IN IN - Brandie Peltz, 11, Argos, 11 December 1986

The prom murders/ Pelly case was farther north in Lakeville and rural also. BTW an innocence project has taken on the Pelly case according to his sister's web site.

Another interesting thing is they both have books out at the same time about the cases and both had the same coroner.

And here I go again....what is this about children the Peltz family adopted after Brandie's death and then RETURNED? Helloooo...they aren't clothing. You don't just bring them back.

yeah I thought that was weird too! adopting and then giving them back.

I think we need to start a thread on the Pelley murders too - especially since The Innocense Project has agreed to take it! I think Jeff is guilty as sin! Not to hi-jack thread with another case:)

OK I talked to my Mother. My uncle is good friends with the guy that was Marshall County Sheriff then. My uncle told my Mother years ago they thought the Hulse murder was commited by someone who was "English" and left the country and Brandie's murder was commited by someone in jail who had already died. My Mother wants these murders solved as well - can't say much more. Don't want my uncle drug through the mud. I'll see what else I can find.

This murder/murders need to be solved. I think there has to be some coverup something going on. I hope the State Police get involved. A child 11 years old killed and nobody cares??? Even her Mother doesn't want to give much information. Something not right here.

OK I talked to my Mother. My uncle is good friends with the guy that was Marshall County Sheriff then. My uncle told my Mother years ago they thought the Hulse murder was commited by someone who was "English" and left the country and Brandie's murder was commited by someone in jail who had already died. My Mother wants these murders solved as well - can't say much more. Don't want my uncle drug through the mud. I'll see what else I can find.

Do a lot of people in the area think there may have been any kind of police coverup at the time? Don't want to drag your uncle into things and obviously he wasn't sheriff in that particular county but could it be possible that the Marshall Cty Sheriff told people that the murderer was in jail for another crime to coverup the possibility it was his nephew or the passerby?

I don't think people think there was a cover-up. More likely people think the police force might not have been up to the job of solving this murder. That is why everyone is happy the Indiana state police is taking the case. That only happened after the book.

As far as suspects... the "Englishman" was actually a suspect for Brandies murder, there were really 2 Englishmen and they seem to be ruled out by the author of the Passerby.

In case anyone is interested....

From Jeff Pelley's sister site:

March 2009 The Innocence Project from Indiana University School of Law- Indianapolis has agreed to take our case.

http://www.justiceforjeff.org/

The book about the case is: The Prom Night Murders : By Carlton Smith

So who does the Author suspect, or does he say?

Two very interesting cases. Is CK starting a Pelly thread?

I read the book about the prom murders. I think the author thinks Jeff was the killer, but there were questions in the timeline and about other possible suspects. The timeline was very tight, he had to kill 4 people, clean up, get dressed, go to a gas station, fiddle with his car, hide the gun, and drive into town in 20 minutes. Even I have questions with that.

Sorry Colette ... I was asking about the BP case, who does the author think committed her murder?

Colette, have you read The Passerby? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

I started a thread on Jeff Pelley. I posted a lot of articles I found on the internet. He seems the only logical suspect. Especially when you read about the interview he had w/police.

Colette, have you read The Passerby? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Yes SleuthyMama, I have read this book. It was very good too. The author thinks the "Passerby" is the killer.

Thank god that someone has cared enough to reopen the case. My grandfather lived next door to her grandparents (and or parents), and I remember playing with Brandie, I remember being scared to death after her murder. I hope that this book and interest in the case help to solve her and Other murders in that area in the same time frame.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back