IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qmfr:
Court docs: Missing girl told police man 'tried to kill her'

“On Monday, prosecutors in Tippecanoe County charged James Chadwell II with attempted murder, two counts of child molesting, kidnapping, criminal confinement resulting in serious bodily injury, battery resulting in serious bodily injury and strangulation, according to online court records.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Chadwell forced the girl to go into his basement, perform a sexual act, hit her in the head when she fought back and made threats to kill her if she screamed or told anyone what happened.”

I wonder, did she sustain a (serious) head injury also when he “hit her in the head”? :mad: :(

Is she home yet?

Our hearts ache for this little one. Going to pet the dogs...:( :(

Eta:
A possibility:
I wondered if it was an added charge for knowing she was under 14:
A person can be convicted of attempted child molestation, if he or she believed the child to be under 14 at the time, even if the child wasn't.

Indiana Rape and Sexual Assault Laws - FindLaw
Oh wow, I can’t say I recall hearing/knowing this before ....interesting...

Last edited:
Yes. MOO maybe he thought she was dead.
I would like to know how the police found her in the basement.

The scanner feed helped me to understand. Thank @cujenn81 for those posts and @mpnola for requesting the archives. If anyone listens to the scanner traffic, remember not one thing learned there can be brought here to these threads.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...scanner-alerts-9.524488/page-18#post-16774490

News articles state that Officers arrived to talk with JC. He quickly dressed so he could answer the door. It is my opinion that he was in the midst of strangling the young victim when this occurred. It saved her life when police arrived.
He closed and locked the door to the basement.
Perhaps the Officer(s) heard her cries as she struggled to regain consciousness. No doubt she was terrified and found herself half dressed.
Next, we learn an ambulance is called and the tiny victim was carried away on a gurney.

Iirc, on his FB he said he was in love with a “lil redhead”, or something along those lines. Note to check date. Was it within the last two weeks?

It’s been a week since the incident - I hope the little girl is healing well and is home from the hospital by now. :(

What would Foxfire be posting now?
I like to ask myself this sometimes.
Certainly he would be posting about recidivism a lot. But there would be other wise and educational posts.
I just feel like he would have some sort of insight that has not occurred to me.

What would Foxfire be posting now?
I like to ask myself this sometimes.
Certainly he would be posting about recidivism a lot. But there would be other wise and educational posts.
I just feel like he would have some sort of insight that has not occurred to me.
I have some notes on things he might say. I’ve posted them in other threads, I’ve been meaning to bring them forward. Thank you, will do so when I get a chance. There’s one in particular, reminded me in a post by @DeDee, iirc, when the park was mentioned.

* I still have some old conversations with Foxfire, some that didn’t get lost when the new WS transferred over. I’ll look through those too.

Oh my gosh. Have y'all noticed he also had photos posted on that google review map thing? Here is one....
Tippecanoe County - Google Maps
I am replying to myself.... for the record... the spot that it shows pinned on the map is not the actual body of water. Because there does not seem to be one there. So all of you sleuths who are good at matching the place and the thing and the picture kind of talent.... I would love to know where this actually is.

I am replying to myself.... for the record... the spot that it shows pinned on the map is not the actual body of water. Because there does not seem to be one there. So all of you sleuths who are good at matching the place and the thing and the picture kind of talent.... I would love to know where this actually is.
So when these reviews say 4 years ago, does that mean sometime in the last 4 years prior to today? So like April '16 -April '17?

I have some notes on things he might say. I’ve posted them in other threads, I’ve been meaning to bring them forward. Thank you, will do so when I get a chance. There’s one in particular, reminded me in a post by @DeDee, iirc, when the park was mentioned.

* I still have some old conversations with Foxfire, some that didn’t get lost when the new WS transferred over. I’ll look through those too.
John Douglas - IMDb

This is not a @foxfire60441 but it is one he quoted for our benefit once. It is from John Douglas, FBI Profiler:

• [recalling how his obsession with finding the Green River Killer almost killed him] I didn't have a support system. I came back, I took out Inca Protection insurance, and life insurance, I went out to Seattle before I left, I told my family about my life insurance. 'You shouldn't go, what's wrong with you? You don't look right'. I'm getting headaches, I just don't feel right, but they're depending on me to go out there. I go before the task force, and that night I tell them 'Don't bother me, I'm not going out tomorrow, I'm getting the flu'. I collapse in my hotel room, they find me two days later with a lesion on my brain, I had viral encephalitis, related to the stress just burnt me out. Brain swelled, split the brain, left side paralysis, 220 heartbeat, 105-107 body temperature, my eyes were dilated, my whole system shut down. I'm in this coma now, and they take me to the hospital, but I'm aware, I'm aware something's going on around me. And they're starting to, I feel pain, and they're putting tubes in every body orifice in me, and I feel pain, and the last thing was the life support system, and they're forcing it down my throat. And I think I'm in hell; I think all these guys I've been after, they got me now, I'm being tortured, and now I'm being choked to death, I can't breathe.
Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments

IMO, people who actually need psych evals are not the ones who request them...
I'd guess that he thinks he can "beat the eval" - meaning that he thinks he can make himself appear to a psychologist that he's some certain type of "psychologically challenged" with the expectation of influencing the type of sentence he receives. The fact that he's asking for it this quickly makes me think he may have researched the ploy a little bit and thinks he has a plan.

This is what I see when using the link provided. Also, I was already signed into my google maps so that may have helped...dunno.

WS JC Tippecanoe Co.png

I'd guess that he thinks he can "beat the eval" - meaning that he thinks he can make himself appear to a psychologist that he's some certain type of "psychologically challenged" with the expectation of influencing the type of sentence he receives. The fact that he's asking for it this quickly makes me think he may have researched the ploy a little bit and thinks he has a plan.
Yep-that was my thought as well!

John Douglas - IMDb

This is not a @foxfire60441 but it is one he quoted for our benefit once. It is from John Douglas, FBI Profiler:

• [recalling how his obsession with finding the Green River Killer almost killed him] I didn't have a support system. I came back, I took out Inca Protection insurance, and life insurance, I went out to Seattle before I left, I told my family about my life insurance. 'You shouldn't go, what's wrong with you? You don't look right'. I'm getting headaches, I just don't feel right, but they're depending on me to go out there. I go before the task force, and that night I tell them 'Don't bother me, I'm not going out tomorrow, I'm getting the flu'. I collapse in my hotel room, they find me two days later with a lesion on my brain, I had viral encephalitis, related to the stress just burnt me out. Brain swelled, split the brain, left side paralysis, 220 heartbeat, 105-107 body temperature, my eyes were dilated, my whole system shut down. I'm in this coma now, and they take me to the hospital, but I'm aware, I'm aware something's going on around me. And they're starting to, I feel pain, and they're putting tubes in every body orifice in me, and I feel pain, and the last thing was the life support system, and they're forcing it down my throat. And I think I'm in hell; I think all these guys I've been after, they got me now, I'm being tortured, and now I'm being choked to death, I can't breathe.
Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments
Wow! Simply fascinating info! Some day I would like to learn more about this @foxfire60441 person. And Journey Into Darkness is going straight to the top of my reading list!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa