IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if part of the phone outages have anything to do with the awful..horrid. wildfires burning in NE Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas?

The fact that police have only released two stills from the video make me think they probably have some decent leads. Right? I get that they might not want to release all of the video out of sensitivity to the victims' families, but it also strikes me as odd that the video starts exactly on the first still image. IIRC cameras generally film 27 or 30 frames per second. You'd think that Libby filmed more than 1 or 2 seconds before this man confronted them. Even a 1 or 2 second clip would show how he walked, which makes me think things might not be as cold for the police as some people are saying.

It also looks like there is a very strong chance he wasn't wearing gloves unless they were the same tone as his face. What are the chances he didn't transfer DNA to their clothing? I'm not an expert on DNA, and maybe he put gloves on after the video recording stopped, but I would assume that any altercation that did not involve a gun would likely result in DNA left at the seen through touch or hairs left. I know there has been discussion and walk back from LE about what evidence they have, but why would you want the perp to think you don't have DNA being processed unless you were trying to build a solid case?

My opinion is that he had a general plan, without a specific target in mind. With that said, the south side of the bridge is the most logical place to corner someone since they have to either come back to get to their car or cross the bridge to get to the southern side and I think the three pictures support that. I'd maybe cross that bridge, but I'm sure a lot of people don't take the risk of crossing. So you have the remoteness factor and the topography that adds privacy and makes it harder to escape. Plus the north side looks like a better opportunity to watch people crossing from the bridge and stay hidden. It looks like most of the photo sphere's on google maps are gone, but the one on the bridge gives you a sense of this.

I get that that drive on the south side provides easy access, but that's a personal driveway and driving down gravel roads is kind of loud IMO and would likely have a higher chance of blowing his cover and possibly involve a confrontation with the property owner. It could be that he walked through the woods along Bridge Creek. It looks like he could have walked southwest in the cover of the woods for quite awhile if he didn't come by car. Perhaps all of the way to that neighborhood on Crestwood Dr.

I'm not sure what to think of the creek crossing. If this was really planned wouldn't the cemetery be the most logical place to park if he came by vehicle? It looks like it has less traffic and you can park much further away from the road. If some psycho is planning on cornering someone on the south side of the bridge the cemetery is the fastest way to exit with the best chance of nobody seeing you. It sounds like the hikers that were there around 3 pm did not see anyone that looked like the suspect, so you'd think he left via the south side of the bridge either across the creek to the cemetery or via bridge creek if walked there.But with all of that said, who wants to cross the creek in february even if it's somewhat shallow? I used to fish a lot in my teens and generally the sandbar has deeper channels on one or both sides, at least 3 ft deep. I could see crossing the creek to get away afterwards, but it seems riskier to try to cross with two abducted girls unless he was trying to bring them to his vehicle or felt the other side was more remote. It's hard to say what side seems more remote. I guess the cemetery side, but I'm only judging by a few videos. Again, i don't know what to make of all of them crossing the creek. I guess they could have made a break for it, but by that same token if he got them that far, he could have threatened them to cross with him. Either way, wouldn't the canine unit pick up the scent? I'm sure someone here has read where the Red Fern Grows. Anytime the racoon crossed the creek it always delayed the dogs as they ran back and forth along the opposite side to find where the racoon touched ground. I guess what I'm saying is that police have to have a good lead on which way he left as well right? and hopefully a few tire tracks or possible vehicle leads. Maybe not, but if so, again, why not release if things are cold?

Then from what i've read, LE can scan millions of Driver's license photos with facial recognition software. Maybe his photo isn't good enough to get the best results, but hopefully it's something. Same with DNA phenotyping. If it does have an accuracy of around 80% for eye color, hair color, skin color and ancestry, it's got to be a good start to at least reinforce some leads.

I was reading up on cellphone towers and pinging some and it was very technical to say the least. My mind has purged most of it already, but the gist was basically that your carrier directs which tower to use based on traffic, connection and other factors. So you could be at one place and be pinging multiple towers over a few hours . Unless of course the police are involved and get the phone companies to use their towers to triangulate your location. I don't know if police can legally get leads via cell pinging without having a good suspect in mind. I would think I-25 would add a lot of cellphones to the mix anyways.

The fact that police have only released two stills from the video make me think they probably have some decent leads. Right? I get that they might not want to release all of the video out of sensitivity to the victims' families, but it also strikes me as odd that the video starts exactly on the first still image. IIRC cameras generally film 27 or 30 frames per second. You'd think that Libby filmed more than 1 or 2 seconds before this man confronted them. Even a 1 or 2 second clip would show how he walked, which makes me think things might not be as cold for the police as some people are saying.

It also looks like there is a very strong chance he wasn't wearing gloves unless they were the same tone as his face. What are the chances he didn't transfer DNA to their clothing? I'm not an expert on DNA, and maybe he put gloves on after the video recording stopped, but I would assume that any altercation that did not involve a gun would likely result in DNA left at the seen through touch or hairs left. I know there has been discussion and walk back from LE about what evidence they have, but why would you want the perp to think you don't have DNA being processed unless you were trying to build a solid case?

My opinion is that he had a general plan, without a specific target in mind. With that said, the south side of the bridge is the most logical place to corner someone since they have to either come back to get to their car or cross the bridge to get to the southern side and I think the three pictures support that. I'd maybe cross that bridge, but I'm sure a lot of people don't take the risk of crossing. So you have the remoteness factor and the topography that adds privacy and makes it harder to escape. Plus the north side looks like a better opportunity to watch people crossing from the bridge and stay hidden. It looks like most of the photo sphere's on google maps are gone, but the one on the bridge gives you a sense of this.

I get that that drive on the south side provides easy access, but that's a personal driveway and driving down gravel roads is kind of loud IMO and would likely have a higher chance of blowing his cover and possibly involve a confrontation with the property owner. It could be that he walked through the woods along Bridge Creek. It looks like he could have walked southwest in the cover of the woods for quite awhile if he didn't come by car. Perhaps all of the way to that neighborhood on Crestwood Dr.

I'm not sure what to think of the creek crossing. If this was really planned wouldn't the cemetery be the most logical place to park if he came by vehicle? It looks like it has less traffic and you can park much further away from the road. If some psycho is planning on cornering someone on the south side of the bridge the cemetery is the fastest way to exit with the best chance of nobody seeing you. It sounds like the hikers that were there around 3 pm did not see anyone that looked like the suspect, so you'd think he left via the south side of the bridge either across the creek to the cemetery or via bridge creek if walked there.But with all of that said, who wants to cross the creek in february even if it's somewhat shallow? I used to fish a lot in my teens and generally the sandbar has deeper channels on one or both sides, at least 3 ft deep. I could see crossing the creek to get away afterwards, but it seems riskier to try to cross with two abducted girls unless he was trying to bring them to his vehicle or felt the other side was more remote. It's hard to say what side seems more remote. I guess the cemetery side, but I'm only judging by a few videos. Again, i don't know what to make of all of them crossing the creek. I guess they could have made a break for it, but by that same token if he got them that far, he could have threatened them to cross with him. Either way, wouldn't the canine unit pick up the scent? I'm sure someone here has read where the Red Fern Grows. Anytime the racoon crossed the creek it always delayed the dogs as they ran back and forth along the opposite side to find where the racoon touched ground. I guess what I'm saying is that police have to have a good lead on which way he left as well right? and hopefully a few tire tracks or possible vehicle leads. Maybe not, but if so, again, why not release if things are cold?

Then from what i've read, LE can scan millions of Driver's license photos with facial recognition software. Maybe his photo isn't good enough to get the best results, but hopefully it's something. Same with DNA phenotyping. If it does have an accuracy of around 80% for eye color, hair color, skin color and ancestry, it's got to be a good start to at least reinforce some leads.

I was reading up on cellphone towers and pinging some and it was very technical to say the least. My mind has purged most of it already, but the gist was basically that your carrier directs which tower to use based on traffic, connection and other factors. So you could be at one place and be pinging multiple towers over a few hours . Unless of course the police are involved and get the phone companies to use their towers to triangulate your location. I don't know if police can legally get leads via cell pinging without having a good suspect in mind. I would think I-25 would add a lot of cellphones to the mix anyways.

Why do you assume that the video starts exactly on the first image? LE hasn't given that information out, they just said the images came from Libby's phone. We don't know how long she had been recording when those stills were recorded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. I'm a recently registered user, and this is my first post. So, as a rookie, I will try to keep this fairly short and hopefully offer something worthwhile. :)

About the reward money...

I live in Chicago's Northwest suburbs. There's a town out by us called Palatine where the "Brown's Chicken Massacre" -- as it was referred to -- occurred in 1993. Horrible horrible crime. Many innocent deaths. It wasn't until 9 years later that the ex-girlfriend of one of the two perps tipped authorities. She apparently knew the whole time that he was involved. She even helped cover for them with a false alibi. But she said fear kept her from coming forward. It took 9 years for her to finally get over her fear and call the authorities.

You can't always count on reward money, emotions nor conscience to push a family member, friend, partner, neighbor, etc to come forward if fear is involved. If the police truly need the help of the public at large, it will very likely have to come from his "outer circle" people. These are people who (a) could I.D. this jerk AND (b) are safely out of reach of his threats.

The problem is, for the outer circle people to be able to help, the Police may very well have to release some more information. Not everything obviously, but certainly more than these blurshots we have now. Perhaps some more photos, perhaps some more audio. Even if some of it could be uncomfortable stuff.

The people that know who this is right now -- if anyone does -- would have come forward already. Perhaps they live in fear. Who knows. But it seems it's going to take someone from his outer circle to identify him. And they will most likely need more to go on before they call in.

It's frustrating. I can tell everyone here truly wants to solve this crime and get justice for the two girls. Just my two cents. Thanks for hearing me out! :)

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

Why do you assume that the video starts exactly on the first image? LE hasn't given that information out, they just said the images came from Libby's phone. We don't know how long she had been recording when those stills were recorded.

I believe she is saying she does NOT believe it starts there. That there is more to the video, and why would they only release those stills instead of a brief clip of him actually walking.

[video=twitter;839670426901102597]https://twitter.com/ispindianapolis/status/839670426901102597[/video]

@IndStatePolice Superintendent Doug Carter & I had the opportunity to speak w/ @BlakeNBC about the #Delphi case

Tune into the @TODAYshow
@ISPIndianapolis

It just occurred to me: I wonder how many close family members of the killer are having their co-workers, friends, neighbors, relatives mention to them that BG in the pictures looks just like so and so. That should make anyone feel very uncomfortable. Close family members are probably also changing the way they behave & maybe their routine, too. That is if they suspect they know who the killer is. :moo:

[video=twitter;839688026699726848]https://twitter.com/blakenbc/status/839688026699726848[/video]

2 girls found murdered in small town Indiana. The search for their killer.. tomorrow morning on @TODAYshow.
@BlakeNBC

I don't necessarily think it does start at the first image. I was just postulating, that the if the encounter with the girls was captured and not released for sensitivity reasons, what is so offensive about the lead up to the encounter? Even if he's talking as he's walking up (during the stills) they could cut the audio out and everyone could see how he walked or maybe get a better sense of his facial features. I would think that 1 or 2 second clip before the encounter would be useful and without the need to be guarded.

Email note from my local Police Dept (Northern California):

"AT&T Cellular Network having multiple state problem with AT&T cell phones reaching 911. The problem is with the ATT Mobility system...911 systems are functioning."

They give a local number to reach 911 by cell phone.
Hacked?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. I'm a recently registered user, and this is my first post. So, as a rookie, I will try to keep this fairly short and hopefully offer something worthwhile. :)

I live in Chicago's Northwest suburbs. There's a town out by us called Palatine where the "Brown's Chicken Massacre" -- as it was referred to -- occurred in 1993. Horrible horrible crime. Many innocent deaths. It wasn't until 9 years later that the ex-girlfriend of one of the two perps tipped authorities. She apparently knew the whole time that he was involved. She even helped cover for them with a false alibi. But she said fear kept her from coming forward. It took 9 years for her to finally get over her fear and call the authorities.

You can't always count on reward money, emotions nor conscience to push a family member, friend, partner, neighbor, etc to come forward if fear is involved. If the police truly need the help of the public at large, it will very likely have to come from his "outer circle" people. These are people who (a) could I.D. this jerk AND (b) are safely out of reach of his threats.

The problem is, for the outer circle people to be able to help, the Police may very well have to release some more information. Not everything obviously, but certainly more than these blurshots we have now. Perhaps some more photos, perhaps some more audio. Even if some of it could be uncomfortable stuff.

The people that know who this is right now -- if anyone does -- would have come forward already. Perhaps they live in fear. Who knows. But it seems it's going to take someone from his outer circle to identify him. And they will most likely need more to go on before they call in.

It's frustrating. I can tell everyone here truly wants to solve this crime and get justice for the two girls. Just my two cents. Thanks for hearing me out! :)

:welcome: vikerii! Excellent first post!

[video=twitter;839633546964787200]https://twitter.com/crimewatchdaily/status/839633546964787200[/video]

FBI putting together profile of suspect accused of killing Delphi teens buff.ly/2lFbKMc via @FOX59
@CrimeWatchDaily

It just occurred to me: I wonder how many close family members of the killer are having their co-workers, friends, neighbors, relatives mention to them that BG in the pictures looks just like so and so. That should make anyone feel very uncomfortable. Close family members are probably also changing the way they behave & maybe their routine, too. That is if they suspect they know who the killer is. :moo:

Iirc, in the Hannah Graham case, associates of the perp, Jesse Mathews, commented and joked about how he looked like the composite released, but never actually thought it was him, so he was not reported. Apparently when they teased him, he got funny and then changed his hairstyle, growing dreadlocks. Creepy.

Iirc, in the Hannah Graham case, associates of the perp, Jesse Mathews, commented and joked about how he looked like the composite released, but never actually thought it was him, so he was not reported. Apparently when they teased him, he got funny and then changed his hairstyle, growing dreadlocks. Creepy.

I don't think he could have grown dreads that fast with Hannah. Perhaps he did between Morgan and Hannah? MOO!

On the video of downtown mall, you can see his dreads.

Nice post, welcome to Ws vikerii!!:welcome3:

Is FBI still working on the case or is it handled only by ISP now?

I'm not sure why I even asked that. Perhaps it's a feeling FBI is handing more of it over to ISP. Just a random thought that I hope is wrong. moo, etc, etc.

I don't think he could have grown dreads that fast with Hannah. Perhaps he did between Morgan and Hannah? MOO!

Correct! Meant to say Morgan, he had dreads by the time he attacked Hannah. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members