IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has never said it was "stuff of nightmares". They have never even used the word nightmares.

I remember the one LE saying that those who heard it would hear it every night when they went to be for the rest of their lives OR something to that affect.

Does anyone else remember that? I will try to go look for that press conference.

Regarding the serial killer angle (which I'm not entirely sold on) I was reading the Wikipedia article about SKs and found the section on organized/disorganized/mixed classifications to be interesting. If this crime was committed by a lone SK, looking at the various characteristics listed, which classification would you say fits BG?
organized, disorganized, mixed?

I itemized and somewhat paraphrased the section for readability sake: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_killer#Organization

Organized serial killers:
- often plan their crimes methodically
- usually abduct victims, killing them in one place and disposing of them in another.
- often lure the victims with ploys appealing to their sense of sympathy.
- some specifically target prostitutes, who are likely to go voluntarily with a stranger.
- maintains a high degree of control over the crime scene. usually has a solid knowledge of forensic science that enables them to cover their tracks.
- may follow their crimes in the news media carefully and often take pride in their actions, as if it were all a grand project.
- usually have social and other interpersonal skills sufficient to enable them to develop both personal and romantic relationships, friends and lovers and sometimes even attract and maintain a spouse and sustain a family including children.
- in the event of their capture most likely to be described by acquaintances as - kind and unlikely to hurt anyone.
- IQ tend to be near normal range, with a mean of 94.7.
** organized nonsocial offenders tend to be on the higher end of the average, with a mean IQ of 99.2.

Disorganized serial killers:
- usually far more impulsive, often committing their murders with a random weapon available at the time
- usually do not attempt to hide the body.
- likely to be unemployed, a loner, or both, with very few friends.
- often turn out to have a history of mental illness
- modus operandi (M.O.) or lack thereof, is often marked by excessive violence and sometimes necrophilia and/or sexual violence.
- disorganized serial killers have been found to have a slightly lower mean IQ than organized serial killers, at 92.8

* the classification of mixed offender exhibits both organized and disorganized characteristics

IMO disorganized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE has never said it was "stuff of nightmares". They have never even used the word nightmares.

RSBM

Thanks.
Wonder where that came from ? Sorry if someone pointed it out and I missed it. :p

I dont think we can have it both ways.... either they have more video "the stuff of nightmares" or they are bluffing.

1. if theres more video then why can they not determine if there were more than one perp. How do they not have more audio? Either they are watching the video or they are hearing audio... either way they should have more information the he BG and if there are more suspects... real simple was there ever anyone else on the video.

2. they are bluffing to make the perp think they caught the crime on video in order to get a full confession of what happened to the girls because they are not completely clear. Autopsies do not tell the whole story, even with a COD what the events were leading up to the death can still be a mystery.

These are just my opinions :)

They have not said that they do not have more audio. I think they likely have quite a bit.

Interesting comment 10 or minutes ago on the Justice for...FB Page.
Is it a closed FB page/group?

I'm not asking you to post what was said, just curious if it's open to the public.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Hi EM. :seeya:

From the timing of both images of Abby and BG in the afternoon (between 2 and 3 p.m. IIRC), and the direction the sunlight is hitting them plus the shadow angles, many WS'ers have deduced that they are walking from the north to the south end of the bridge. IMO Which to me implies that he followed them and forced them back to the south end of the bridge.

On thread #22 post #797 the suspect is on the bridge and the photo was taken with trees and ground in between him and the girls i can't see how that image is taken from the south side with the bridge being off the ground for a good distance on the south end. To me that is on the north end, where the trail ends. Jmo

Am I allowed to ask if anyone knows anything of Abby's father? Not mentioned in obituary nor is any family from that side.

On an earlier thread it was noted that in 74% of the cases, LE has the suspects name within the first week after the crimes. So I guess we have a 74% chance that BG's name is in the stack somewhere?

I sure hope so. Especially since we have the still shots and audio clip. It may come down to a process and elimination type deal with police having to plow through hundreds if not thousands of names until they have their man. With the evidence the public has It's just a matter of time before he's turned in by someone that recognizes him. Worst case scenario is that he'll always have to live in fear of being recognized in public.

-Dan

Just a quick point about the blurry photos

Since they crime was not committed on the video apparently, this guy "could" just be some simple moron out with his dog for a walk. I doubt it but it is possible.

Imagine the lawsuit the police dept would have blasting this guys picture on 6000 billboards crystal clearly if he was somehow not involved.

