IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot..........school teacher, school district employee.

I can't help but wonder if the reason the girls did as they were told and headed down the hill after they were instructed to "Gi down the hill", is because they either recognized him or actually knew him. Believing they were in trouble for walking on the bridge when it is prohibited, they did as they were instructed, thinking all along that they were going to be in big trouble when their parents were called in. If that scenario turned out to be true, then that means we're looking for someone that the girls would've considered an authority figure as well as someone that lives in the community.

If the girls actually knew him...........well...............then the suspect pool just got very small.
The only question I have regarding this theory is that her grandfather said that Libby put up a fight. If she yanked some of his hair out or scratched his face or hands, I'm thinking (well, hoping) that someone would have noticed. Unless he's good with makeup and comb-overs.

Heres what I have been wondering about for this case.

We heard awhile back that DNA was going to be fast tracked and from what i gathered from the press conference it sounded to me that LE has not been able to receive any news that their DNA samples have even been run through testing yet.

If that is true then how much longer are they going to have to wait?

I dont expect anybody to know the answer and it just floors me about this if I understood that correctly because what if the BG is getting ready to strike again. What if he has been local the whole time and is maybe ready to leave the area for good.

I know it takes time but I thought it was going to be fast tracked. Is fast track mean months and maybe even a year. It just boggles me about this knowing the guy could kill again any day now.

I do have a real question though.

When they finally get some results back lets assume they sent a good sample that gives back a good solid DNA profile report and lets assume it just does not match anybody they have in CODIS.

At that point though couldnt LE release much more of the footage and release much more information to the public because once they have a solid DNA profile then all they need is to get the BG behind bars and get a sample from him and it will match what they have. It WILL match so long as they identify the right perp.

So it can be no holds barred and give the public everything they got so that we can give this guy to them so they can match his DNA and prosecute him. There is no reason to hold any evidence back from the public IMO because they have a guaranteed prosecutable case once they have a solid DNA profile and since they already have his picture of him on the video.

Can anyone shoot any holes in this thinking?

Your thinking is sound.

IMO law enforcement has been playing coy with the DNA.

We have DNA.
We can't confirm we have DNA.
Testing is fast racked.
We are at the mercy of the labs.

None of it makes sense.

It does sound to me they are trying to hold off/avert public pressure to reveal more of what they have. In the meantime....as you say.......BG could be getting ready to strike again.

This post lands at random:
One thing that helps me on these cases that have fast moving threads such as this: If I haven't been on for a while and am catching up so to speak, I read a few pages past a post that catches my attention before I respond to said post. This helps me to keep from commenting on a topic that has already been hashed and re hashed and also keeps me from feeling foolish by bringing it up randomly multiple pages later. I do this to try to help my fellow posters to be able to follow along with out being confused by random things popping up, sometimes out of context. And I feel helps with the overall clearity of following the case. I know I noticed many veteran sleuthers doing this when I first started and came to find it quite helpfull. Happy sleuthing

I find that each picture looks like a different person. If one picture makes you think you could know him, please call it in.

I live in Fort Wayne, IN 1:30 min drive to Delphi......I have been heavily watching and reading everyday. This is crazy, maybe a long shot.....but things keep pointing to someone I am familiar with. The coat, the shoes, type of person this guy is loner no friends, his age he would be wearing a hip pack still....One thing after another keep making me think its possible.....but there are a few things that are make me think no way its not possible.....one main thing is that one of the images it looks like him the other it doesn't...due to his hair .....in one pic it looks like a hat , in the other like bushy brown hair.....the person I am suspecting has brownish hardly any on top in the front mostly gray with it longer out the sides and back with a hat on.... I have a picture of him and he's wearing black low top shoes like converse that have silver circles at each lace hole......problem I have as well is he has heart condition and I cant see him physically being able to do this , hes in his late 50's early 60's he would struggle to be hiking much.....let along do this to two teenage girls.......I was related to him through my ex wife only while I was married for 7 years.....

The only question I have regarding this theory is that her grandfather said that Libby put up a fight. If she yanked some of his hair out or scratched his face or hands, I'm thinking (well, hoping) that someone would have noticed. Unless he's good with makeup and comb-overs.

That statement from the grandfather lead me to be hopeful that Libby scratched the hell out of him and they got a lot of DNA from under her fingernails .

Thank you .... and he has raised her since a toddler, I believe? To me, he will be called her grandfather. no step needed ....he raised and loved her, and earned the title. I always hated referring to kids as "step" this -or -that. I am sure she didn't call him her "step-grampa" when speaking about him. Grampa, grandfather, grandpa, but no step. My husband is a grandpa, not a stepgrampa. :heartbeat:

But that's just me, and thank you for letting me rant just a touch. This was not a rant against anyone for trying to keep things straight .... just a mom who loves the kids and knows what a "grampa" is.

I am the same way about my step Grandson. I love him with everything in me. Family told me I would feel different when I had my own. Nope, didn't happen. I love them both equally. When I love, it's unconditional. Sorry mods for the O/T.

Heres what I have been wondering about for this case.

We heard awhile back that DNA was going to be fast tracked and from what i gathered from the press conference it sounded to me that LE has not been able to receive any news that their DNA samples have even been run through testing yet.

If that is true then how much longer are they going to have to wait?

I dont expect anybody to know the answer and it just floors me about this if I understood that correctly because what if the BG is getting ready to strike again. What if he has been local the whole time and is maybe ready to leave the area for good.

I know it takes time but I thought it was going to be fast tracked. Is fast track mean months and maybe even a year. It just boggles me about this knowing the guy could kill again any day now.

I do have a real question though.

When they finally get some results back lets assume they sent a good sample that gives back a good solid DNA profile report and lets assume it just does not match anybody they have in CODIS.

At that point though couldnt LE release much more of the footage and release much more information to the public because once they have a solid DNA profile then all they need is to get the BG behind bars and get a sample from him and it will match what they have. It WILL match so long as they identify the right perp.

So it can be no holds barred and give the public everything they got so that we can give this guy to them so they can match his DNA and prosecute him. There is no reason to hold any evidence back from the public IMO because they have a guaranteed prosecutable case once they have a solid DNA profile and since they already have his picture of him on the video.

Can anyone shoot any holes in this thinking?

Personally I'm not convinced that they are holding much video footage back, My opinion is that they only have one quick little burst of video, that other than the two still images of BG they have shown is of the bridge ties, and sky and branches. I think if LE had some viable footage we would see it.......MOO

Here we go, from No It's Not. Click on it to make it bigger.

View attachment 112501

Here's a link to one of the posts that it was listed on...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-16&p=13190411#post13190411

Did anyone think the shoes may be black Converse high tops? Check out this pic:
bf6f194953e9a7e2f86020158ff7f48a.jpg

https://goo.gl/images/lzSqzP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I'm not convinced that they are holding much video footage back, My opinion is that they only have one quick little burst of video, that other than the two still images of BG they have shown is of the bridge ties, and sky and branches. I think if LE had some viable footage we would see it.......MOO

You could be right that they may not have a whole lot more. I think what would really help to identify him is if we could get the actual moving video up to that point so that people could study his walk and gait.

I am always amazed at how much information people are able to get with so little. If we was to receive the moving video then it may be enough to have someone recognize him.

For example he may have a slight limp that someone who knows him recognizes. Or a slight quirk in his step.

We may not even need to get footage past the frames we already got. We just need all the frames leading up to that point in movie format would be really helpful.

I live in Fort Wayne, IN 1:30 min drive to Delphi......I have been heavily watching and reading everyday. This is crazy, maybe a long shot.....but things keep pointing to someone I am familiar with. The coat, the shoes, type of person this guy is loner no friends, his age he would be wearing a hip pack still....One thing after another keep making me think its possible.....but there are a few things that are make me think no way its not possible.....one main thing is that one of the images it looks like him the other it doesn't...due to his hair .....in one pic it looks like a hat , in the other like bushy brown hair.....the person I am suspecting has brownish hardly any on top in the front mostly gray with it longer out the sides and back with a hat on.... I have a picture of him and he's wearing black low top shoes like converse that have silver circles at each lace hole......problem I have as well is he has heart condition and I cant see him physically being able to do this , hes in his late 50's early 60's he would struggle to be hiking much.....let along do this to two teenage girls.......I was related to him through my ex wife only while I was married for 7 years.....

THERE IS NO HAIR in either photo. I know some people say it looks like it, but I would never use that as a reason to not call. It has been clear to me since we discovered there were 2 photos that it is a brown hoodie pulled up over his hair. Law enforcement also said a hoodie. So, chances are, its a hoodie hood! The 2 pictures are 2 frames in a video. 2 (almost) consecutive frames. He does not do anything to his head within that half of a second time frame. So when people see hair in one and a hat in the other, it is the eyes playing tricks! It is not reality. Unless he has some super ninja powers, which he does not.

As many others have no doubt said, call it in!!!!!!! They said they would rather people be wrong than not report it.

Patty said it doesn’t surprise him that Liberty left police with that evidence because photography was one of her passions. It was the reason the girls were on the Monon High Bridge that Monday afternoon.
“She’s kind of a photo buff anyway, that’s why the girls were out there taking pictures,” said Patty. “That’s why they were out there in the first place – to catch the scenery.” (MSM article).

For me this quote from Libby's grandfather puts to rest the debate as to whether Abby and Libby were catfished by someone through social media. Unless they lied about their reason for wanting to spend time at the bridge/trails, it makes sense that they were there for something as innocent as taking picture of nature and randomly encountered BG. I've always thought that Liberty's snapchat photo of the bridge (the one without Abby) was very artistic. She had a talent for photography.

Maybe BG struck up a conversation with the girls over photography. He might have even had a camera in his pocket (not a gun) and suggested some great shots 'down the hill'.

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I am behind on my reading. Always checking in and hoping to see an arrest!

I guess I don't understand why some are questioning if we have DNA? Why would they be taking DNA from people if they didn't have DNA to match/attempt to match it to?

I think they are hiking boots, like this.

attachment.php

I agree, something like that. I think if they were converse shoes that would be recognizable and unique enough that LE would have actually released that info, since they would have shoeprints too.

You could be right that they may not have a whole lot more. I think what would really help to identify him is if we could get the actual moving video up to that point so that people could study his walk and gait.

I am always amazed at how much information people are able to get with so little. If we was to receive the moving video then it may be enough to have someone recognize him.

For example he may have a slight limp that someone who knows him recognizes. Or a slight quirk in his step.

We may not even need to get footage past the frames we already got. We just need all the frames leading up to that point in movie format would be really helpful.

Oh deffinetly that would help alot. I guess what i am trying to say is, if the suspect was walking up from a distance and Libby grabbed her phone and positioned/panned it to record him. video begins with her feet and bridge ties, pans to suspect grabs (the two frames that have been released) and then is shaky sky, trees, blurrr etc. Its very difficult in my experience to move my phone and zoom in on an object from a distance and maintain a clear and focused fix on the object especially if would be under duress. I think she would have been fortunate to get two steps of the perp in video, which is what I believe was captured. I just think if LE had more that they thought would nab this guy we would have seen it....Just my speculation. Now I think they have much more audio, And i believe this is what LE was refering to when they said they hoped they didn't have to release anymore. But I think the reason they arn't releasing that is bc it has the victims on it. All MOO

I don't know may be a regional thing in my state we didn't observe it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

well I'll be darned, I did not know it was still celebrated separately from Presidents Day:

Lincoln's Birthday is a legal, public holiday in some U.S. states, observed on the anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's birth on February 12, 1809. Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, and New York observe the holiday.
wikipedia

He does seem very young to be a grandpa to me.
Getting caught up after leaving work. FWIW, my sister was a grandmother for the first time at age 44. My parents became grandparents at 46.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member