IN IN - Brandie Peltz, 11, Argos, 11 December 1986

The lead detective says "The Passerby" got everything wrong but helped bring interest back into the case. Well it sounds like they really don't have a clue who did it. This looks like it will never be solved. ISP is waiting for someone to come forward, give me a break. Maybe they should try testing some old evidence but they probably threw it out or didn't collect in the first place.

Seems like the ISP detective only made himself look bad amongst the folks in the community that helped the writer. Very sad indeed. I have faith that there is a larger force guiding the outcome of Brandie's case though. And I do believe she will get the justice she so very much deserves in the near future.

I am from argos. Brandie and i rode the same bus. I think it was a county cop who was stalkin a young lady in the area. She would have never opend the door for a stranger, but she would have for the police. This cop is no longer on the force because of inappropriate actions with a young girl. This also explains the coverup theory. Think about it, i have!

Such a sad case, how can an 11 year old child be murdered and sexually assaulted the way Brandie was and there be no justice for her.

Mrs.bwatkins, was this cop found to be stalking the young lady around the time of Brandie's murder?

I could definitely see a young girl opening the door for police, we're all taught that the police are people we trust, we never think of them as people who could possibly hurt us or be doing something illegal.

Yes he was. He pulled my sister over after following her from the bourbon dairy queen, just to get her number.He was the first person on the scene, not the fireman.

I am from Argos. There is recent discussion about the case of Brandie Peltz. The people want "Justice for Brandie". We hope the renewed interest will spark some more information, thoughts, or discussions as to what truly happened to this young girl in our small town. Attached is the original news articles that were published shortly after the murder.

Attachments

• Peltz Newpaper Articles.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
  • Peltz Newspaper Articles 2.pdf
    640.4 KB · Views: 18
On the eve of Brandie's 39th birthday, a small group gathered to remember her.
A 2008 novel based on the murder called “The Passerby” helped generate some fresh leads when it was published. Police had released no new information based on those leads, but many residents are still holding out for a break in the case.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Indiana State Police, District Investigative Commander : 1425 Miami Highway, Bremen, IN 46506 or call 1-800-552-2959 or 1-574-546-4900.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/...ered-28-years-after-her-death--278751191.html

A vigil was held tonight, 29 years since Brandie was murdered.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Vigil-planned-Friday-for-cold-case-murder-victim-Brandie-Peltz-361544791.html

An arrest has never been made in the case, but many residents are still hopeful that new information will lead to a break. Police believe Brandie's murderer is still out there, maybe even living among us.

brandie+peltz1.jpg

Video link of the vigil.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Mourners-host-evening-vigil-for-Brandie-Peltz-361647411.html

Nearly 30 years later, Brandie's family and friends have been waiting for a killer to be caught, and they're still waiting.

“If they think they got away with this in this life, there's a judgment day coming,” Brandie’s aunt Reva said.

“The hope is, with technology today, that something could be brought forth and take care of this matter,” Brandie’s uncle Dennis said.

As candles were lit and passed out Friday evening, Brandie's friend shared some of her fondest memories, including letters and cards they exchanged. Those attending say after 29 years, they can't forget a tragedy that shocked their tiny Indiana town.

What about telephone records? I know for a fact when people actually had landlines that they kept a record of calls in and out and put them on your phone bill. If calls were being made to the house, why couldn't they subpoena the phone records and see where the call was made from? This would give them insight into who was making the obscene phone calls, thus giving them a suspect to pursue. Even if solid DNA wasn't left at the scene, surely with the telephone cord there was mitochondrial DNA left behind. This would be enough to tie the same person to the murder. The breathing sounds like anger, the person is obviously angry at someone in the household (from what it sounds like it's the mother) and instead of talking he is fuming. He is angry and is letting them know he is worked up. Does it necessarily have to be a man? What about a woman whose husband was cheating with Brandie's mother? There are lots of avenues to go down. I'm just curious if any of these were pursued.

Anyone thought of a possible connection between Brandie's murder and Linda Weldy in LaPorte, IN? Towns are only about an hour from each other.

It could be possible. Whomever killed the girls would have to know that Brandie was home alone from school and that Linda would get off the bus alone in that spot ( or just happen to be there when she got off the bus). I feel like Brandie's killer was local to Argos and Linda's could have just been a quick opportunity. It's sad that both cases are still unsolved.

Hi am just now finding this thread. Would I be right in saying that the "passerby" passed away last year?
Would/could that make any difference in the investigation of this case?

Yes he was. He pulled my sister over after following her from the bourbon dairy queen, just to get her number.He was the first person on the scene, not the fireman.

Was this the same police officer that was arrested the following month for child molestation?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back