With today's technology, i find it so hard to believe this is the best they have. Not to mention, the photo has artifacts of manipulation in it.

My opinion is they decreased the resolution to give just enough info on him for leads, but not enough where he could sue.

i think a lawsuit would be stopped dead in it's tracks since he did not come forward when his picture was initially released to the public. It took them quite some time to do the bill boards.

On thread #22 post #797 the suspect is on the bridge and the photo was taken with trees and ground in between him and the girls i can't see how that image is taken from the south side with the bridge being off the ground for a good distance on the south end. To me that is on the north end, where the trail ends. Jmo
That is not a real photo! It was photoshopped.

I think the guy involved in the large donation made the "stuff that nightmares are made of" comment.

Not possible for either the girls or BG to have been walking north when the photo or the video were taken due to the angle of the sun and the sides of the individuals that have sunlight on them (their right sides in both cases). Were it to be the case of heading north then the photo and video capture would have to have taken place between11:53am and 12:30pm. And we know that isn't the case.

Is it possible the images that LE released were reversed/flipped?
They appear to be pixeled to me?

First time posting, but I've read every thread on these girls.
Regarding photos of BG:
In one pic, I clearly see the hood up. In the other, though, I definitely see thick brown hair. I have seen the inverted color (light/dark reversed) pic someone did which shows the hood visible on both pics. Also, I've read the discussions about how it must be the hood in both since the pics are assumed to be taken in quick sequence as still shots from video, and the hood wouldn't be up in one, down in the other that quickly.

With all that said, I'm wondering if people see BG in the pics with thick brown hair, when it's possible it's his hood up, so he may have blonde, black, or gray hair...they may rule out someone as a suspect thinking well he looks like BG but he's bald, or whatever. MOO

Also, my impression is his jacket is stuffed with something ("tools" etc.) So it's hard to judge his actual body shape. At first glance it looks like he is heavy set, but IMO he has a lot of "stuff" in his pockets and/or under his jacket. MOO

I know his picture has been scrutinized seven ways to Sunday, but it's just frustrating that his picture is out there but he hasn't been caught. I do believe this is the best image LE has of the guy though. I think if there were clearer images, even if they arent releasing them for whatever reason, they would at least release a description (estimated ht, wt, hair color etc.) All this is MOO!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Regarding the serial killer angle (which I'm not entirely sold on) I was reading the Wikipedia article about SKs and found the section on organized/disorganized/mixed classifications to be interesting. If this crime was committed by a lone SK, looking at the various characteristics listed, which classification would you say fits BG?
organized, disorganized, mixed?

I itemized and somewhat paraphrased the section for readability sake: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_killer#Organization

Organized serial killers:
- often plan their crimes methodically
- usually abduct victims, killing them in one place and disposing of them in another.
- often lure the victims with ploys appealing to their sense of sympathy.
- some specifically target prostitutes, who are likely to go voluntarily with a stranger.
- maintains a high degree of control over the crime scene. usually has a solid knowledge of forensic science that enables them to cover their tracks.
- may follow their crimes in the news media carefully and often take pride in their actions, as if it were all a grand project.
- usually have social and other interpersonal skills sufficient to enable them to develop both personal and romantic relationships, friends and lovers and sometimes even attract and maintain a spouse and sustain a family including children.
- in the event of their capture most likely to be described by acquaintances as - kind and unlikely to hurt anyone.
- IQ tend to be near normal range, with a mean of 94.7.
** organized nonsocial offenders tend to be on the higher end of the average, with a mean IQ of 99.2.

Disorganized serial killers:
- usually far more impulsive, often committing their murders with a random weapon available at the time
- usually do not attempt to hide the body.
- likely to be unemployed, a loner, or both, with very few friends.
- often turn out to have a history of mental illness
- modus operandi (M.O.) or lack thereof, is often marked by excessive violence and sometimes necrophilia and/or sexual violence.
- disorganized serial killers have been found to have a slightly lower mean IQ than organized serial killers, at 92.8

* the classification of mixed offender exhibits both organized and disorganized characteristics

Casey Jordan, the criminologist who has talked about this case on HLN, has stated she believes this is an organized killer. I think Sheryl McCollum indicated on Tricia's show last night that this killer is organized.

I lean towards him being organized or maybe mixed.

I think the guy involved in the large donation made the "stuff that nightmares are made of" comment.

Well dang first i heard that, it looks better then what was released. Maybe LE should have him fix the others. Jmo

Pat McAfee? No, he did not make that quote.

An investigator on the case speaking anonymously made that quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value