b4b3f123e5d82e8b1c.jpg

How is anything found ,as of current, going to ever be considered evidence? Too many people allowed access; to still be collecting evidence. Unless DNA is linked to items founds. I'm concerned about that...

I was noticing he is wearing the fanny pack on his right side. I'm right handed and I wear my fanny pack on my left side. Could this BG be left handed ?

I don't think so. You can not see the creek from the road or the cemetery and I doubt they could have been seen seen from Mr Logans home.

Once inside the area where they were found, it is wooded. Even with the foliage not there, I don't think they would have been seen.

Here are the trees just behind the cemetery fence. The further you go down the more wooded it is. Mr Logan said there were two hills to go down before reaching the creek area.

JMO

81bb8c85302c154a09e3206d39b4f009.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I've crossed many a barbed wire fence when hunting in LA. But this would be tough to cross - 'hog wire' on the bottom and 2 strands of barbed wire on top and, judging from the white objects at the top it might be an electrically charged wire. I've walked into an electric fence in the dark and they HURT!!!

I was noticing he is wearing the fanny pack on his right side. I'm right handed and I wear my fanny pack on my left side. Could this BG be left handed ?

Way way way back someone theorized he may be left handed.....can't remember why. Definitely something to explore.

#1nana
Did the search teams /LE seem bothered that you were there or like you were not supposed to be? I would like to go but I was afraid they would get nasty. Is any of it blocked off or taped off?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

No but I felt intrusive and like I shouldn't be there if you know what I mean? It just felt wrong being there and taking pictures. A few said hello. The others mostly went about their business. There was nothing visible taped/blocked off.

How is anything found ,as of current, going to ever be considered evidence? Too many people allowed access; to still be collecting evidence. Unless DNA is linked to items founds. I'm concerned about that...

Maybe something like a receipt? I think chances are slim they'll find anything useful at this point but I guess you never know.

Way way way back someone theorized he may be left handed.....can't remember why. Definitely something to explore.

I think it was speculated because some people think he is wearing a watch on his right wrist, which led to some thinking that might be more common for a left handed person.

Left handed was I think when adding brightness to photo there was a glare from right handed watch wearing. Was a theory as can't be confirmed. Idk

Okay, another new theory. BG could be a drifter, or at least homeless. He could have had a backpack or duffel bag with all his stuff in it hidden on the north side of the bridge, or under it, where he had been staying. He may have crossed over to the south side when he saw the girls there and walked past them to catch them off guard, and Libby got the video of him while he was on the way. They may have gone out on the bridge to take some pictures, but saw him approaching them. Rather than going back, they might have continued crossing, thinking that he wouldn't do anything if it would cause him/them to fall off. Once they got to the other side, he may have caught them right away, or he may have had a partner waiting there to grab them. It's also possible that they did run to escape, but he caught them before they got very far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti