IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off Topic: There's been an arrest in the Tiffany Ferguson case in Nashville, TN, in case anyone else is following that case.

Off Topic: There's been an arrest in the Tiffany Ferguson case in Nashville, TN, in case anyone else is following that case.

(Thanks liltexans for keeping the threads here up to speed with all the updates.)

No matter what you call him – chaplain, confidant or concierge – Ed Selvidge has been a blessing to the officers working the case of two Delphi teens who were murdered more than three weeks ago.

Selvidge has been the chaplain for the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department, the city of Delphi police and fire departments “and anybody else that wants to use me. Because this is such a small community, there has not been a lot of demand for assignments,” he said.

“I really count the last 17 years as preparation time for today, and maybe that’s how we should look at life,” he said of the work he is doing now.

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_39d4c4e6-045e-11e7-a19e-b7df2b6dbf80.html

:thinking:Why is the perp not leaving a shadow in those stills from the video?

Math is not my strong suit, but wouldn't that be 33? :thinking:

I found it much easier to go with the fact that they were all abducted on the 13th of the month.

:thinking:Why is the perp not leaving a shadow in those stills from the video?
Interesting question! It must be related to the angle of the sun to the bridge. Abby doesn't look to be leaving a shadow either?

Well, I take that back. She is leaving a shadow. The photo I was originally looking at of Abby was cropped.

This could be the explanation for BG as well - his shadow is beyond the edge of the photo.

I still can't stop staring at the picture, something he is wearing has to trigger someones mind who knows this guy. I keep going back to the head, I said this yesterday, and I still stand by it. I'm certain that he is wearing a camouflage ball cap, with a rolled bill. That is why the hat blends in so good with the woods in the background, because its camouflage! I played with the generic paint program for a few minutes, and cut out the outline of what I am seeing. Pics below of the outline of the hat snipped out of the image. Then I think underneath the blue jacket, he is wearing a gray frosted color type of hooded sweatshirt. The hood is coming out from behind the coat collar, and is bunched up behind his neck. I even think on the left side close to his neck, one of the strings of the hoodie may be visible. Jacket looks a bit oversized, and I can't tell if he has a brown fanny pack, or if he is holding on to something and half of it is under his blue jacket, and the other half is sticking out. It looks like the outline of something under his jacket, that matches the shape of the brown object. Jeans look typical of what rural men around Indiana wear. Maybe from rural king or walmart. I don't think any of his hair is visible at all. His nose looks wide, it's hard to distinguish any facial features. He has as little of his skin exposed as possible, probably hoping to avoid any DNA getting under the nails of his victims if he were to find any. Damn, someone has to recognize him or something he is wearing. I know some rural people live under a rock, maybe it will just take time.

It's also possible that this was a two person operation, and the intent was kidnapping for human trafficking. Many young girls have came up missing from Kokomo and surrounding areas, as Indiana is a crossroads state. Just google Karena McClerkin, missing since Oct. 11th, 2016. Less than 30 minutes from Delphi. Maybe they were out searching for a target, and saw the girls get dropped off or out on the bridge alone. The driver could have went to the cemetery parking lot or side of the road, to wait on the BG to apprehend the girls and walk them to the vehicle. Maybe the girls saw another guy and the car and put up a fight, started screaming and making a scene. The suspect could have freaked out and used a knife or hammer to silence the girls, then hurry to the car without the girls and got away. So many unknowns!
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• newhat.jpg
    newhat.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 941
  • hat2.jpg
    hat2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 947
I would like to thank user Angela Beckett from the previous thread for post number 959 (?). Someone had hinted at this earlier and I am sorry to not know who that was but I do believe that the photo has been touched up some to try to keep it PG. I see precisely what you are seeing and wonder if this what started the filiming and then just led to something much worse. It would be just the thing a young teenage girl would want to film and laugh with her friends about. All of this is, of course, MOO.

He may have used protection, gloves, mask, etc to minimize any DNA. I agree, though, that he must have left something behind. I just don't think it has shown up as a match, unfortunately. MOO

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Allegedly BG left behind someone's article of clothing floating in the creek as was reported by the helicopter riding photographer. tDNA might be rendered unobtainable from that item.

We also have his one set of [boot] prints along the creek bed that led the searchers to their location.

Those are tangible items of valuable evidence as are the audio and the video stills. But where in the world is BG? :worldmap:

This KILLER must be IDed, caught :cop: and contained for the sake of all other children. :jail:

:rose: :rose:

It's also possible that this was a two person operation, and the intent was kidnapping for human trafficking. Many young girls have came up missing from Kokomo and surrounding areas, as Indiana is a crossroads state. Just google Karena McClerkin, missing since Oct. 11th, 2016. Less than 30 minutes from Delphi. Maybe they were out searching for a target, and saw the girls get dropped off or out on the bridge alone. The driver could have went to the cemetery parking lot or side of the road, to wait on the BG to apprehend the girls and walk them to the vehicle. Maybe the girls saw another guy and the car and put up a fight, started screaming and making a scene. The suspect could have freaked out and used a knife or hammer to silence the girls, then hurry to the car without the girls and got away. So many unknowns!

RS&BBM

Respectfully, if you note where the girls were found... that won't fit your theory.

Allegedly BG left behind someone's article of clothing floating in the creek as was reported by the helicopter riding photographer. tDNA might be rendered unobtainable from that item.

We also have his one set of [boot] prints along the creek bed that led the searchers to their location.

Those are tangible items of valuable evidence as are the audio and the video stills. But where in the world is BG? :worldmap:

This KILLER must be IDed, caught :cop: and contained for the sake of all other children. :jail:

:rose: :rose:

BBM - I have not heard about an article of clothing seen in the creek. Do you by chance have a link?

"With the Hoosier Heartland Highway slated to open between Delphi and Lafayette later in 2012, truck traffic will finally route around the community instead of through the downtown. By eliminating this traffic, the community can “take back our downtown” – and realize its long term vision of having a walkable, vibrant downtown with new shops and restaurants, outdoor dining, upper story residences and restored buildings."

http://www.cityofdelphi.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=465&Itemid=366

RS&BBM

Respectfully, if you note where the girls were found... that won't fit your theory.

I was just brainstorming another motive for what happened. Anything is possible, what if at some point the girls tried to make a run for it, and were caught. They could have ended up where they were found? My main point is that kidnapping for human trafficking is not out of the question. There has been a lot of talk about it ever since Karena McClerkin has been missing from Kokomo since October. I say this because that is my hometown and I know some people suspect that. There has also been a lot of reports of kids being approached at bus stops and neighborhoods in the recent months. Scary times for a parent.

So I may have to admit that I was wrong about the cell phones "pinging all over town" statement. I finally watched the news coverage taken from the helicopter.

There is a cell tower a few blocks from the cemetery. If the tower was online and your phone found that tower it would not search for a different weaker signal.

Yes, people have given examples about how a cell tower would be unavailable if many people were accessing it at the same time, but this is out in the country with no one around.

Try it yourself, there are many apps out there that show what tower you are using and the strength of the signal.

A better test would be for a local to walk around there with the app open and see if you tower that you are using changes.

I would like to thank user Angela Beckett from the previous thread for post number 959 (?). Someone had hinted at this earlier and I am sorry to not know who that was but I do believe that the photo has been touched up some to try to keep it PG. I see precisely what you are seeing and wonder if this what started the filiming and then just led to something much worse. It would be just the thing a young teenage girl would want to film and laugh with her friends about. All of this is, of course, MOO.

13 year old girls would have been shocked to see, what I think you are suggesting they saw. They would have been shocked and probably frozen in place if that had happened. I believe Abby and Libby were sweet young girls and had no experience with things of sexual nature. I know for myself, when I was a girl of 13 years old, how I would have reacted.

I disagree that the photo has been touched up to make it PG. I think BG was fully covered (including his privates), and was intent on accosting the girls and getting them into the woods under cover, so he could carry out his deeds undetected. I do not think his intent was to expose himself on the bridge, his intention was to kill them.

Of course this is all, MMO.

I was just brainstorming another motive for what happened. Anything is possible, what if at some point the girls tried to make a run for it, and were caught. They could have ended up where they were found? My main point is that kidnapping for human trafficking is not out of the question. There has been a lot of talk about it ever since Karena McClerkin has been missing from Kokomo since October. I say this because that is my hometown and I know some people suspect that. There has also been a lot of reports of kids being approached at bus stops and neighborhoods in the recent months. Scary times for a parent.

Wasn't begrudging your brainstorming, but pointing out that the way you describe it, it's not plausible. I'm merely sticking to the facts as known. My reference wasn't to the HT although I personally haven't seen any evidence that was the case here.

I keep seeing people talk about someone saying the phone was pinging all over town, but all I've seen/heard was that it was pinging around town. To me, they aren't the same thing, so does anyone have a link to where it was said that it was pinging all over town? TIA

I keep seeing people talk about someone saying the phone was pinging all over town, but all I've seen/heard was that it was pinging around town. To me, they aren't the same thing, so does anyone have a link to where it was said that it was pinging all over town? TIA

I don't have the link but it was Libby's grandfather that made the comment. It's been discussed (as you noted) and shown that the pinging doesn't mean the phone was in transit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin