IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 min ago

ISP: Man arrested in Colorado not person of interest

http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_2ec4dd46-65ec-5c7c-b598-eab9c13d6025.html

Snip

"We are aware of the arrest of the person in Colorado and are investigating to see if he could be a suspect in the Delphi double murder investigation," Riley said by phone.

"We will give the same attention to the person arrested in Colorado, but right now, there is nothing that definitively connects this person to our investigation."

Key words from the article are not a person of interest "at this time." That does not mean he will not become a POI or suspect later. They just learned of him. It will take time to investigate any connections

Well, duh.

I asked if they've said in what manner? How? Stabbing, shooting, strangulation etc. Following this case closely and I've never seen it leaked.

The CAUSE of death (strangulation, heart failure, drowning, etc.) is not the same as MANNER of death (homicide, accident, etc.)

jmo

Key words from the article are not a person of interest "at this time." That does not mean he will not become a POI or suspect later. They just learned of him. It will take time to investigate any connections

I profusely apologize for no link, but Fox 59 is just reporting that Indiana State Police have confirmed that DN is now considered a person of interest in the murders of Abby and Libby.

Wow the February 8th date he broke up with his wife is very interesting to me. Over the years I have read several books and articles that have explained many killers have triggering factors where something significant happened at a certain time in their life right before they went out, and killed someone.

According to the IN SO registry he was living at a motel in Greenwood.

Local/area news in Colorado is reporting that he is a possible suspect and Colorado is trying to determine if he's connected to the Delphi killings. It's Indiana that really determines that, but perhaps it just means that Colorado is determining what charges or warrants they can apply.

So if he is wanted for failure to appear in court and failure to register they can give him some time. Don't have to give bond since he skipped before.

Wondering why the wlfi article stated he was "wanted for failure to register"? Mugshots.com clearly states his IN address and "active status" and SO registration number as well as the dated Indecent Exposure conviction in SC leading to that status. Wondering if that was a reporting error?

Or was it a failure to register in CO?

ETA: no, it was stated as due to failure to register in Indiana:

According to the Indiana Sex Offender Registry, Nations is wanted in Johnson County for failure to appear in court, and to register as a sex offender in Indiana. According to the registry, he was sentenced in Spartanburg County, South Carolina in June of 2007 for indecent exposure.
http://www.wlfi.com/story/36470258/...say-a-murder-there-may-have-delphi-connection

Confused, still.

I didn't know there was a difference between manner of death and cause of death until I learned it from fellow Websleuthers on past cases.

And, I learned if you mix them up, someone will correct you. :)

And quickly...

Local/area news in Colorado is reporting that he is a possible suspect and Colorado is trying to determine if he's connected to the Delphi killings. It's Indiana that really determines that, but perhaps it just means that Colorado is determining on what charges or warrants they can apply.

fox59.com/2017/09/28/man-arrested-in-colorado-is-person-of-interest-in-delphi-teens-murders-state-police-say/

Indiana State Police (ISP) said Thursday a man arrested in Colorado is now considered a “person of interest” in the murders of two Delphi teenagers.

ISP trumps local LE? i hope anyways..

Well, duh.

I asked if they've said in what manner? How? Stabbing, shooting, strangulation etc. Following this case closely and I've never seen it leaked.

No "duh" about it.

Manner of death is what category the death falls into (i.e. homicide, natural, suicide, misadventure, etc)
Cause of death is the actual thing that happened to cause death (i.e. stabbing, gunshot, etc.)

Cause of death has never been released in this case.

ETA: West Coast just catching up here this morning. I see this has already been thoroughly addressed by veteran WSers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.