IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too appreciate those of you who are taking the time to work with the photos.

It also looks like he has somethind down his right pantleg. Bully clubish. Almost goes to his knee. What in the world could that be..

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hello Lionheart! I think it was you who asked yesterday when exactly the FBI became involved. I answered you back in thread 13 (I believe), don't know if you saw it. They came right on the day the girls were found and helped process the crime scene.

The thing is, the photo looks like the gun-shape is somehow "hanging" in the jacket - more like something in the pocket more than something underneath a jacket. It doesn't seem the jacket fabric would mold to the shape so much. I think it's an optical illusion.

jmopinion

It's there in both pictures of him walking. It looks too distinct for me to dismiss as an optical illusion. The holster and weapon are thick, and when put over a big belly, I could see it pressing out into the jacket and allowing the sunlight to show its outline.

Yes only speculation. I don't understand your point. Speculating is what we do here. That's why most posts have an "imo" or "moo" etc tagged onto them.

Agreed! I'm attempting at this point to regard my speculation only within the perimeters of the facts give by LE or WS's that have actually visited the site! All conjecture is interesting!

I'm really surprised nobody has come forward on this guy. It's a gift to get a picture of a killer. then again, maybe it's in the 6,000 tips. Today I had a feeling that he did himself in after these killings and it could be a long time before his body is found.

Hello Lionheart! I think it was you who asked yesterday when exactly the FBI became involved. I answered you back in thread 13 (I believe), don't know if you saw it. They came right on the day the girls were found and helped process the crime scene.
Thank you! Does anyone know if that is normal? When does the FBI usually become involved? When did they become involved in other similar cases?

Could be either. We need law enforcement to get their experts to determine what kind of hat this is. If we could know that, then you'd be on your way to capturing this SOB.

In their description of the perp they didn't include a hat, they said hoodie.

The photograph appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie.

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

These are a few other manipulations I have made to the photo.

First I blew up the photo 300% and cropped it around the man.

attachment.php

I then increased the contrast and greatly decreased the brightness. Sometimes certain details can be seen just by changing brightness and contrast.

attachment.php

Lastly, I changed all color channels to grayscale. I set most of the colors to zero except for red which tends to pull out facial features for Caucasians.

attachment.php

I'm going to play around with it a little more before bed.

WOAH! Now I see how people say he looks young! Those are fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really surprised nobody has come forward on this guy. It's a gift to get a picture of a killer. then again, maybe it's in the 6,000 tips. Today I had a feeling that he did himself in after these killings and it could be a long time before his body is found.

I find it very surprising aswell, to have a picture(albeit low quality) and a recording of his voice and still, nothing? That really leads me to believe this guy is a real loner, known by very very few, which makes it all the much harder to track him down

In their description of the perp they didn't include a hat, they said hoodie.

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

I personally think the hoodie part comes from the stuff behind his neck. It looks like he's wearing a hoodie, but the hoodie part is just behind his neck and not on his head. I think he's wearing some type of hat, or else that's the weirdest tuft of hair I've ever seen.

I finally created an account earlier today after lurking here since law enforcement released that terrifying recording last week. I commend you all for staying on top of information and doing your best to help locate this monster.

I grew up in Northwest Indiana before moving to Chicago but very rarely ventured elsewhere in the state so my knowledge of the area is non-existent.
That said, the case initially received a good deal of coverage here which is probably why it stuck with me. I also have a 13-year-old sister so, of course, I automatically think of her and her safety.

My opinion on the case has changed multiple times and there's still so much that's unknown. The only two thoughts that have stayed consistent with me are that it wasn't random and that the person responsible was familiar with the location. I'm not saying he's a current resident but perhaps he lived there at some point, has friends/family in the area, or conducted business there. This seems even more plausible after reading the account of the poster who went there and took photos.

I don't think the girls had any connection to the murderer but it seems he purposely sought them out. I know there hasn't been a definitive answer as to whether or not social media played a role but, at the very least, he could've used it to decipher their whereabouts and plans for the day since their accounts were public. Initially, I thought this was a case of a pedophile who created a fake profile and pretended to be a teenage boy to lure them in. They agreed to meet and go hiking but instead of the aforementioned boy, they're met by the murderer. The man says something that only the girls and the boy they thought they were talking to would know and that immediately triggers Libby's inner panic button so she decides to record for evidence because she knows something is about to go horribly wrong.

The only part giving me pause is the SC photo. For some reason, it gives me the impression of two girls goofing around and having fun together but not en route to meet anyone. If that's the case, it goes back to them being traceable via social media.

Like all of you, I hope this case is solved ASAP. There's just something so dark and sinister about it all that gives me an uneasy feeling every time I think about it.
Thank you, and welcome to WS! I've also been very uneasy about this.

I'm not sure why but I have this horrendous feeling he'll strike again soon. Partly because of Hus ego, partly because of him feeling the heat.

Moo

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I finally created an account earlier today after lurking here since law enforcement released that terrifying recording last week. I commend you all for staying on top of information and doing your best to help locate this monster.

I grew up in Northwest Indiana before moving to Chicago but very rarely ventured elsewhere in the state so my knowledge of the area is non-existent.
That said, the case initially received a good deal of coverage here which is probably why it stuck with me. I also have a 13-year-old sister so, of course, I automatically think of her and her safety.

My opinion on the case has changed multiple times and there's still so much that's unknown. The only two thoughts that have stayed consistent with me are that it wasn't random and that the person responsible was familiar with the location. I'm not saying he's a current resident but perhaps he lived there at some point, has friends/family in the area, or conducted business there. This seems even more plausible after reading the account of the poster who went there and took photos.

I don't think the girls had any connection to the murderer but it seems he purposely sought them out. I know there hasn't been a definitive answer as to whether or not social media played a role but, at the very least, he could've used it to decipher their whereabouts and plans for the day since their accounts were public. Initially, I thought this was a case of a pedophile who created a fake profile and pretended to be a teenage boy to lure them in. They agreed to meet and go hiking but instead of the aforementioned boy, they're met by the murderer. The man says something that only the girls and the boy they thought they were talking to would know and that immediately triggers Libby's inner panic button so she decides to record for evidence because she knows something is about to go horribly wrong.

The only part giving me pause is the SC photo. For some reason, it gives me the impression of two girls goofing around and having fun together but not en route to meet anyone. If that's the case, it goes back to them being traceable via social media.

Like all of you, I hope this case is solved ASAP. There's just something so dark and sinister about it all that gives me an uneasy feeling every time I think about it.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

In case anyone needs a break/laugh. Im searching for concealed weapons holsters and I came across an 8 step guide on how to conceal an erection. Didnt click on it, tempting. 8 steps seems like a lot. lol

In case anyone needs a break/laugh. Im searching for concealed weapons holsters and I came across an 8 step guide on how to conceal an erection. Didnt click on it, tempting. 8 steps seems like a lot. lol

Well geez 8 steps and you won't have the problem anymore

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

It's perfect if you're left handed

I am left handed and the "gun" in his pocket is in his right pocket I fail to see how this would be easy to pull a gun out of my right pocket to fire it with my left.

I think it could be a bottle of water and a bag of chips in his pocket ,scale wise it would have be a large pistol ,if it is a gun . If that is the case then it might not have fit into a pocket any other way.

Thank you for this!! It stuck out to me that LE has seemed to stress (IMO) there may be multiple suspects. From what I've seen, these cases tend to have a sexually motivated factor and (I feel gross typing this) they wouldn't want some other person as a part of that fantasy they have in their head with these girls. In cases I've seen where there are multiple suspects, it's usually not sexually motivated and the suspects are familiar with the kids. (Family kidnapping type of scenario, ransom situations, etc.) All MOO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have actually been quite a few offenders who worked in tandem like that, actually.

I personally think the hoodie part comes from the stuff behind his neck. It looks like he's wearing a hoodie, but the hoodie part is just behind his neck and not on his head. I think he's wearing some type of hat, or else that's the weirdest tuft of hair I've ever seen.
This inverted photo was posted many threads back, it looks like a hoodie, IMO
attachment.php

Attachments

• invert.JPG
    invert.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 710
You know what I think is extremely important? Identifying the type of hat this guy is wearing. While it is very tough to get a accurate assessment of his face, I would think law enforcement could determine to a degree the style of hat this man has on. Figure out the hat and we really could be onto something then. Figure out the type of hat, and then put that out there for all the public to see and think about who wears it............ I really think this could be KEY.

To me, it looks like he isn't wearing a hood or hat, but, rather, has a mullet hair"style" and sandy blonde or light brown hair, with nothing covering it. Or, at least, the "business in the front" part of a mullet, since we can't see the back as well. It looks kind of swirled around the crown of his head, if that makes any sense. Like, forward, back, and to the sides, all from the crown, without a distinct part. And kind of a shaggy-ish length (as well as possibly longer in the back). However, I could have just been reading this thread and staring at these pictures for waaaaay too long, creating mullets in my mind where, in fact, it might be impossible to tell what's really there. So, that's just my opinion and what I see.

There seems to be some discrepancy to whether the suspect is wearing a hood, a cap, or both. Is it possible that it might be something like this?

9eb04d773d02a5d07879da6a44b51a26_zpsauamj2c1.jpg

1ef27eed78a5650d1bd76e293580ccc0_zps8c42x9du.jpg

It kind of looks like this style but I would think he'd want his ears uncovered in order to hear anyone approaching or in the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid