IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to think BG was familiar with Delphi and the Monon Bridge. It's a small town, out of the way park. Not only that, it's a day off school and they were there in a small time frame. Without being committed to my next statement, I'm going to suggest BG knew when the girls would be there, how long he had to commit his crime(s). Now, who all fits into this catergory?

What evidence is there that the crime was anything other than opportunistic? Many serial killers have simply gone on the prowl, waiting for suitable victims to turn up. I've seen nothing to suggest that he had targeted these two girls prior to the day they were murdered.

Something must have been a lure (not SM) but something else for them to all be there at that time and place. That's why I think they were stalked prior.

What evidence is there that the crime was anything other than opportunistic? Many serial killers have simply gone on the prowl, waiting for suitable victims to turn up. I've seen nothing to suggest that he had targeted these two girls prior to the day they were murdered.

How would any of us know how it all came into play....that is the stumper for everyone!

Something must have been a lure (not SM) but something else for them to all be there at that time and place. That's why I think they were stalked prior.

All we know is Liberty was really into photography and wanted to take some cool photos and that it was a last minute thing.

Maybe he had seen them months before...followed everything to a T and everyone is left wondering how could this be planned like this?? Especially such a tight time frame makes me believe even more it was planned.
I agree. I believe the girls were catfished with BG using the TOR network. I suspect BG is a train/old bridge enthusiast. I think BG had the girls take those pics for him-especially the pic showing the empty bridge. I believe that's why Libby took the video-someone young was supposed to be there and all of a sudden BG is there. I believe BG is not from Delphi. I do believe there's someone from Delphi involved. JMO

I agree. I believe the girls were catfished with BG using the TOR network. I suspect BG is a train/old bridge enthusiast. I think BG had the girls take those pics for him-especially the pic showing the empty bridge. I believe that's why Libby took the video-someone young was supposed to be there and all of a sudden BG is there. I believe BG is not from Delphi. I do believe there's someone from Delphi involved. JMO

They had been to the park before, though, and taken pictures there. It was apparently something that they liked to do. I can see how they woke up on a nice morning and thought, "No school today, let's go take pictures!"

I wish we had a better timeline of their past month or especially of that particular weekend (starting from Thursday night on). We don't even have a "definite" dropoff point for them.

They had been to the park before, though, and taken pictures there. It was apparently something that they liked to do. I can see how they woke up on a nice morning and thought, "No school today, let's go take pictures!"
That makes sense. I just feel Libby took that video because they were expecting someone else. Delphi is safe-for some reason Libby was on alert.

That makes sense. I just feel Libby took that video because they were expecting someone else. Delphi is safe-for some reason Libby was on alert.

Thinking aloud.....maybe they had seen this man somewhere else before (not trails) and started to use her camera because she knew this was not a good situation with him near them again.

It is my opinion that they encountered BG earlier on the trail. (Some have said that there is either audio or text of the girls saying that there was a "creepy guy" behind them.) I think she pulled out the phone and started videotaping when they encountered him again. Kind of a "let's record this so that later we can show people the crazy guy who was following us". Libby was supposedly into forensics and stuff so I can see someone like that wanting a "record" of what happened. In this day and age of oversharing and social media, people are recording a LOT of things that they do so that they can post them or share them with friends later. My own kids (who are much younger than the girls) carry videocameras with them all the time and record the smallest of things, just hoping that something exciting will happen so that they can upload the videos to You Tube. :)

Thinking aloud.....maybe they had seen this man somewhere else before (not trails) and started to use her camera because she knew this was not a good situation with him near them again.
I can see that. I think she took the video instead of running or calling 911 is because of the time of day. Kids think only bad things happen at night.

I can see that. I think she took the video instead of running or calling 911 is because of the time of day. Kids think only bad things happen at night.

Also maybe he just surprised them because they had seen him elsewhere and it jolted her into recording but not scary enough to call someone. Sort of like "Are you kidding me...you again??"

Also maybe he just surprised them because they had seen him elsewhere and it jolted her into recording but not scary enough to call someone.

I’ve often wondered what the cell reception was like and if Liberty would have been able to make a call. Also perhaps he sped up quickly and there wasn’t time.

Also maybe he just surprised them because they had seen him elsewhere and it jolted her into recording but not scary enough to call someone. Sort of like "Are you kidding me...you again??"

That's what I think, too. And as smart as these girls were, they were still kids. There's a certain invincibility that they tend to feel when they're younger. Mine do. It was daylight, they probably knew that other people were out and about, they had a phone on them, and their ride was coming soon. At that age, I probably would have been concerned but not actually scared, if you know what I mean.

Hoping LE has looked real hard into their movements for previous months or so and maybe see something somewhere that puts the three of them in same spot.

I’ve often wondered what the cell reception was like and if Liberty would have been able to make a call. Also perhaps he sped up quickly and there wasn’t time.

I don't know about cell reception but I believe calls were made to Libby's phone so there was a belief that one could answer at the bridge/trails.

That makes total sense.

It is spotty. There are areas where the reception is great and areas where it doesn't exist-and sometimes the areas are only a few feet apart. I've had it work on one end of the bridge but not the other. (It's a really long bridge.)

Here's a poignant interview with Abby's Grandpa who spent the weekend with her a week before the tragedy. Watch for the pic with her new mitt. Besides the snapchat, it's probably the last picture of her.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGFMnz0zUA

Wait, Abby's Grandpa took her shopping the weekend before the murders(!)? He bought her that softball glove among else and they went back to the hotel and played catch in the parking lot. Thereafter they proceeded to the "park" and GP pitched to her etc..

Is it possible BG may have stayed at that hotel or at the park and had stalked her ever since and or even contacted her somehow? If he stalked Abby, that would have led him to Libby's house, as Abby stayed there over that weekend!

Marker 1:44 ff of the GP interview seems to be a picture from either the park or the hotel parking lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGFMnz0zUA&app=desktop

-Nin

It is spotty. There are areas where the reception is great and areas where it doesn't exist-and sometimes the areas are only a few feet apart. I've had it work on one end of the bridge but not the other. (It's a really long bridge.)

Thank you for sharing this it is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon