IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I HAVE ASKED THE MODS TO REMOVE MY GRAPHIC OVERLAY OF BG AND ABBY AND TO CLEAN UP THE THREADS PERTAINING TO IT.

For those who found it helpful for any reason I am glad for that, but I certainly don't want it to clog up the thread with debate as to its appropriateness.

I know you all understand that! :couch: It was a request and admittedly I was happy to do it but for any who feel it was in poor taste, I am sorry. I think the

person who asked for it had hoped it would answer some questions visually, that's all.

I totally get where you were coming from, but I also commend you for asking for its removal. Sometimes these threads seem like one long game of telephone. It's easy for people to get mixed up! No judgment in any direction.

One suggestion, for you or anyone else who is thinking of making a graphic for demonstration purposes only, you might want to put a banner over the image itself stating something like MOCKUP FOR ILLUSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY - NOT TO SCALE. That way, if someone quotes it without context down the road, or swipes it and posts it on SM, there's no confusion about where the graphic came from and what information can be gleaned from it.

Thanks my :twocents:, take 'em, leave 'em, throw 'em in a fountain

I can't find it online so if someone can do that awesome. But my son has an iPhone and just tried to upload a picture to the cloud. You cannot do this unless you are connected to Wi-Fi. I am pretty sure there is no Wi-Fi on the bridge. I don't know about android but I suspect it is the same. It's too much data to upload over regular phone connection.

Things to ponder when the subject of where the pictures and video were found.

Moo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
There was some discussion about this. It seems to be a setting with android/ Google images. My photos and videos instantly back up to google images as long as I have a network connection from my cell provider (doesn't have to be WiFi).

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Me, too. I said the same thing to myself when I first saw it. On his own he appears much heavier and older. Next to her he appears to be more young, like late 30ish? And thinner. Like, average? Not fat, not skinny. I still can't decide on hair vs. hat. I don't think he has a "gut". I do believe there's more going on under his jacket than a gun .

Every time I see the white coming from under his chin out of the jacket I am reminded of a grocery bag and a service project done by the Youth groups at my church for homeless people. They collected grocery store plastic bags, cut them into be linked together and crocheted with a very large hook. The result was a lightweight, easy to carry , fairly comfy ( in comparison to concrete, asphalt, ground) pallet or mat. .Hundreds are made and given to shelters The mat could be rolled or folded into a fairly compact size. The grocery store bag mats are a very popular service project for a few larger churches in my area. I'm would think the project would extend to other Baptist churches in other states. Possibly he acquired one?
That's my new thought today.
Seeing the is pic with Abby & the monster so close together somehow makes the abduction and murders of the girls even more frightening. Unless RL has a split personality that presents as a man half his age and 30 lbs lighter, I now firmly believe RL is not BG.

I pray that LE has a good idea who this monster is and are keeping him under surveillance as they wait for forensics to back them up on the arrest. May God have mercy on his soul. I don't believe any earthbound people have mercy for this man in them.

IMOHO

I always thought he had plastic bags in his jacket tooo.
I also know ppl that live outside or the homeless use these bags to keep warm you stuff them in your coat like insulation.

I agree with you. I was just replying to let the poster know it's been mentioned. :)

I understand. I guess since it has been mentioned so many times, I finally had to add my two cents! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah I posted something in relation to the phone and the voice being the same, my bad! Yup we don't know where or if the phone was found. Carry on!

It may seem unimportant or like splitting hairs, but I read the article and watched the video and neither said that the phone was found on Libby... It only said that the recording of the pictures and voice came from her phone. It didn't even definitively say that LE is in possession of the phone. IMO it is really important to keep our facts accurate.

It may seem unimportant or like splitting hairs, but I read the article and watched the video and neither said that the phone was found on Libby... It only said that the recording of the pictures and voice came from her phone. It didn't even definitively say that LE is in possession of the phone. IMO it is really important to keep our facts accurate.

No worries, I didn't see your edited post before I replied.. there is a whole lot to keep straight here and we are all getting confused!

I have a windows phone and the settings allow me to choose when things upload to the cloud. I can choose wifi to save data/phone battery or just allow it to happen over the network connection. So, I'd be curious to know if the other brands have the same setting options and how that might have impact what was uploaded from the girl's phones.

The reports indicate 11:45 for the search but around midnight 2/13 it was reported the search was to begin first thing in the morning. There was discussion on the scanner thread with more details that can't be brought here. Libby's grandfather also thanked searchers for searching all night with the family in a news report, which makes me think there were searches non-stop but not all organized by LE/ professionals.

