IN - Alejandra Gutierrez, 10, Fort Wayne, 8 Dec 2005

A 17 year old juvenile? I have a lot of questions. What happened to her?

mysteriew said:
A 17 year old juvenile? I have a lot of questions. What happened to her?
Doesn't Alejandra have brothers that are 16 and 20?? Perhaps someone they knew? What a bloody shame this whole tragic situation is. It seems like a tight community....everyone is effected.
Lots of grief counselling needed here. Thank goodness the family appears to have a strong faith and church involved.

This Rios doesn't seem to have priors or history according to neighbors. Maybe he saw the 17 yr old do something and covered it up with him- she was found 50 miles away. Rios seem to have snapped bigtime- lost his job, involved with Alejandra's murder, kills his family, sets house on fire and calls in that he is suicidal!!!! SCARY !!

It just makes me so so sad.

I just wish in cases like this they would commit suicide before harming anyone else. I have seen pics of all the girls and they were so beautiful, as a mother who raised two wonderful daughters it's beyond my comprehension.

There are new developments in the investigation of a missing Fort Wayne girl. Police have identified a body found this week near a Delaware County gravel pit as that of 10-year-old Alejandra Gutierrez.

Fort Wayne detectives and the Delaware County coroner had the solemn task of delivering a picture no parent would ever want to see: the remains of a child found in a frozen field.

The family members of Alejandra were asked to identify the body. The picture left no doubt.

"We saw in the picture she is my sister,” said Jose Gutierrez.

Police say few friends knew about the dark secrets the Rios home held.

"The suspect in this case had been referred as part of a court order to seek counseling at the Center for Nonviolence through their batterers program,” said Detective Ricardo Robles, Fort Wayne PD.

Police confirm days after Alejandra's death, witnesses saw Rios’s wife, Ana Casas, in church sobbing, seemingly for hours. Did she share her troubles with someone?

A 17-year-old juvenile also is believed to have been involved in Alejandra's murder.
http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4279282&nav=0Ra7

That poor wife/mother sitting in church crying her heart out. I wonder if she knew what her husband had done to that little girl. I really doubt that the husband killed his wife and family because they got into an arguement about him not doing chores. If he was a batterer the wife was probably afraid to open her mouth around him much less scold him for not doing some chores in the home.

I wonder why this man hasn't been charged with the little girl's death yet. He had to have admitted that he murdered her if he told LE where to find her body. I'm sure curious to how this 17 yr old fits in this picture. Maybe a relative or something? I wonder if he helped in the murders of the wife and little girls.

A standing-room only crowd filled St. Patrick’s Catholic Church on Harrison Street Monday afternoon for the funeral of 10-year-old Alejandra Gutierrez.
“We mourn the loss of this beautiful child, and we pray for her family, and we love them,” said Bishop John M. D’Arcy of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend.
Alejandra was found dead Dec. 19 in Delaware County. She had been missing since Dec. 8.
The bishop spoke first in Spanish, then English, befitting a ceremony for a girl who friends said often acted as a translator for her parents and older family members.
http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/13489913.htm

Bobbisangel said:
That poor wife/mother sitting in church crying her heart out. I wonder if she knew what her husband had done to that little girl. I really doubt that the husband killed his wife and family because they got into an arguement about him not doing chores. If he was a batterer the wife was probably afraid to open her mouth around him much less scold him for not doing some chores in the home.

I wonder why this man hasn't been charged with the little girl's death yet. He had to have admitted that he murdered her if he told LE where to find her body. I'm sure curious to how this 17 yr old fits in this picture. Maybe a relative or something? I wonder if he helped in the murders of the wife and little girls.

The wife was weak. She knew about his behavior. I am not being mean but there is a time to recognize it and rise up to it. She could have saved herself and children if she had only spoken up. Or maybe not, but at least it would have saved one life. This generational abuse and the people that go along with it is abhorrent to me. We know too much now. If others don't ,we should be educationing them. This is our failure right now.We need to get the message across that this behavior is wrong and you do not deserve it. That not only are your rights protected but so is your life. That you are a valued member of the community. That no one has the right to snuff your life because you are inconvenient.

concernedperson said:
The wife was weak. She knew about his behavior. I am not being mean but there is a time to recognize it and rise up to it. She could have saved herself and children if she had only spoken up. Or maybe not, but at least it would have saved one life. This generational abuse and the people that go along with it is abhorrent to me. We know too much now. If others don't ,we should be educationing them. This is our failure right now.We need to get the message across that this behavior is wrong and you do not deserve it. That not only are your rights protected but so is your life. That you are a valued member of the community. That no one has the right to snuff your life because you are inconvenient.

