IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. That clerk could even be the one who came forward and assisted with the sketch. You never know.

I just personally feel like too many potentially untrue personality traits have been projected onto him based upon clothes I don't feel certain he owned for very long.

Edit: This was responding to DarkSkink. Forgot to quote her post.

I know who you think it might be, and this comes from that VERY unreliable blog. And probably a sloppy google search as well. There isn't only one home on the 11000 block of Bicycle Bridge Road, and the home everyone thinks it isn't even on the main road. LE made a point of not revealing this. We only know the general vicinity.
You should be able to look at the media photos of that home and compare them to what you see in Street View and come up with the right place. From that the tax records should offer up a name.

Very true. That clerk could even be the one who came forward and assisted with the sketch. You never know.

I just personally feel like too many potentially untrue personality traits have been projected onto him based upon clothes I don't feel certain he owned for very long.

Edit: This was responding to DarkSkink. Forgot to quote her post.

What clerk?

I would not be surprised if Ron Logan is the witness who later was able to describe the perp, once he was in jail and off alcohol. It may be how he is still "connected" to the case though not considered a suspect. But just a feeling I have and jmo.

attachment.php

<RSIFS>
Hi RMom- Your remarks regarding Amish/G.Baptists is interesting because AFAIK they don't have cars (hitchhiker), they don'the use zippers (BG's jacket front opening gaps) and could the kit on BG's R hip be THIS (see attached image ) pulled toward his R front so other is partly hidden behind him on his L side?

No zippers. Kit on RT hip. This very well could be what BG is wearing although he may have threaded more tools onto the belt portion that been called a fanny pack. Perhaps a leather sheath or two for a knife was threaded thru the belt.

Good job in publishing these images for comparison, Ember. You may have nailed this one!

What clerk?

I would not be surprised if Ron Logan is the witness who later was able to describe the perp, once he was in jail and off alcohol. It may be how he is still "connected" to the case though not considered a suspect. But just a feeling I have and jmo.

I forgot to quote DarkSkink.

I pointed out that his jeans look stiff and new and clothes may have been purchased for the crime. DS pointed out that clothes would still be relevant because whoever sold them may remember him and be able to help crack the case.

That was my response to DS.

Sorry for the confusion.

What clerk?

If you read carefully, the clerk was hypothetical, in response to the speculation that the perp's clothes were new.

The poster hinted we shouldn't get so hung up on the clothes. I gave one valid reason why we, unfortunately, have to be hung up on clothes. Then the poster responded that they meant more along the lines of reading too many personality traits into the clothes, because they may not what he normally wears, which is also a valid point, if the clothes were actually new and bought solely for the purpose of committing a crime.

If they are not new, then personality traits and vocation can possibly be read into them.

I know who you think it might be, and this comes from that VERY unreliable blog. And probably a sloppy google search as well. There isn't only one home on the 11000 block of Bicycle Bridge Road, and the home everyone thinks it isn't even on the main road. LE made a point of not revealing this. We only know the general vicinity.

False.

Media with studio lighting showed up to show us the home LE was searching and the "outside building" that was thoroughly searched. One needs to view the news videos to learn certain things about the case.

No zippers. Kit on RT hip. This very well could be what BG is wearing although he may have threaded more tools onto the belt portion that been called a fanny pack. Perhaps a leather sheath or two for a knife was threaded thru the belt.

Good job in publishing these images for comparison, Ember. You may have nailed this one!
Those are fairly common carpenter tool pouches that you can buy at any hardware store like Home Depot. The pouches are open and most of the contents visible.

It would be out of place to wear these on a hike, and would make a suspect stand out and be memorable, particularly if he were carrying knives or other things normally not carried on a day hike.

I would expect any witnesses would have noted the odd tool pouches.

If anyone is local to Indiana and reading along could you explain mushroom hunting in the area? Could that have been a reason for perp knowing that area and imo possibly being comfortable walking the bridge? tia

Jmo, no way they know who is he but not where. That is what "Most Wanted" lists are for, for public to help LE catch suspects on the run.
I think they have said themselves they could well have interviewed him. They need that person who is protecting or giving him a false alibi to come forward, anonymously if necessary IMO.

Those are fairly common carpenter tool pouches that you can buy at any hardware store like Home Depot. The pouches are open and most of the contents visible.

