IN - Alejandra Gutierrez, 10, Fort Wayne, 8 Dec 2005

Gmommy said:

This guy deserves the death penalty as he murdered 4 little girls all total and his 28 yr old wife. I will always wonder if he murdered his wife and daughters because his wife found out what he had done to that little girl. To top the whole thing off he goes over and gives the little girl's family food or something after their daughter went missing. How could he look that family in the eyes?

Bobbisangel said:
This guy deserves the death penalty as he murdered 4 little girls all total and his 28 yr old wife. I will always wonder if he murdered his wife and daughters because his wife found out what he had done to that little girl. To top the whole thing off he goes over and gives the little girl's family food or something after their daughter went missing. How could he look that family in the eyes?
Killing his own family may well mean that his preferred life was being threatened. Visiting the murdered child's family was likely a way for him to fully savor his evil deeds - certainly not any sincere show of compassion or remorse.
It all shows how cold and unfeeling he is. Also makes you wonder how many others he killed in the past. He didn't just wake up one morning and decide to kill these five people. Where did he live, travel and visit in the past?

Richard said:
....Also makes you wonder how many others he killed in the past. He didn't just wake up one morning and decide to kill these five people. Where did he live, travel and visit in the past?

I suppose cold case units all across the country are asking the same things.

A man facing death penalty charges in the slayings of his wife and their three daughters will plead guilty in a separate case involving the abduction and murder of a 10-year-old neighbor girl, his attorney said.

Simon Rios, 35, will make the deal in Delaware County to avoid the death penalty in the 10-year-old's slaying, attorney Michelle Kraus said Monday. Prosecutors will agree to sentence him to life in prison, she said.

He is charged in the murder and rape of Alejandra Gutierrez, who lived in Rios' neighborhood in Fort Wayne and disappeared Dec. 8, 2005. Authorities have said Rios kidnapped Gutierrez from a bus stop and drove her in a van to Delaware County. Her body was found in a wooded area near Muncie, about 60 miles south of Fort Wayne.

Delaware County Prosecutor Mark McKinney would not comment on whether he had reached a plea agreement. He has not yet filed death penalty charges. A pretrial conference in the case was scheduled for Wednesday, and his trial scheduled to begin April 23.

http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2007/04/10//updates/breaking_news/doc461bca78118ce746141512.txt

An illegal immigrant serving five life terms for the strangling deaths of his wife, three young daughters and a neighborhood girl apparently took his own life Thursday by hanging himself, authorities said.

~snip~

On Dec. 8, 2005, Rios lured 10-year-old Alejandra Gutierrez, a former classmate of his eldest daughter, into his van as she waited at a school bus stop in Fort Wayne. Authorities say he raped and strangled her, then dumped her body in a gravel pit 50 miles away near Muncie.

Five days after killing Alejandra but before her body was found, Rios fatally beat and strangled his wife, Ana Casas-Rios, 28, and strangled their three daughters, Liliana, 10, Katherinne, 4, and 20-month-old Thannya, in their Fort Wayne home.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,435443,00.html

I can think of a lot of things to post here, but would be banned for any of them, so will refrain. There has to be a reckoning somewhere.

Why didn't he do this years ago and let his family and Alejandra live?

Wow...i just read the posts from start to finish about this story.
I never remember hearing about this poor little girl in the news. :(
I didn't expect the ending to be about him hanging himself either.
How sad for everyone involved.
His poor wife and kids....and that poor little girl...
and everyone that loved them all....:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back