IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #6

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by IceIce9, Oct 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

Engagement Letter. Paying for "Costs"?
    @Forever Young :) Yes. Typically atty/firm pays these out of pocket costs as they arise. Cumulatively they can be quite substantial, w some cases dragging on for yrs.

---- If atty obtains $$$ from defendant, thru negotiation, settlement, or lawsuit, then the math: $$$ less the 33 1/3% atty fee (per sample contract) then less $$$ costs, as enumerated ^, then the balance is disbursed to client.
    ---- If atty/firm does not obtain $$$ from defendant, atty/firm may never be reimbursed for all the out of pocket expenses they have paid for. Per contract, client is responsible for reimbursement, but I won't guess about lawsuits attys file against clients to try to collect. No idea how often.
    {{{ETA: Contingency fees and atty's advancing litigtion costs on behalf of clients allows some clients to sue, when without these contingency fees & advances, client would not have legal representation to sue. And paying lit costs also force attys to be more selective, not take the shaky/dodgy/flimsy cases.}}}

(I don't want to go too much further afield or O/T by discussing at length in this thread, unless it is specific to the case. And others may have info for you too, if you want to pose questions or discuss in Private Forums/Jury Room. Good questions.)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020

2. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

He leaned out, he looked out and around then he picked up Chloe to do the same.
    He disgusts me.
    What’s the matter with him this person!
    It’s possible Chloe didn’t understand the expanse and simply thought it was a great big picture in front of her, but she was a baby.

3. Kindred

Kindred Well-Known Member

Here is my question:

Does he actually lean ON his elbows/arms when he looks over the railing and out? And if so HOW?

The position our actor takes doesn't allow any chance of really leaning because he folds his arms beneath him, putting his arms between his body and the rail. That position does make it impossible. However if he puts his elbows on the rail to his sides it's perfectly possible for him to lean with his belly on the rail between them unobstructed and lean further out.

Remember, Winkleman wanted them to have access to the area without the cameras on or any witnesses. How much do you want to bet they did multiple dry runs before they found a position that "made it impossible" and they didn't want anyone to be able to say otherwise?

4. wwb

wwb Member

Hello, first time poster, long time lurker.

I had to sign up because I haven't been able to find anyone talking about where the parents were and why SA had Chloe alone in the bar area. Has this been released?

I did a search on here/google but came up empty.

redabby, CalmSeas, fabvab and 7 others like this.
  5. Kindred

Welcome!

Per the families complaint:

"11. On or about July 7, 2019, at approximately 1:15 p.m., the family boarded the vessel in San Juan, Puerto Rico for a 7-night Southern Caribbean cruise. Upon boarding, the family went to the Windjammer Café for lunch. After lunch, Mrs. Schultz-Wiegand and Chloe changed into swimsuits, and at approximately 2:40 p.m., they began to play in the pool(s) aboard the ship.

12. At or around 3:50 p.m., Mrs. Schultz Wiegand needed to go help with an issue related to the cruise, and as such, Mr. Anello came up to the H2O Zone on Deck 11 of the vessel to supervise Chloe"

https://www.lipcon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/DE-1-Wrongful-Death-Complaint.pdf

While it doesn't state where the rest of the family was it's highly likely some of them were just relaxing in their staterooms (how SA may have known to go find mom to let her know she needed to take care of something) or were just elsewhere exploring the ship/relaxing and enjoying the start of their vacation.

6. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

At about the -6:00 to -6:45 mark, SA strides to the window reaches out with both arms and pulls himself forward with his hands. He has to have gripped the sides of the window because there’s nothing else for him to grip is there? He leans way forward from the waist and to the point almost his entire upper body is through the window. Even if part of that is due to being obscured by the window frame his head and neck would undoubtedly still be out the window.

This view shows without a doubt that he knew the window was open. He pulled himself forward and through it then looked out and down while holding onto the sides of the window.
    That re enactment they did was nothing but a mockery.

Interesting, although I don’t understand very much Spanish I did understand when the co host said “loco”.

7. SaguaroSpirit

SaguaroSpirit Happy Times in Cactus Land

Did we ever decide if a diaper bag was left with SA? Or not?

Stinalyn, Lilibet, neesaki and 2 others like this.
  8. Kindred

No though there was probably one on a lounge chair or wherever mom had put their towels when they came up to play in the water. If she was only running off to take care of something quick and then coming back to keep playing with Chloe I don't think she'd leave with it if she had brought one up in the first place.

neesaki, sassyblue, Lilibet and 2 others like this.
  9. SaguaroSpirit

Because, IIRC, when you have a toddler, you never make a move with out a diaper bag handy. Because all kinds of unexpected stuff happens all the time.

10. SaguaroSpirit

11. BeachSky

BeachSky Well-Known Member

I’m thinking ....Liar liar pants on fire!

MOO

12. wwb

wwb Member

Thank you! I suppose I should have looked a bit harder :eek::)

13. Lawnguylander1964

Lawnguylander1964 Well-Known Member

Found the Twitter for Wink's law firm. They post all of his tv appearances about this case.

He's been on Dr. Oz.

14. IceIce9

IceIce9 Well-Known Member

15. annemc2

annemc2 her name is Suzanne Marie Sevakis

@al66pine, I am very impressed with your diplomatic language!! :D

16. neesaki

OMG, it’s shows over 3700 comments.. It shows today’s date for the article, was it posted earlier and updated maybe?
    I mean, wow, That’s a huge number of comments, and most along same line of thinking we are.

17. neesaki

Ain’t that the truth!

18. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

Exactly! I was practically yelling that at the TV! And no one heard me. :mad: I mean Duh.

19. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

20. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

Why thank you for your kind words. [:rolleyes:blushing:rolleyes:]

One New Yrs Eve resolution that has not gone down the tubes (yet).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.