It would be out of place to wear these on a hike, and would make a suspect stand out and be memorable, particularly if he were carrying knives or other things normally not carried on a day hike.

I would expect any witnesses would have noted the odd tool pouches.
It could have been hidden by the jacket normally and only be visible as he is about to draw a weapon out of it. Could be why LE can't show much more of the video. JMO.
However I am pretty sure LE early on called it a fanny pack and then a shirt tail more recently. But don't quote me on that as MOO.

It could have been hidden by the jacket normally and only be visible as he is about to draw a weapon out of it. Could be why LE can't show much more of the video. JMO.
They aren't that easily hidden unfortunately. They hang down past your hip. These would be a poor choice of tool carrier as scrunching them up under a jacket would dump out the contents. That or you're doing the belt up under your chest.

LE has never explained in detail what they did to process the frames from which the images we have came from other than to say they were is cropped from the frames and enlarged. They did not provide information as to how much the image were enlarged nor the algorithm used to do so.

Keep in mind that the original source would be a frame generated from an MP4 video file so they would already be working from a source of lower quality before they did anything to it.

On the ISP website the image they have where BG is turned toward his left (bottom image) has actual dimensions of 1807x2160. It is scaled on that page when viewing it to 466x558. I don't know if all of the different browsers scale images the same way so how it looks may depend on the broswer being used. Viewing it on the website is not showing the image as it really is.

The EXIF properties indicate it was created and saved from Photoshop at the same time (2017-02-21T07:50:55-5:00 e.g. 2:50am ET on Feb 21). There isn't any way of knowing what format the original source was but likely it was created through a Save As or Export operation.

I don't know when it first appeared on the ISP website and thus whether this image is the only version of it. Maybe one of our image experts can weigh in on that as a number of them worked on the images on the early threads and in the Image thread that had been created for this case and may know if an earlier version of the image existed on the ISP site and/or have an earlier version. We have a pretty good number of Photoshop experts that work with images on a professional basis around WS (There are a few GIMP experts around as well).

Wow! As in "wow, I have no idea what you're talking about". But I'm sure some people do. Kudos to those. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it's a brown zip hoodie like a carhartt one. It's unzipped and the right side is pulled down below the blue coat so he can access a weapon while the left side is still under the blue coat. Gives the appearance of a fanny pack but IMO it's just a hoodie pocket

I am of the opinion that he is known to someone and for some reason (fear, disbelief, etc.) that person has not come forward.

I am also of the opinion that he is hiding in plain sight.

Someone knows him, suspects him, but can't bring themselves to make the call.

MOO

Yeah, they probably know BG WILL KNOW who turned him in, and if he doesn't get a conviction...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its going on 7 months since the girls were killed.
I wonder what you folks think?
Do you think LE knows who the killer is and they are trying to locate him? Or do you think they are clueless?

I think they are clueless.

If anyone is local to Indiana and reading along could you explain mushroom hunting in the area? Could that have been a reason for perp knowing that area and imo possibly being comfortable walking the bridge? tia

It would have been a couple of months early for actual mushroom hunting, but it's quite possible someone could have been hunting for mushrooms/animals/ginseng/cutting firewood at any time prior to the murders and therefore, be familiar with the area. All dependent on neighboring landowners and how vigilant they are or how willing they are to allow others on their property. You used to be able to knock on about anyone's door and ask permission to use the property in some fashion and many would allow it, but that's come to a grinding halt over the last decade or so. Likely due to the risk of lawsuits and people taking advantage of the hospitality.

I think they are clueless.

It would have been a couple of months early for actual mushroom hunting, but it's quite possible someone could have been hunting for mushrooms/animals/ginseng/cutting firewood at any time prior to the murders and therefore, be familiar with the area. All dependent on neighboring landowners and how vigilant they are or how willing they are to allow others on their property. You used to be able to knock on about anyone's door and ask permission to use the property in some fashion and many would allow it, but that's come to a grinding halt over the last decade or so. Likely due to the risk of lawsuits and people taking advantage of the hospitality.

Thanks. Would people hunting mushrooms, ginseng...travel around to similar areas to do this? What do they do w the mushrooms? Sell them, eat them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimsical Chaos