Being a battered wife is way more involved then being a weak woman. It is very complicated. If it were as easy as just leaving then we wouldn't have any battered women at all. We can be educated up to the eye balls but when you are in the shoes of a battered woman it is more complicated then being educated on what to do. I wish it were simple.

You said that women need to know that "not only their rights are protected but so is their life." Not true in every case. My daughter was married to a batterer for 7 years. He was physically and emotionally abusive. Because of his treatment of her she felt that she was unattractive....dumb...and that she didn't deserve anything better. She was your typical battered woman. After 7 yrs of being abused in one way or another she got the courage to leave him. She knew that there was a strong chance that he would kill her. He told her enough times. She filed for divorce....got a protection order and was dead 7 months later. She did everything right....even went to a battered women's shelter when she left him and then moved in with me until she got her own apt in my apt complex.
She was never safe no matter what she did. This is the case for a lot of women. It is so easy for us to say what we would do....especially if we have never been in that kind of relationship. For many women it is scary to stay and scary to leave. We hear how the help is there for these women but it really isn't. There is no police protection....a protection order doesn't stop bullets...they are on their own once they leave. Short of killing the abuser you stand a good chance of being killed yourself. Especially if the abuser has told you that he will kill you if you leave. They usually mean it.

We don't know anything about the wife in this case. She may have feared for her life and the lives of her children if she left. We just don't know. I would never call her a "weak" woman though. That is really unfair. If she knew that her husband had murdered this little girl she may have been to afraid to speak up. We will never know her story.

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/fortwayne/news/local/13493696.htm

Posted on Tue, Dec. 27, 2005

Saying goodbye to Alejandra

10-year-old’s body will be flown to Mexico for funeral

By Amy Soper

asoper@news-sentinel.com

Sobs rose from St. Patrick’s Catholic Church as Emma Gutierrez leaned on the edge of the white casket where her daughter lay Monday morning.

For Gutierrez, it was her first close look at her daughter’s face since Alejandra disappeared Dec. 8. Today, Alejandra’s body is scheduled to be flown to Mexico, where a a funeral service will be held in her birth city of El Cuitzillo, Guanajuato.

Perhaps her mother was remembering seeing Alejandra walk west on Branning Avenue toward the bus stop at Calhoun Street. Perhaps she was remembering the playful screams her daughter made as she romped with younger children. Or perhaps she was remembering the 10-year-old’s dream to finish school and became a nurse or a teacher**************snip

**ALSO A LINK TO SEND CONDOLENCES AND MEMORIAL FUND

Hearing For 17-Year-Old Suspect In Gutierrez Case Delayed Dec 29, 2005 - (Fort Wayne, IN 12/29/05)-- A 17-year old Fort Wayne boy suspected in the disappearance and death of Alejandra Gutierrez this month will have to wait a little while longer for his next court appearance.

Juan Rosales was supposed to appear in juvenile court earlier this week, but the hearing was delayed by one week at the request of the teen's lawyer.

Rosales is one of two suspects in Gutierrez’s death

The other suspect is 33-year old Simon Rios, who is also charged with killing his wife and three daughte************SNIP************

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/news/local/13554808.htm

Alejandra ‘suspect’ appears in court

Fort Wayne teenager named as a suspect in the Alejandra Gutierrez case made his first appearance in juvenile court Wednesday, but his alleged role in the 10-year-old girl’s abduction and slaying is not any clearer.
Juan Rosales, 17, is charged with being delinquent by false reporting, a crime that would be Indiana’s highest-level misdemeanor if committed by an adult.
Chief Deputy Allen County Prosecutor Michael McAlexander and Deputy Prosecutor Carolyn Foley would not release information Wednesday about what information Rosales is accused of falsely reporting or which investigation the false information involved.
Rosales has also been named as someone with information pertaining to the quadruple slayings of Ana Casas, 28, and her three daughters, Katherinne G. Rios, 4; Liliana K. Rios Casas, 10; and Thannya Karolinna Rios, 20 months. Casas’ husband, Simon Rios, 33, is charged with four counts of murder in their strangulation deaths. Rios has also been named as a suspect in Alejandra’s disappearance and slaying.

and

Rosales’ attorneys, Robert W. Gevers II and Albert Anzini, entered a denial on his behalf, which is the juvenile equivalent of entering a plea of not guilty. Sims set a fact-finding hearing, the juvenile version of a trial, for March 6.

~more at link~

I think he possibly gave Simon Rios a false alibi, though I am not sure for which murder. JMO.

mysteriew said:
I think he possibly gave Simon Rios a false alibi, though I am not sure for which murder. JMO.

It sounds that way, doesn't it?

A man accused of killing four family members now knows when he'll go to trial. Tuesday Simon Rios made his second court appearance for attorneys to set that trial date. It appears that both sides in this case are expecting a long trial. Nearly a month of time was blocked for it.

Rios's attorney, Michelle Kraus, says she's not aware of any charges against her client from Delaware County.
Newschannel 15 also talked to Steve Godfrey from the Prosecutor’s office. He said that currently prosecutors have not filed to seek the death penalty in this case. But that does not mean they won't file in the future.
Delaware County officials say they're waiting for DNA evidence to come back in the Alejandra case before pressing charges. Those results could be back by the end of this week.
http://www.wane.com/Global/story.asp?S=4345131

[url="http://www.fortwayne.com/images/common/button_email_this.gif"]http://www.fortwayne.com/images/common/button_email_this.gifemail this[/url]
[url="http://www.fortwayne.com/images/common/button_print_this.gif"]http://www.fortwayne.com/images/common/button_print_this.gifprint this[/url]

_krdDartInc++;document.write('');[url="http://m.2mdn.net/viewad/835417/11-trans_1x1.gif"]http://m.2mdn.net/viewad/835417/11-trans_1x1.gif[/url] http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/fortwayne.homepage/homepage;kw=center6;=center6;group=rectangle;ord=1137004117500?" target="_blank">http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/fortwayne.homepage/homepage;kw=center6;=center6;group=rectangle;ord=1137004117500?

http://www.fortwayne.com/images/fortwayne/newssentinel/news/M0111Rios_01-11-2006_AK4GOUC.jpg
By Ellie Bogue of The News-Sentinel
Simon Rios, who is being held in connection with the deaths of his family and is a suspect in the death of his neighbor, 10-year-old Alejandra Gutierrez, had his court date set Tuesday.
http://www.fortwayne.com/images/fortwayne/newssentinel/news/MET0111riosprofile_01-11-2006_9K4GQKS.jpg
By Alexis Charbonnier for The News-Sentinel
Simon Rios’ brother Pastor and sister Guillermina join hands on a letter they wrote to Simon with the help of a family member, complete with a phone card to call home. Rios’ siblings learned of their brother’s arrest late last week and have not yet told their elderly parents.

if (typeof(krd_topix_property) != 'undefined') {document.write('var topixcats = new Array();');}var topixcats = new Array();

Posted on Wed, Jan. 11, 2006

Rios’ family didn’t know of deaths

They scoured Internet after learning of brother’s arrest

By Alexis Charbonnier

Special to The News-Sentinel

TOLUCA, MEXICO – When Simon Rios’ siblings finally got the news, they cried.

Then, they looked on the Internet.

Simon Rios’ Mexican kin, none of whom had ever clicked a computer mouse, got help from family and friends and began scouring the Web for details of the events involving their brother.

The family had no inkling their brother sat in an Allen County Jail cell awaiting trial on charges of strangling his wife, Ana Casas, and their three daughters – Liliana 10; Kathy, 4, and Thannya, 1– until they returned a call Friday from a reporter who had left a note with an aunt two states away.

Officials investigating the disappearance and death of 10-year-old Alejandra Gutierrez have also identified Rios as the suspect in that case.

“I was speechless,” said Brigida Rios, 29, Simon Rios’ youngest sister and the first to get the news. “I couldn’t believe it.”

Said Pastor Rios, 35, one of Simon Rios’ two older brothers: “I was in downtown Toluca when I got the call. When I got back to the office, everyone was waiting for me. I still can’t believe it.”

It was unclear to his family why Simon Rios had not yet contacted them. They thought maybe shame or concern for his elderly parents’ health – Antonio Rios is 77 and Maria Luisa García is 76 – were to blame, his family

********************CONTINUED***************

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/fortwayne/13600658.htm

Accused killer on suicide watch at jail

His trial will begin May 8, a judge determined Tuesday.

By Amy Soper asoper@news-sentinel.com

A man accused of strangling his wife and three daughters is listed as a suicide risk at the Allen County Jail.

Simon Rios will remain on suicide watch until psychological tests determine he’s not at risk of being a danger to himself, said Trina Haywood, assistant jail commander. Rios appeared Tuesday morning before Allen Superior Judge Kenneth Scheibenberger, who set a trial start date of 8:30 a.m. May 8.

“Once he’s off suicide watch he’ll be in protective custody,” Haywood said. Protective custody will allow Rios one hour outside his cell daily and shield him from other inmates. “Because of the nature of the crimes he’s charged with and because it’s a highly publicized case, we don’t want to risk harm to him from others.”

Rios faces four counts of murder and two counts of moving a body. He could face 260 years in prison if convicted of the murder charges. A plea of not guilty on all charges was entered on Rios’ behalf in Decemberges was entered on Rios’ behalf in December

******************CONTINUED

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back