I'm wondering if there were search groups split up to look in different locations and the group made it to the private property they were found on around 11:45. JMO, no idea why the discrepancy or where that time came from. It seems far too late to get started. Moo

Can you link the specific scanner page? I've looked, but can't seem to find this case discussed at all there. TIA.

I keep thinking I'm going to have my husband stand 130 ft away from me in a blue jacket, camo cap and a Walmart sack hanging out of the top just to see what it would look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget to take a grainy screen shot from video. :wink:

Several of the posters here, that have been to the bridge, all said they had cell service.

Can you link the specific scanner page? I've looked, but can't seem to find this case discussed at all there. TIA.
Hi. I just looked and don't see it, either. I wasn't on the scanner thread then but remembered discussion about it. I have tried looking back on the first threads but it isn't there, either. I'm guessing it was deleted since it is not allowed on the main thread. Disregard my comments- as far as msm, it looks like we only have the 11:45 time to work with.

Sorry!

I can't find it online so if someone can do that awesome. But my son has an iPhone and just tried to upload a picture to the cloud. You cannot do this unless you are connected to Wi-Fi. I am pretty sure there is no Wi-Fi on the bridge. I don't know about android but I suspect it is the same. It's too much data to upload over regular phone connection.

Moo

I don't know whether it's been confirmed that Libby has an iPhone (maybe I missed it), but I agree about the wifi connection being required to automatically backup to the cloud.

That said my Android is set up to automatically back up to a third party app (in my case, Dropbox). My friend has her iPhone set to do the same - I think she uses Dropbox, too. This can be done over network or wifi. Not saying Libby's phone automatically backs up to a third party app, necessarily.

Moo

I'm not sure how we know Libby had an iphone, but if it is true the phone will not upload without wifi, it makes me wonder if BG took her phone with him (at a later time) & once the phone was receiving wifi it automatically uploaded the pic & video. Someone mentioned the date time on the photo, but I can't remember.

ETA ~ I wonder if the phone would ping to the nearest tower when it suddenly rec'd wifi?

I think they started much later than 7am, though I'm going off memory. I remember being surprised that the search started that late.
jmo

Here is the quote from the timeline:
Tuesday, dawn: The search resumes with police, volunteers and also K-9 units and dive teams.
This is not where the timeline was but it is a good article on the search.
http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_031b521c-f2e3-11e6-a249-a77587cb24f9.html
Even though there were hundreds participating they were not all at the bridge and creek. But I'm sure that's where they started.
Still a mystery to me why it took teams of people and professionals from dawn till 12:15 to find them.

True. You won't find anything on the scanner threads from that night or the next day. I ended up just buying a subscription to a scanner site so I could download archived recordings from that night. There really isn't much on them at all. But there is enough to get a sort of time line of the search and some sense of what departments, agencies, etc. were involved at what times.

I have uploaded the audio files that do have traffic to my Google Drive and I have a text file that indicates the audio file to load, the time within the file, and what was said. This will save time in listening to a lot of dead air - like I said there really isn't all that much traffic.

At the moment I only have it for the Carroll County Fire scanner. I am still working on the Indiana State Police traffic for the 13th and the 14th. Note I have not found a scanner for Carroll County law enforcement so there is no traffic that I have from that.

The following link opens to a folder where you will find the text file that I mentioned along with the relevant mp3 files.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx0LL2gY_AordzJTTTAtT0FLbnM

I HAVE ASKED THE MODS TO REMOVE MY GRAPHIC OVERLAY OF BG AND ABBY AND TO CLEAN UP THE THREADS PERTAINING TO IT.

For those who found it helpful for any reason I am glad for that, but I certainly don't want it to clog up the thread with debate as to its appropriateness.

I know you all understand that! :couch: It was a request and admittedly I was happy to do it but for any who feel it was in poor taste, I am sorry. I think the

person who asked for it had hoped it would answer some questions visually, that's all.

It seems to me that Libby must have had the camera tilted when she was taking the video since he is so tilted over. Can you right the frame to show as if she had the camera lined up straight. Without any photoshopping?

I have a windows phone and the settings allow me to choose when things upload to the cloud. I can choose wifi to save data/phone battery or just allow it to happen over the network connection. So, I'd be curious to know if the other brands have the same setting options and how that might have impact what was uploaded from the girl's phones.

Wow, someone else with a Windows phone. I have one too but I know zero others who do so it is often hard to quickly ask someone how to do anything I can't figure out on it.

Moo

You can change that to always upload in the settings. On Android and on IPhone. We do it at work for our drivers since they rarely connect to WiFi.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I just sent a text to my husband asking him if he had a cloud on his phone.His reply was" Haven't you looked outside?The sky is clear blue.

Oh My Lord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member