GUILTY IN - Jada Justice, 2, Gary, 16 June 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family remains hopeful girl will be found safe

* Police search backyard using shovels, won't reveal what evidence they found.

http://www.post-trib.com/news/16302...?plckCurrentPage=1&sid=sitelife.post-trib.com

Saying that the DA refused to press charges but according to Vinelink she (moms cousin) is still at the Lake County Jail.

Interesting local comments, they arent buying the cousins story either.:furious:

Am watching HLN 5:20pm today and they said the cousin is NOT a suspect but she is a POI and has been taken in for questioning etc.

Now there IS the possibility she has been arrested because LE did find durgs in her house, so IF she was arrested it would be on unreleated charges.

Who is Engelica's bf? It has not been reported at all. Why not?
Where did his burns come from?
So many other questions.

thengelicaandherman-1.jpg

engelicaandherman-1.jpg
engelicaandherman.jpg

Melissa's photobucket says Engelica and her man... could it be Engelica and Herman? Nah... too easy. It's bugging me about the burns. And it's bugging me that no one has spoken to Jada in a week.

As a personal aside, I saw someone one time with scorch looking burns like that on their face, they had put gasoline in a barrel to burn refuse and leaned in too close when they threw in the match. Looks like a flash type burn you think?

ETA: The guy I saw only lost about half an eyebrow too. This guy still has his eyelashes, or a part of them from what I see. I just asked Big Daddy he said he's seen those from a flash fire, sudden and short duration exposure (IED in Iraq).

By the way, when you open the link and see the pic of him, know you can click on the pic and get an enlarged view.
http://www.nwi.com/articles/2009/06/...db0008f13a.txt
( thanks for providing this Neptunian )

I noticed a perfect line around his neck. Whatever he was wearing, it must have protected him below the neckline.

Looks like burns resulting from a blast of some sort or maybe chemicals were thrown at his face? They look fairly fresh.

I also thought Fifth that the burns aren't severe enough, and don't look like they were and have healed to have been in connection with Meth production. JMHO.

So chemicals yes, I just don't think it was meth lab incident at this time.

Originally Posted by Amster
I just want to SCREAM!!

Why was a dog in heat in the crib?? And, how did boyfriend get burned??

The reason the dog might have been in the crib if she was in heat could have been to keep her away from any unaltered male dogs in the house.

The other possibility was that they did not want her making a mess all over the house and did not have a crate and stuck her in there.

Here is a link to a news story with photos of the cousin and cousin's BF. Serious facial burns, but I can't tell by looking how old these burns are.

http://www.nwi.com/articles/2009/06/20/news/top/doc2b1a3b50579bc9db862575db0008f13a.txt

nurse perspective on the burns (my opinion only... I have had some burn unit experience fwiw... but it was several years ago)

from what his burns look like... it looks like a partial thickness burn in some areas that he treated himself. The burned areas are dark red and scabbed in some places... Some areas on the neck were oozing... It appears he had on a baseball hat or cap of some kind at the time as his forehead is noticeably untouched. If you look around his eyes you can see that at the time of the burn he squinted (the burns are striated around his eyes) which could indicate possibly an explosion of some sort or standing in front of very hot fire. I do not so much think it would be a hot liquid burn due to the pattern and coverage on his face/affected area. Also, based on what this burn looks like... it could have happened within the last week or few weeks. The healed skin is dark red and liver colored in other areas. Imagine a rug burn and the color change that you notice in a few days after it occurs... I do not see any evidence of him having had skin grafts or the fact that these are older burns that he had treated in a burn unit... at least from this photo

sorry for the two cents... just wanted to pipe in about those burns.. they are pretty serious and he "should" have sought medical treatment for them... something is telling me he didn't...

As a personal aside, I saw someone one time with scorch looking burns like that on their face, they had put gasoline in a barrel to burn refuse and leaned in too close when they threw in the match. Looks like a flash type burn you think?

ETA: The guy I saw only lost about half an eyebrow too. This guy still has his eyelashes, or a part of them from what I see. I just asked Big Daddy he said he's seen those from a flash fire, sudden and short duration exposure (IED in Iraq).

That type of situation would fit because his arm was burnt as well. It does seem like LE is focusing on EC so hopefully these burns are not connected to Jada. It is very difficult to imagine situations where someone could be burned like that.

It would be nice to know if Jada's mother saw the burns before she left.

I'm hoping that they find little Jada and answers will be coming soon.

Edit: I can't find a mention of which arm was burnt. I am missing something, or has that not been released. :-) And thank you Nursebeeme for your opinion of the burn! :-)

Jada's mom Melissa has three children, were those children with AC too?

I'm also wondering what kind of home like EC has. She's 18 and already living with her boyfriend? Maybe I'm just a square, but that seems young to me.

I wonder if the gang unit was called because LE knows that EC and/or TT are involved in a gang or if LE just suspects it.

I hope that more information will be released soon.

I've seen similar burns before on a friend that was burning garbage. The fire wasn't going good enough so he threw gasoline on it from a gas can he was holding in his hand. Not only did the fire explode but the stream of gasoline from the can followed right back and burned his arm and hand quite badly. That is why people are told never to throw an accelerant on a fire or bbq that is already burning

Do we have a fireman around here?

Jada's mom Melissa has three children, were those children with AC too?

I'm also wondering what kind of home like EC has. She's 18 and already living with her boyfriend? Maybe I'm just a square, but that seems young to me.

I wonder if the gang unit was called because LE knows that EC and/or TT are involved in a gang or if LE just suspects it.

I hope that more information will be released soon.
I wondered the same thing... and found it strange that they called in that particular unit when some evidence of drugs was found in the house. Off to look around at Gary, Indiana gang activity...

http://christianparty.net/gary.htm

http://www.morganquitno.com/cit02dang.htm
(Gary is number 5 on the most dangerous cities list)

http://www.city-data.com/forum/northwest-indiana/115741-gary-indiana-really-bad.html
(interesting forum on Gary... lots of local posts)

(about 30 minutes have passed since starting this post... and I have just read almost all of the forum on Gary and I just want to say that I now understand why the gang unit was called in for evidence of drugs being found in the house. Hands down... it is most likely normal business for them in that town!! This is NOT a good area for this precious child to be missing from! And the area needs to be considered in this case as per what may have happened to her... moo.. but what I have read about the gas stations, the vagrancy, random and senseless violence... I just need a shower!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexaatmedotcom
Back